Barbers Hill vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/Barbers Hill wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1098311" timestamp="1319858326"]
I cant believe I'm gonna say this but.....THA HILL IS FOR REAL!!!  ;D Just threw up in my mouth a little..
[/quote]

Agreed.  On both statements.

[quote name="bearkatfan" post="1098188" timestamp="1319857092"]
I was truly suprised how much GCM lost there cool in the second half that was sad.
[/quote]

When they got down 21-0 they just quit it seemed. 

I guess GCMPATS got to wear a BH shirt to the first BH playoff game...... ;D ;D  I got to get that thing ordered, what size?

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1098315" timestamp="1319858367"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90594.msg1098311#msg1098311 date=1319858326]
I cant believe I'm gonna say this but.....THA HILL IS FOR REAL!!!  ;D Just threw up in my mouth a little..
[/quote]

Agreed.  On both statements.
[/quote]

Wow just saw your previous post...we think alike

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1098296" timestamp="1319858186"]
GCM better man up! they have Lee next and thier RB #33 was ejected which means he cannot play next week. Than may just cost them a playoff spot!  GCM showed some poor sportsmanship tonight! After they were down 21-0 it looks like the whole team just quit! Good game by BH tonight though. BH came out kind of slopy, but got focused and really brought it tonight! They keep playing like this and I may get to add Brenham Who to my signature line ;D
[/quote]

I'm not surprised at all. The GCM conduct was called out here about a month ago. It's not the first time they played us like that. Good Win Eagles, still some mental mistakes that have to be ironed out before the playoffs though.

Chronicle said GCM had 256 total yards and 230 or so on the ground?  Really?  Up until the 4th qtr I would have sworn they only had about 100 and I can't imagine they had 150+ in the 4th.  Of course the Chron also said there were no penalties for either team and they had like 4 or 5 personal fouls too so I guess you gotta take the stats with a grain of salt.  Anyway, the Eagle D looks TOUGH!!!

Hard to unlearn 15 years of no discipline in one year with a coach.

I've seen bad seeds in high school turn out to be quite successful adults.  Just going to take time for this kid to learn what to do and not to do.

Of course BH is going to have better disciplined kids than Baytown teams.  Different economic classes, different upbringings, different family structures I'm sure.

Guest UHCoog14
BS!

Discipline and class are two seperate character traits.

No class is cheering or taunting an injured player. Not shaking hands after the game.

Discipline is how you react to situations.
Both positive and negative.

Why are we barking about this issue, this was teenagers who have been down and were playing well and were soundly beat on the field. There were late hits and kids barking at one another but I didn't see any thing that was classless. Most of what I saw was frustation and emotion taking over.

Great job Eagles. GCM has a lot to be excited about. Lots of athletes and they will keep getting better. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1099184" timestamp="1319921301"]
Hard to unlearn 15 years of no discipline in one year with a coach.

I've seen bad seeds in high school turn out to be quite successful adults.  Just going to take time for this kid to learn what to do and not to do.

Of course BH is going to have better disciplined kids than Baytown teams.  Different economic classes, different upbringings, different family structures I'm sure.
[/quote]

YEP!!!!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1098529" timestamp="1319862531"]
Oh Man, BH looks better every week.  I'm not sure how good we really are, but its GOOD.  Still think a very good spread offense would give us problems, but we sure can control the ball.  Congrats Eagles and Coaching staff on the district championship!
[/quote]

Wellsaid, Hillguy. They are certainly improving each week....sign of good coaching.
This team is pretty darn good.
Congrats out to the Eagles on 2011 District Championship. Take care of Crosby to remain undefeated and go make some noise in the playoffs.
Way to go Eagles !

To GCMPats (bad hair guy)
I have given considerable thought to my post, and
I apologize to you and the pats. The pats lack of discipline contributed to their loss, but  I agree that they [b]did show class [/b] when a player was down and at the end of the game (handshake line).
  Please accept my humblest apology.
  I also see a fairness in your posts.
  Teasing and taunting are part of the entertainment, but character assassinations carry it too far. I do not wish to go that route.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami