Could Silsbee miss the playoffs

BADSANTA

The way I see it is as follows

Orange field will beat HF, BC, and HJ

WOS will beat Silsbee, HJ, and BC

BC will beat HJ, HF, lose to OF and WOS

Silsbee will beat HJ, lose to WOS, and beat HF.

Now you have WOS district champ and a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd. Doesn't it go based on head to head then points. Silsbee has score 15 and 0. Thoughts?

[quote name="Critter" post="1083342" timestamp="1318647454"]
I think you need some sleep.... BC just had a great win tonight to lead district.... there is still plenty of games left. I see the game next week being the deciding factor for district champs.
[/quote]
I see it the same way Critter.  BC just beat an outstanding team and this guy already has BC coming up on two losses.....lol.  The BC/WOS and BC/OF game will be competitive, however, at this point I would give BC the edge.

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1083357" timestamp="1318647708"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=89871.msg1083342#msg1083342 date=1318647454]
I think you need some sleep.... BC just had a great win tonight to lead district.... there is still plenty of games left. I see the game next week being the deciding factor for district champs.
[/quote]
I see it the same way Critter.  BC just beat an outstanding team and this guy already has BC coming up on two losses.....lol.  The BC/WOS and BC/OF game will be competitive, however, at this point I would give BC the edge.
[/quote]

Nope I'm up and yes BC will lose 2. Real Talk

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1083313" timestamp="1318647169"]

Now you have WOS district champ and a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd. Doesn't it go based on head to head then points. Silsbee has score 15 and 0. Thoughts?
[/quote]
This guy obviously has no clue.....he just likes to see his posts....turn off the lights this guys elevator stopped at the basement.

[quote name="venom33" post="1083550" timestamp="1318652034"]
[quote author=ATEEL07 link=topic=89871.msg1083461#msg1083461 date=1318650166]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89871.msg1083434#msg1083434 date=1318649486]
BC won't beat WOS guys
[/quote]    What makes you so sure of that
[/quote]

what makes you so sure they will beat wos?
[/quote] im not sure they will beat wish but im not gonna rule either team out like santa did it'll be a very close game I just feel BC has the slight edge

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1083313" timestamp="1318647169"]

[/quote]

Well, if the scenario plays out like you have stated (I am saying it won't) that Silsbee, BC and Orangefield end up in a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd, then it would come down to a points tie breaker.

Currently this is where the points stand with those three teams:

Silsbee +2 (8 point win, 6 point loss)
BC +6 (6 point win, yet to play Orangefield)
OF-8 (8 point loss, yet to play BC)

Silsbee (as long as they finished tied with these two teams) are a virtual lock for one of the playoff spots due to them being on the plus side of points after playing both BC and OF(+2).

Orangefield would have to beat BC by 7 or more to qualify. ( a 7 point win would give OF and BC a total of -1, with the nod going to OF with the head to head win over BC)

BC can lose to Orangefield by 6 or less and still make playoffs.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1083432" timestamp="1318649435"]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=89871.msg1083357#msg1083357 date=1318647708]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Guys, we have to claim him because he's a Silsbee alum.
But please understand there is no "Off" switch to Evilclaus's verbal dribble.  He's personality challenged and good judgment deficient. ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1083617" timestamp="1318654423"]
I really doesn't matter Silsbee goes d 1 regardless  they just need to beat Hj and hf and they are in
[/quote]

Sir, [i][b]I think Silsbee will make the playoffs[/b][/i].  But it does matter - they do have to qualify for the playoffs.  Yes, they are D1 but THAT by itself doesn't get
them into the after-season.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1083758" timestamp="1318681449"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89871.msg1083432#msg1083432 date=1318649435]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=89871.msg1083357#msg1083357 date=1318647708]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

But please understand there is no "Off" switch to Evilclaus's verbal dribble.  He's personality challenged and good judgment deficient. ;D
[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this hunt ..But I would ask to see his Silsbee citizenship papers..... :) :)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1083765" timestamp="1318682055"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=89871.msg1083758#msg1083758 date=1318681449]
[/quote]

Here you go! Remember when the bonfire was at old Walmart parking lot, remember when it moved to old Brookshire Bro lot, ate at Top Burger, ate at Dixie Queen, parents use to buy groceries from Both J&M Groceries. Good enough playa?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this hunt ..But I would ask to see his Silsbee citizenship papers..... :) :)
[/quote]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1083703" timestamp="1318663335"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89871.msg1083313#msg1083313 date=1318647169]

Thank you for being the only one with common sense on this discussion. I remember how close we were last year to not make it after the Orangefield and BC game.

[/quote]

Well, if the scenario plays out like you have stated (I am saying it won't) that Silsbee, BC and Orangefield end up in a 3 way tie for 2nd and 3rd, then it would come down to a points tie breaker.

Currently this is where the points stand with those three teams:

Silsbee +2 (8 point win, 6 point loss)
BC +6 (6 point win, yet to play Orangefield)
OF-8 (8 point loss, yet to play BC)

Silsbee (as long as they finished tied with these two teams) are a virtual lock for one of the playoff spots due to them being on the plus side of points after playing both BC and OF(+2).

Orangefield would have to beat BC by 7 or more to qualify. ( a 7 point win would give OF and BC a total of -1, with the nod going to OF with the head to head win over BC)

BC can lose to Orangefield by 6 or less and still make playoffs.
[/quote]

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1083758" timestamp="1318681449"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I have good judgment I just prefer to not use it from time to time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

why is it that bridge city brings out the best in the mustangs last year wo-s was playing fair football untell thay meet up with bridge city and look what happned ok now tell me i am out of bounds with this statement  most all the talk is about menard is he a one man team

[quote name="skipper" post="1083938" timestamp="1318695409"]
why is it that bridge city brings out the best in the mustangs last year wo-s was playing fair football untell thay meet up with bridge city and look what happned ok now tell me i am out of bounds with this statement  most all the talk is about menard is he a one man team
[/quote]
No he isnt.  He has a strong team around him.  It wasnt just Menard who won the game for BC against Silsbee.  11 guys on the field at one time.  Every play of the game BC put 11 guys out on the field. ;) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics