Southeast Texas Football

Well' date=' with only a couple of teams left to play and just about nobody left in the playoffs from this area, tell me your thoughts on the area football this year. Me personally, I don't think atleast for this year we as the golden triangle could compete. Please give me ya'lls insight on this.[/quote']

The Golden Triangle certainly isn't lighting it up this year. WO-S woulda, coulda, shoulda won but even they laid an egg. Listening to the game, it sounded like a 28-14 WO-S win.... if you didn't hear balls being snapped over player's heads, running reverses on 4th down, going to the spread from one foot out, etc.

WB is about the only team with a decent shot at going past this round. Central has to climb a fairly steep hill to beat LaMarque but could pull it off. Nederland has to climb Mount Everest... BUT, Everest has been climbed before.

All in all, it is not a very impressive showing. It was a great first round and that was about it but if you think our year was down, think about what 21-3A and 22-4A did to two other districts in the first round.

Your probably right. The strongest district going into the playoffs was the one with WOS, Silsbee, and Kirbyville. All three had good chances of advancing to the next round but all failed to do so. This had to be dissapointing to the area. The Dayton, Nederland, and Central district arent done yet but this district was not as strong as it has been in the past. For the most part any time these teams played anybody good outside the district they lost. The Crosby, BarbersHill, and Galena Park district were weak as evidenced by their loses in the first round. The Liberty, Splendora, and Coldspring district were very weak with only Splendora putting up much of a fight in the playoffs. All in all this was a down year for southeast football but alot of these teams have alot to build on for next year and hopefully return to the playoffs and be a force to be dealt with and advance more than one round.

It's been a pattern that doesn't look likely to change until we experience some growth.

LaMarque is down to 1100 or so ADM so growth isn't the answer. What I witness going into the 4th quarter of the Central/LM game is while Central kids held up 4 fingers, LM's whole team huddled on the hash mark in between periods. Teams like LM coaches and kids expect to win while this area teams except WO-S and Newton merely hope to win.....

Guest Kelly Football

WOS and Newton will always have the talent and Coaching to have a chance to win State Titles every year. My concern is our 4A and 5A District. Will they ever be able to go that far again?

Well' date=' with only a couple of teams left to play and just about nobody left in the playoffs from this area, tell me your thoughts on the area football this year. Me personally, I don't think atleast for this year we as the golden triangle could compete. Please give me ya'lls insight on this.[/quote']hey.....what about WB? how easily we forget? the Bruins are THE only team still alive. Give credit where credit's due! 8)

Guest WeedBegone

Atta boy 82 5A. You guys in SETX have your heads so far down, you have forgotton that we still business to take care of her in SETX. What can we do here in the West End to join your club. I personally take interest in keeping up with the success of your programs and regret that some of the teams in this area fell short. But the Bruins are still alive and kicking and hanging quite well with the Houston teams who out number us tremendously.

I tell you what, let 82 5A and I personally invite you to next weeks game, wear you colors so we can see you and i guarantee you it will be appreciated. It may even help start something positive towards our communitiy working even better together for these kids.

What about it 82-Champ?

I'll be there......let me extend a challenge to the golden triangle. Since there are no other local teams left to go and root for, why don't you guys make the hour drive to the other side of the beltway(Galena Park I.S.D. Stadium), and support the Bruins. The Cy-Falls team that we're playing is gonna be the toughest and most mirrored team the Bruins have faced this year. What I mean when I say that is, they are a lot like WB, as far as talent and style of offense and defense. We have a very good chance of winning this game and advancing to the Regional Finals/state quarterfinals. Come and support the Bruins, should be a great game! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83