Hemphill vs San Augustine

jlc2010

Before I make a prediction I want to say that I was sad to hear about Hemphill having to forfeit due to an ineligible player. After coming off of a year like they had last year, and then making the showing they have this year, that has to be a heck of a knock.

With that being said, I think the Wolves defense will be way too much for the Hornets to handle. Our offense should be able to score almost at will. I can see Hemphill being held to less points this week than last. But it is a rivalry game so you never know. SA 64 Hemp 14. 

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1092959" timestamp="1319479282"]
SA continues to roll through District undefeated, 65 - 20
[/quote]
I agree with this score. Hemphill was exposed last weekend and SA is better than CC.

[quote name="InjunRed" post="1093678" timestamp="1319549203"]
They played with the ineligible player all season through the New Waverly game.  Lost to NW or would have to forfeit that game as well.  Kid apparently lives in San Augustine.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.  I just assumed it was the Groveton game. 

[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="1094717" timestamp="1319643393"]
I would think Hemphill would appeal this decision on having to forfeit the Groveton game, or it this cut and dried?  Wonder who brought up the question of residence.....
[/quote]
This is strictly speculation but I heard a "higher up"  from SA brought it to attention because the kid is from SA originally and is related to someone SA.  I guess SA was more worried about HH than HH about SA!  JMO

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1094814" timestamp="1319648358"]
[quote author=TXHORN_ET link=topic=90321.msg1094717#msg1094717 date=1319643393]
I would think Hemphill would appeal this decision on having to forfeit the Groveton game, or it this cut and dried?  Wonder who brought up the question of residence.....
[/quote]
This is strictly speculation but I heard a "higher up"  from SA brought it to attention because the kid is from SA originally and is related to someone SA.  I guess SA was more worried about HH than HH about SA!  JMO
[/quote]

Just because you say it's "strictly speculation" doesn't mean it's alright to just repeat it.... And then you throw your opinion to the end of it....

San Augustine is not near as worried about Hemphill as Hemphill should be about San Augustine!!!!

It doesn't matter who brought it up. Rules are put in place for a reason. IMO it was the coaches duty to insure all of his players were eligible. He must have had some apprehension about letting the kid play if he didn't start him until the beginning of district. As far as the Wolves being worried, the only thing they need to be worried about this week is executing correctly on offense and covering their positions on defense. If they do that, they will be more than fine.

[color=red][size=14pt]GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!![/size][/color]

[quote name="HubTx" post="1094877" timestamp="1319651865"]
[quote author=wildcats35 link=topic=90321.msg1094814#msg1094814 date=1319648358]
[quote author=TXHORN_ET link=topic=90321.msg1094717#msg1094717 date=1319643393]
[/quote]
[/quote]

This is AMERICA and that's is why I said "STRICTLY SPECULATION"...The message board was created for discussion,gossip, or whatever!  Why else would there be a message board???  Sounds like someone from SA is worried.....I have all the respect in the world for SA but they seem likme the only people worried about anyone otherwise they wouldn't be running their yaps about how good they are,etc.  Do something besides get beat in the first round and I will eat crow!  Heck...ya'll have had top caliber athletes year in and out and still manage to underachieve every year until this year.  And....If you don't make it past the first round....you still have not lived up to expectations.  You can talk about hemphill or whoever but every year SA still ALWAYS have better OVERALL athletes compared to most schools in this district.  Good luck to the wolves and I hope ya'll represent us well from this district.

Just because you say it's "strictly speculation" doesn't mean it's alright to just repeat it.... And then you throw your opinion to the end of it....

San Augustine is not near as worried about Hemphill as Hemphill should be about San Augustine!!!!
[/quote]

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1095101" timestamp="1319660112"]
It doesn't matter who brought it up. Rules are put in place for a reason. IMO it was the coaches duty to insure all of his players were eligible. He must have had some apprehension about letting the kid play if he didn't start him until the beginning of district. As far as the Wolves being worried, the only thing they need to be worried about this week is executing correctly on offense and covering their positions on defense. If they do that, they will be more than fine.

[color=red][size=14pt]GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!![/size][/color]
[/quote] I could not agree with you more,Jesse James

[quote name="89falcon" post="1095368" timestamp="1319675619"]
This is silly. Hemphill is a one trick pony and has no chance in this game. SA is a district champion contender and will beat Hemphill in convincing fashion.
[/quote]

Still have to show up and play........That is why we play the game

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami