West Orange-Stark vs. Orangefield Game Thread/WO-S wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Kicker said (and the 19 1st half yards screams) this offense isn't working.  There is no rythm and many times the play looks like it was just ran for the first time in the game.  In the spread they seem to fair better, but still by no means a juggernaut.  I am surprised WOS had 19 in the first half....it was uglier than homemade soap.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1083356" timestamp="1318647693"]
WO-S is a very talented team I just don't know if this is the right offense to suit their skill set. Just an observation.
[/quote]

Post of the century. you are dead on!!!  Why are we forcing these kids to run an offense that doesn't work. It also discourages the defense. IMO, defense is thinking...our offense can't even get A first down so why are we out here? Come on, spread them out and we start scoring 50 points much less 19 yrds in first half or whatever it was.

ive been singing this song for a while now....this offense isnt suited for our strengths! unfortunately, they will stay with this offense REGARDLESS of the end result. the ability to admit a mistake and go with what has worked for years isnt present. its his offense, d@mn everything else.

we have a championship caliber defense with an offense that will get us embarassed 1st round of the playoffs.  jmo

CONGRATS CATS on a well played game!

[quote name="kicker" post="1083495" timestamp="1318650757"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89849.msg1083356#msg1083356 date=1318647693]
WO-S is a very talented team I just don't know if this is the right offense to suit their skill set. Just an observation.
[/quote]

Post of the century. you are dead on!!!  Why are we forcing these kids to run an offense that doesn't work. It also discourages the defense. IMO, defense is thinking...our offense can't even get A first down so why are we out here? Come on, spread them out and we start scoring 50 points much less 19 yrds in first half or whatever it was.
[/quote]

im glad you are finally realizing what ive said for weeks now! his offense has NEVER worked! the excitement of trying it out at wos was just too much to resist!

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1083532" timestamp="1318651670"]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=89849.msg1083518#msg1083518 date=1318651300]
Why is #10 on varsity.
[/quote]

The same reason they went to a slow down offense. He wouldn't be able to play at Wo-s without this type of offense.
[/quote]

He has run the spread successfully for two years in junior high and was averaging 4-5 TD's per game passing this year on Freshman team. He certainly can run either offense. But he is still a freshman. He is going to be a great player, but just give him time. He works his butt off in practice every day.

Great game Bobcats, you made believers out of me after watching the freshman and varsity games. We seem like we really don't know what offense we WANT to run on varisty. Still way to many mistakes and silly errors, like having to call a time out because someone didn't bring the kicking tee on the field for extra point. I really thought we would right the ship this week but I've got to admit the way we are playing one and done in playoffs is big possibility.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1083532" timestamp="1318651670"]
Why is #10 on varsity.
[/quote]

The same reason they went to a slow down offense. He wouldn't be able to play at Wo-s without this type of offense.
[/quote]

I was being a smart censored, put the kid in and lets see what he can do.

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="1083564" timestamp="1318652310"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=89849.msg1083532#msg1083532 date=1318651670]
Why is #10 on varsity.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was being a smart censored, but the kid in and lets see what he can do.
[/quote]

he cant do any worse than what were doing now!

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1083562" timestamp="1318652287"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=89849.msg1083532#msg1083532 date=1318651670]
Why is #10 on varsity.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He has run the spread successfully for two years in junior high and was averaging 4-5 TD's per game passing this year on Freshman team. He certainly can run either offense. But he is still a freshman. He is going to be a great player, but just give him time. He works his butt off in practice every day.

Great game Bobcats, you made believers out of me after watching the freshman and varsity games. We seem like we really don't know what offense we WANT to run on varisty. Still way to many mistakes and silly errors, like having to call a time out because someone didn't bring the kicking tee on the field for extra point. I really thought we would right the ship this week but I've got to admit the way we are playing one and done in playoffs is big possibility.
[/quote]

The speed of the game is a whole lot different on Varsity. I'm not trying to come down on the kid, but he's nowhere near good enough to be playing on varsity right now. He has potential, but he's not ready. I don't think Salter can consistently run the spread. You have to be able to run and pass...he really can't do neither. A 4.8 40 yd dash will not be good enough. It seems like this coach thought it made more sense to totally blow up this offense, an offense they have been successful with for years to keep someone at QB who isn't a QB.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1083605" timestamp="1318653875"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=89849.msg1083562#msg1083562 date=1318652287]
Why is #10 on varsity.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The speed of the game is a whole lot different on Varsity. I'm not trying to come down on the kid, but he's nowhere near good enough to be playing on varsity right now. He has potential, but he's not ready. I don't think Salter can consistently run the spread. You have to be able to run and pass...he really can't do neither. A 4.8 40 yd dash will not be good enough. It seems like this coach thought it made more sense to totally blow up this offense, an offense they have been successful with for years to keep someone at QB who isn't a QB.
[/quote]

How much time did the Freshman get on the field?

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1083605" timestamp="1318653875"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=89849.msg1083562#msg1083562 date=1318652287]
Why is #10 on varsity.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The speed of the game is a whole lot different on Varsity. I'm not trying to come down on the kid, but he's nowhere near good enough to be playing on varsity right now. He has potential, but he's not ready. I don't think Salter can consistently run the spread. You have to be able to run and pass...he really can't do neither. [b]A 4.8 40 yd dash will not be good enough[/b]. It seems like this coach thought it made more sense to totally blow up this offense, an offense they have been successful with for years to keep someone at QB who isn't a QB.
[/quote]

Former WO-S and current Lamar QB runs a 4.7 -  4.8 forty. That is fast enough at the QB position.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lama/genrel/auto_pdf/2011LiftAThonResults.pdf

What I saw last night as the number one problem for WOS was execution, they ran out of the I, the spread, wildcat and I think the pistol which none worked effectively due to poor execution. The men were in position to make the blocks on the corners but very seldom made a clean block. The interior line was leaking like a sieve when they  did pass the QB was running for his life,I saw several dropped passes one for a td. Showed alot of different sets maybe it was to confusing? I am not totally disagreeing with anything that was said earlier I just think a good team must do the little things right ,blocking is key.  Orangefield played a great game and thier game plan almost worked. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.  P.S. Let Lindsey touch the ball about 20 more times......jmo

[quote name="77" post="1083820" timestamp="1318686944"]
What I saw last night as the number one problem for WOS was execution, they ran out of the I, the spread, wildcat and I think the pistol which none worked effectively due to poor execution. The men were in position to make the blocks on the corners but very seldom made a clean block. The interior line was leaking like a sieve when they  did pass the QB was running for his life,I saw several dropped passes one for a td. Showed alot of different sets maybe it was to confusing? I am not totally disagreeing with anything that was said earlier I just think a good team must do the little things right ,blocking is key.  Orangefield played a great game and thier game plan almost worked. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.  P.S. Let Lindsey touch the ball about 20 more times......jmo
[/quote]

i wish we would focus on one offense, that plays to our strengths, and get really good at it instead of trying several and being bad at each! we did well in the spread, why that was changed lies at the feet of one!

i agree, the blocking was bad!

the winning attitude around the school is no longer there and the coach has lost his players!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder