Cleveland vs Coldsprings

If I may quote Denny Green...."They were who we thought they were"....I didn't think Cleveland had the talent or coaching scheme to keep the game respectable and it turns out they didn't...I'm sure they'll get things turned around but right now they're simply no match for Coldspring....

The only thing I didn't like about tonights game was the late hit/cheap shot on Coldspring's #75 Greg Dunham (on a extra point kick)...Hopefully it doesn't end his season as he is a very good player and was almost automatic kicking extra points...Cleveland you're better than that...You've got to take your whoopin's with a little class...No need for all the extra curricular stuff that was going on...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salt and Pepper on the crow, Coldsprings was the better team. would have like to see the attitudes stay in check, but I can't control that. Our offence just couldn't take the attack, i did see some good things from our defence, not bad for 8 sophmores. I could have done without the timeout with 4 seconds at half, we were on our heels and why so many onside kicks, yall had the game. Good luck to CS going forward.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1083529" timestamp="1318651633"]
Salt and Pepper on the crow, Coldsprings was the better team. would have like to see the attitudes stay in check, but I can't control that. Our offence just couldn't take the attack, i did see some good things from our defence, not bad for 8 sophmores. I could have done without the timeout with 4 seconds at half, we were on our heels and why so many onside kicks, yall had the game. Good luck to CS going forward.
[/quote]

I don't think the onside kick was intentional...There was a new guy kicking off after #75 Dunham was injured...I don't think he kicked off after that one...Another player (Soph) Douglas "tootie" Johnson handled the rest of the kickoffs after that one...The others were pooch kicks which Coldspring does quite often...

[quote name="jnunn" post="1082653" timestamp="1318637624"]
The Trojans have had 51 points scored against them, but only had 6 scored in the first half. The remaining points were scored after the first defensive unit had left the field, all in the 2nd half. None of their games have been close, Crockett and Hempstead moved the ball against their 2nd unit but had -0- against their 1st unit. Barbay thinks that the defense is his teams stronge point and I am going to agree. Remember they have two (not one but two) All State defensive players returned from their 14-2 State finalist team.
Just think if Sherman Gilbert played a full 4 quarter each game, to make a compairson he has 1079 yards and 21 touchdowns compared to Clevelands Tyrell Franks 1025 Yards and 12 touchdowns in 147 carries. Right behind Franks is another Trojan Colton Monroe with 801 yards and 12 touchdowns on 70 carries. That is a duo that Cleveland has to deal with tonight.
I have heard that Monroe sprain an ankle last week.
[/quote]

Yes he turned an ankle right before the first game against Kirbyville and then against Splendora had a defensive player land on the same ankle on his first carry of the game...Hopefully he'll heal up good over the next 2 weeks and be full strength the rest of the way out starting with Huffman...He's a totally different back when healthy...With both Gilbert and Monroe full strength Coldspring's running game is almost impossible to stop...

Coldspring rolls.. ALL ABOUT THE "D".. had to go to the game and i dont think cleveland had over 50 yards total offense.. Gilbert with maybe 10 to 15 touches for abour 250 yards and 5tds...BEAST. One thing about the game was the stupid penalties from Coldspring.  They continue to hurt themselves with penalties. To make constant long playoff runs u have to limit those mistakes. But good luck to the Trojans and that fan base was unreal tonight... Been around the area for about 11 years now and I like what i see brewing out of Coldspring. A defense that swarms to the football and a ground attack that can cause any d problems.  The Barbay and Morrison train are rollin 

Congrats to Clevelands D.. To be as young as they are they played a great game.I know those kids were winded going into the second half.. When your offense cant stay on the field it is hard for the D to get any rest.. AS for the late hit out of bounds on the Cleveland kid. I do belive coach Barbay and Morrison will take care of that.. I knew the emotions woulds be high with this game for both teams.. The first half was reall a great game and I really thought we was going to have a solid game.. The score doesnt show overall how the game went.. Clevelands linebackers played great.. Good luck to both teams down the strech..
I think its going to be a great game between Cleveland and liberty and think Cleveland could come out on top if Maples puts the right qb in and will dig deep into the play book.

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1083808" timestamp="1318685478"]
The first half was reall a great game and I really thought we was going to have a solid game.. The score doesnt show overall how the game went.. Clevelands linebackers played great.. Good luck to both teams down the strech..
I think its going to be a great game between Cleveland and liberty and think Cleveland could come out on top if Maples puts the right qb in and will dig deep into the play book.
[/quote]

I thought the first half of the game was outstanding.  Cleveland did a great job of holding CS.  That is the first time this year I've seen the score so low at the end of the first quarter.

You're right, the score doesn't show how the overall game was played.  There was a lot of heart on both sides of the field last night.

Congratulations to both teams.  Liberty could be in for a fight.

Were yall at the same game i was.. Coldspring fumbled the opening kickoff and had a roughing the kicker penalty, thats the only reason coldspring didnt have more in the 1st quarter.. and they did score 29 unawnsered in the second.. 37 to 0 is really not a good first half.. coldspring had something over 200 yards and less than 20 carries as a team.. i wish the best to cleveland but i didnt see that game close at all but that my be my opinion..

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1083808" timestamp="1318685478"]
[b][b]Congrats to Clevelands D[/b][/b].. [b]To be as young as they are they played a great game[/b].I know those kids were winded going into the second half.. When your offense cant stay on the field it is hard for the D to get any rest.. AS for the late hit out of bounds on the Cleveland kid. I do belive coach Barbay and Morrison will take care of that.. I knew the emotions woulds be high with this game for both teams.. The first half was reall a great game and I really thought we was going to have a solid game.. The score doesnt show overall how the game went.. Clevelands linebackers played great.. Good luck to both teams down the strech..
[/quote]
They lost 61-0! How did the D play a great game? And then against Splendora their offense was sloppy and just not good, they scored 27 on Splendora! and only 35 on Shepherd, it was 42-2 Liberty over Shepherd with 4 minutes left in the third when Liberty pulled EVERYONE. Coldspring is a very good team, but 61 points isn't a great game? You will see what Liberty's offense does to splendora and immediately change your mind. The Liberty vs Cleveland thread won't be as long when you guys see what happens.

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1084027" timestamp="1318700224"]
Were yall at the same game i was.. Coldspring fumbled the opening kickoff and had a roughing the kicker penalty, thats the only reason coldspring didnt have more in the 1st quarter.. and they did score 29 unawnsered in the second.. 37 to 0 is really not a good first half.. coldspring had something over 200 yards and less than 20 carries as a team.. i wish the best to cleveland but i didnt see that game close at all but that my be my opinion..
[/quote]

I was at the game, and I will tell you. If you will look at the game besides just being a trojan fan i think you would have seen what alot of other people seen.. Clevelan held coldspring to a punt in the first, stopped a couple 2pt conversions and held Coldspring from makiong some of the big runs in the first half like we normally see out of Gilbert. Clevelands D line and linebackers did a great job the first half. I was tired for them in the second half... So maybe go back and watch the film of the gamee and look at it in a nuteral standpoint than one sided.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1084049" timestamp="1318701869"]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=89522.msg1083808#msg1083808 date=1318685478]
[b][b]Congrats to Clevelands D[/b][/b].. [b]To be as young as they are they played a great game[/b].I know those kids were winded going into the second half.. When your offense cant stay on the field it is hard for the D to get any rest.. AS for the late hit out of bounds on the Cleveland kid. I do belive coach Barbay and Morrison will take care of that.. I knew the emotions woulds be high with this game for both teams.. The first half was reall a great game and I really thought we was going to have a solid game.. The score doesnt show overall how the game went.. Clevelands linebackers played great.. Good luck to both teams down the strech..
[/quote]
They lost 61-0! How did the D play a great game? And then against Splendora their offense was sloppy and just not good, they scored 27 on Splendora! and only 35 on Shepherd, it was 42-2 Liberty over Shepherd with 4 minutes left in the third when Liberty pulled EVERYONE. Coldspring is a very good team, but 61 points isn't a great game? You will see what Liberty's offense does to splendora and immediately change your mind. The Liberty vs Cleveland thread won't be as long when you guys see what happens.
[/quote]

What happen did Liberty get a win now they can get on here and start talking again.?.?. oh yeah and look at the 2 teams you are talking about.. Not trying to Down Shephard or Splendora but reall, you are going to go there? Lets talk about Liberty and Huffman if you want to talk about a football game. Give me a break A007.. Cant belive you want to go there

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1084060" timestamp="1318702548"]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89522.msg1084049#msg1084049 date=1318701869]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=89522.msg1083808#msg1083808 date=1318685478]
[/quote]
[/quote]

What happen did Liberty get a win now they can get on here and start talking again.?.?. oh yeah and look at the 2 teams you are talking about.. Not trying to Down Shephard or Splendora but reall, you are going to go there? Lets talk about Liberty and Huffman if you want to talk about a football game. Give me a break A007.. Cant belive you want to go there
[/quote]
Liberty got more than just 1 win, there's nothing wrong with talking about your team? LOL. That was one of the most uneducated post I have ever read, cant believe I went there? Went where? All I said was 61 points isn't a great game that a fact. And were not talking about Liberty and Huffman we are talking about Liberty vs Cleveland now. Liberty will win this football game.

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1084027" timestamp="1318700224"]
[/quote]

Yeah, I was at the same game.  CS played sloppy in the first half and Cleveland was dug in.  I'm not saying that CS didn't eventually run off with it but it wasn't the walk in the park they've been having.  (the soft field didn't help Sherman and Colton either)

I didn't see the second string on the field in the first half .... did you? 

Both of those teams played a hard game last night.  CS won and won big but it was a game CS has been needing all year long.  I think that's why CS had the mistakes and penalties they had on them.

Oh, and I'm a Trojan fan, not an Indian fan.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1084135" timestamp="1318705859"]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=89522.msg1084060#msg1084060 date=1318702548]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89522.msg1084049#msg1084049 date=1318701869]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Liberty got more than just 1 win, there's nothing wrong with talking about your team? LOL. That was one of the most uneducated post I have ever read, cant believe I went there? Went where? All I said was 61 points isn't a great game that a fact. And were not talking about Liberty and Huffman we are talking about Liberty vs Cleveland now. Liberty will win this football game.
[/quote]

BUt your the one that brought up Shephard and then Splendora, you should have threw Tarkington into the mix too, But Cleveland hasnt played them yet.. Let look at it this way, I will be at the Liberty Splendora game and I really would like to see thisa High Powered Offense that Liberty has..

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1084146" timestamp="1318706447"]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=89522.msg1084027#msg1084027 date=1318700224]
[/quote]

Yeah, I was at the same game.  CS played sloppy in the first half and Cleveland was dug in.  I'm not saying that CS didn't eventually run off with it but it wasn't the walk in the park they've been having.  (the soft field didn't help Sherman and Colton either)

I didn't see the second string on the field in the first half .... did you? 

Both of those teams played a hard game last night.  CS won and won big but it was a game CS has been needing all year long.  I think that's why CS had the mistakes and penalties they had on them.

Oh, and I'm a Trojan fan, not an Indian fan.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D..... I see you and I seen the same game... Cleveland will be alot stronger team next year and I cant wait. The Cleveland Liberty game will be a good one to watch.. I think it is 2 weeks away... Roll Tribe.

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1084192" timestamp="1318707923"]

;D ;D ;D..... I see you and I seen the same game... Cleveland will be alot stronger team next year and I cant wait. The Cleveland Liberty game will be a good one to watch.. I think it is 2 weeks away... Roll Tribe.
[/quote]

The way I saw that game last night was;  This was the first time CS's Defense was allowed to SHINE!  What a defense CS has too!!  Wow.  If it hadn't been as strong as it was the Indians would've had points on the board.  I still don't think they would have won but it definitely wouldn't have been a shut out.

CS drops the ball and Cleveland recovers on CS's 30 on the kick off and the only thing between them and that goal line was a very, very strong defense.

Jnunn said Barbay said CS's defense was our strong point and last night that was the game I saw.

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1084216" timestamp="1318709004"]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=89522.msg1084192#msg1084192 date=1318707923]

[/quote]

The way I saw that game last night was;  This was the first time CS's Defense was allowed to SHINE!  What a defense CS has too!!  Wow.  If it hadn't been as strong as it was the Indians would've had points on the board.  I still don't think they would have won but it definitely wouldn't have been a shut out.

CS drops the ball and Cleveland recovers on CS's 30 on the kick off and the only thing between them and that goal line was a very, very strong defense.

Jnunn said Barbay said CS's defense was our strong point and last night that was the game I saw.
[/quote]

the Cs D is a strong point, And a pair of great running backs on the Offense. Cs is a great football team and I am looking foward to the last few games to see how great our D will be defending the pass. I think that will tell a bunch on how the playoffs will go. Huffman will play Coldspring hard and and that will be the Hardest game Cs will play. Liberty will not be a problem at all, I know Coldspring will run trough them with know problem at all. JMO...  I'm wanting Cleveland to take the 3rd spot in our District..

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1084256" timestamp="1318710042"]
[quote author=ABNINF link=topic=89522.msg1084216#msg1084216 date=1318709004]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=89522.msg1084192#msg1084192 date=1318707923]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the Cs D is a strong point, And a pair of great running backs on the Offense. Cs is a great football team and I am looking foward to the last few games to see how great our D will be defending the pass. I think that will tell a bunch on how the playoffs will go. Huffman will play Coldspring hard and and that will be the Hardest game Cs will play. Liberty will not be a problem at all, I know Coldspring will run trough them with know problem at all. JMO...  I'm wanting Cleveland to take the 3rd spot in our District..
[/quote]
I respect your support for your team, we will cool this Liberty vs Cleveland talk down until it is time. It does not matter if Liberty beats Shepherd, Splendora and Tarkington worse than Cleveland beats them, it's all about what happens on that particular night, because Liberty handled Shepherd easily but Huffman struggled with them, and Huffman beat Liberty so with that being said I guess I change what I said previously about the Liberty vs Splendora game, because Liberty will beat Splendora and Liberty's offense will put up bigger numbers than Cleveland did against Splendora just like they put up bigger numbers against Shepherd than Cleveland did, but none of that will matter.

IMO, the score through the first quarter had more to do with Coldspring playing sloppy than it did with Cleveland playing that well...Cleveland was given a gift with the misplayed kickoff that they recovered and was able to do absolutely nothing with it...They also were given another good opportunity on a roughing the kicker penalty...

The bottom line is that they didn't do any better of a job against Coldspring than any other team really has this year unless you consider only being down 37 at half better than the 53 that Splendora was or any of the other lopsided half time scores from this year....If they had've only been down 10-14pts at halftime then I could see the whole "played them tough" argument but they were down 5 td's at half...

Gilbert probably had over 250 yds on 12 or so carries for the game and 5td's...That's not good...I know some might be looking for a silver lining but I just don't see it...You can't say you played tough or well when you give up 61 pts and get shut out in a game that everyone agrees your jacked up for and can't wait to play...

Doesn't mean Cleveland won't improve this year or next but let's be real about what happened last night...

If their goal was to keep Coldspring under 67 points, then it was a good game for them. The early first quarter penalities kept the score under 50 at the half. It is always the same players that get the same penalities but that is just them. They make up for them with plays later in the game. If the clock didn't run continuously after 5 mins in the 3rd quarter the score would have been in the eighties. Yes we ran the clock even during 5-6 mins. on ejecting players and penalities, and even after we scored the rst of the night. Cleveland is not the best defense Crockett was (a player told me), but they will beat Liberty and might beat Huffman if they can get their attitudes in check and stop stupid penalities. I think Cleveland learn some things and is better for playing Coldspring, I predict Cleveland second place over Huffman and Liberty. I'll be there hoping they beat Huffman Friday to gain respect, because only one other team in district/area is hated more than Coldspring and that was always Cleveland. Go Indians.

this is the absolute biggest pile of crap i've ever seen! how can y'all justify that Cleveland's "D" played good?? Coldspring had the ball one time in the first quarter and scored? and they were tired?? it was usually one play for 50+ yards by Gilbert. And they're plan the other night was not win the game, it was to break people's legs and try to end Coldspring's year. And if the whole second half they ran the clock even on kickoffs so take that out and Coldpsring puts up 80. Still sitting here trying to understand the whole Cleveland's D played good scenario. Oh, and the Coldpsring D is salty!!

Sherman Gilbert's 85 yard run was lightning fast! And he was lowering his shoulder and picking up extra yards too. And congrats to his older brother Justin Gilbert of Oklahoma State for the 100 yard kickoff return vs Texas. Hope they get to play together.

Coldspring's D will clearly get them back to the state championship.  I still have yet to see them but I cant wait.  Barbay is still 2-3 vs cleveland,lol...Looks like cleveland played tough for a quarter but if people are saying coldspring was playing sloppy than i guess it could of been worse.  CS is in a class by themselves and the same thing will happen to huffman and liberty.  Hopefully cleveland will play their best in the next two games. 

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1085098" timestamp="1318791010"]
Coldspring's D will clearly get them back to the state championship.  I still have yet to see them but I cant wait.  Barbay is still 2-3 vs cleveland,lol...Looks like cleveland played tough for a quarter but if people are saying coldspring was playing sloppy than i guess it could of been worse.  CS is in a class by themselves and the same thing will happen to huffman and liberty.  Hopefully cleveland will play their best in the next two games.
[/quote]
When it comes to district play Coldspring is in a class by themselves, but you can't just say in general that they are in a class by themselves or else they would have won state last year.

Thank you for seeing it the way i saw it.. Cleveland playing good on "D".. I was lost with that statement too.. Coldspring had 32 carries for almost 400 yards of rushing. Clevelands safety did do a good job of tackling low and stopping some longer runs but when your free safety #2 is making all the takles that makes for a long night. A 10 to 12 yard gain is not good defense. As young as Cleveland is on Defense and as good as they will be.. Coldspring will be right there.. RELOAD and GO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami