Who can clinch a playoff spot in Week 8!

WOSgrad

I'll hold off 'til next before cranking up Playoff Central, but I just wanted to go over the teams that can clinch a playoff spot this week:

[b][u]21-5A[/u][/b]

Memorial can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Sterling loss.
(Memorial clinched)

La Porte can clinch a playoff spot with a win.
(La Porte clinched)

[b][u]19-4A[/u][/b]

Barbers Hill can clinch a playoff spot with a win
(Barbers Hill clinched)

Crosby can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Baytown Lee loss

Goose Creek Memorial can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Baytown Lee loss

[b][u]20-4A[/u][/b]

Nederland can clinch a playoff spot with a win and an Ozen loss

Vidor can clinch a playoff spot with a win and an Ozen loss

Livingston can clinch a playoff spot with a win and an LC-M loss

[b][u]18-3A[/u][/b]

Jasper can clinch a playoff spot with a win
(Jasper clinched)

[b][u]21-3A[/u][/b]

West Orange-Stark can clinch with a win and a Hardin-Jefferson loss
(West Orange-Stark clinches)

[b][u]22-3A[/u][/b]

Coldspring can clinch a playoff spot with a Cleveland loss
(Coldspring clinched)

Huffman clinch a playoff spot with a win
(Huffman clinched)

[b][u]10-2A-I[/u][/b]

East Chambers clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Buna loss

[b][u]11-1A-I[/u][/b]

West Sabine clinch a playoff spot with a win

[b][u]14-1A-II[/u][/b]

Evadale can clinch a playoff spot with a win
(Evadale clinched)

[b][u]TAPPS I-3[/u][/b]

Beaumont Kelly can linch a playoff spot with a win
(Kelly clinched)

[b][u]TAPPS 6man II-4[/u][/b]

Dickinson Pine Drive Christian, Orange Community Christian, Alvin Living Stones and Brenham Christian have all clinched playoff spots

[quote name="baddog" post="1085139" timestamp="1318794878"]
I think I speak for all of Nederland with this comment. It is nice to know that we can clinch a playoff spot in week 8, but a District Championship is what we want.

Keep it going Dogs!
[/quote]Agreed..... One game at a time.

[quote name="outanup" post="1085147" timestamp="1318795436"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89957.msg1085139#msg1085139 date=1318794878]
I think I speak for all of Nederland with this comment. It is nice to know that we can clinch a playoff spot in week 8, but a District Championship is what we want.

Keep it going Dogs!
[/quote]Agreed..... One game at a time.
[/quote]

Yep, stay focused, one game at a time.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1085205" timestamp="1318797881"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=89957.msg1085132#msg1085132 date=1318794059]
Crosby would be 4-1 and would clinch a playoff spot this week with a win vs. GCM.
[/quote]

Also need a Baytown Lee loss to clinch this week.
[/quote]

GCM beats Crosby, it would put them at 4-1.  Would that clinch them with BH and Lee left.

[quote name="QB01" post="1085533" timestamp="1318811472"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=89957.msg1085205#msg1085205 date=1318797881]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=89957.msg1085132#msg1085132 date=1318794059]
Crosby would be 4-1 and would clinch a playoff spot this week with a win vs. GCM.
[/quote]

Also need a Baytown Lee loss to clinch this week.
[/quote]

GCM beats Crosby, it would put them at 4-1.  Would that clinch them with BH and Lee left.
[/quote]

They also need a Lee loss.

It is crazy to see that three of the four playoff spots in 20-4A can be wrapped up after this weekend. In a district that usually comes down to week 10, with 2-4 teams vying for for at least 2 spots, it's quite surprising that we could have all four spots wrapped up before that final week of the regular season (with three coming this week).

In all honesty, I see these three teams clinching this week:

20-4A

[b]Nederland[/b] can clinch a playoff spot with a win and an Ozen loss

[b]Vidor[/b] can clinch a playoff spot with a win and an Ozen loss

[b]Livingston[/b] can clinch a playoff spot with a win and an LC-M loss

I believe Nederland will win their game against Lumberton and Ozen will lose to Livingston.

Vidor will beat Central (again, Ozen loses to Livingston)

Livingston will beat Ozen and LCM will lose to PNG.

That will have Nederland, Vidor and Livingston in, with PNG only needing to win next week to clinch that final spot.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1088258" timestamp="1319123015"]
It is crazy to see that three of the four playoff spots in 20-4A can be wrapped up after this weekend. In a district that usually comes down to week 10, with 2-4 teams vying for for at least 2 spots, it's quite surprising that we could have all four spots wrapped up before that final week of the regular season (with three coming this week).

20-4A

I believe Nederland will win their game against Lumberton and Ozen will lose to Livingston.

That will have Nederland, Vidor and Livingston in, with PNG only needing to win next week to clinch that final spot.
[/quote]
I know i'm shooting for the stars now but what would happen if like you said Nederland, Vidor, and Livingston clinch this week and next week PNG looses to Vidor and the week after that Central pulls off a miracle win and beats PNG. What would happen to the playoff picture then?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1088453" timestamp="1319134408"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89957.msg1088258#msg1088258 date=1319123015]

20-4A

[/quote]
I know i'm shooting for the stars now but what would happen if like you said Nederland, Vidor, and Livingston clinch this week and next week PNG looses to Vidor and the week after that Central pulls off a miracle win and beats PNG. What would happen to the playoff picture then?
[/quote]

Well, if Nederland, Vidor and Livingston clinch then that would mean that the standings would be like this:

[table]
[tr][td][b]Team[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]W[/td][td]  [/td][td][b]L[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nederland[/td][td]    [/td][td]5[/td][td]  [/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Livingston[/td][td]    [/td][td]4[/td][td]  [/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vidor[/td][td]    [/td][td]4[/td][td]  [/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]PN-G[/td][td]    [/td][td]3[/td][td]  [/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ozen[/td][td]    [/td][td]2[/td][td]  [/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Central[/td][td]    [/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]LC-M[/td][td]    [/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Lumberton[/td][td]    [/td][td]0[/td][td]  [/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[/table]

The wildcard in your scenario for the remainder of the season would be Ozen, who if the above 3 clinch would stand at 2-3 going to Week 9.  If they split their two games (a likely scenario as they have Nederland in Week 9 and Lumberton in Week 10), PN-G loses their last 2 games (Vidor and Central) and Central wins their last 2 (Lumberton and PN-G) that would leave all 3 of those teams with a 3-4 district mark.  First tiebreaker (head to head amongst the tied teams would be a wash as all would be 1-1. 

That means you would go to point spread in those games with, I believe, an 18 point cap.  Central would have to beat PN-G by 13 or more points, which would give Central a +6 and PN-G a +5 to get that last playoff spot.

Dizzy yet?  I am!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1088470" timestamp="1319136464"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89957.msg1088453#msg1088453 date=1319134408]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89957.msg1088258#msg1088258 date=1319123015]

20-4A

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well, if Nederland, Vidor and Livingston clinch then that would mean that the standings would be like this:

[table]
[tr][td][b]Team[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]W[/td][td]  [/td][td][b]L[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nederland[/td][td]    [/td][td]5[/td][td]  [/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Livingston[/td][td]    [/td][td]4[/td][td]  [/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vidor[/td][td]    [/td][td]4[/td][td]  [/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]PN-G[/td][td]    [/td][td]3[/td][td]  [/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ozen[/td][td]    [/td][td]2[/td][td]  [/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Central[/td][td]    [/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]LC-M[/td][td]    [/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Lumberton[/td][td]    [/td][td]0[/td][td]  [/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[/table]

The wildcard in your scenario for the remainder of the season would be Ozen, who if the above 3 clinch would stand at 2-3 going to Week 9.  If they split their two games (a likely scenario as they have Nederland in Week 9 and Lumberton in Week 10), PN-G loses their last 2 games (Vidor and Central) and Central wins their last 2 (Lumberton and PN-G) that would leave all 3 of those teams with a 3-4 district mark.  First tiebreaker (head to head amongst the tied teams would be a wash as all would be 1-1. 

That means you would go to point spread in those games with, I believe, an 18 point cap.  Central would have to beat PN-G by 13 or more points, which would give Central a +6 and PN-G a +5 to get that last playoff spot.

Dizzy yet?  I am!
[/quote]

OH Grad, man you got to get another hobby or more work to do....... ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder