PNG vs Nederland poll question

football04

Should the PNG - Nederland game be played @ Lamar U.  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PNG - Nederland game be played @ Lamar U.

• YES
    • NO

IMO it is all part of the MADNESS ! Standing in line, SOLD OUT games, getting there 4 hours early to get a good seat, when you are the vistor, It would take away from the game ! I mean you know the home teams allways feel like "This is my house and you are not going to come in here and beat me!" Look at last year ! I think that had alot to do with Nederlands win!

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1068358" timestamp="1317233685"]
There is a bigger non football issue with moving the game. This year PNG will only have four home games. When a game is played at Lamar or any other stadium your groups that depend on concession money get none of it the stadium does. Many of these groups fund non football scholarships so you would take 25% of there game funds from them.
[/quote]
Good post dawgnut , I agree.

Even though LU stadium would accomodate more people, I don't think it would have the same "magic" as being played at PNG or Nederland.  MCM should stay in MidCounty. Part of the thrill and excitement is the anticipation of the game and the "scrambling" for tickets.  Best of luck to BOTH teams this year.  Can't wait!

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="1068377" timestamp="1317235187"]
Moving it away from PNG or Nederland would take away from home field advantage. I would keep it at their stadiums.
[/quote]

Your right because in a way their stadium was designed for this game . Not enough seating on the visitor side makes it that much more of an advantage

And my two cents-----there is no stadium like the Reservation to fire up our Indians.  I say that if people want tickets they could have gotten them Tuesday if not before.  Sorry for those who decide to go at the last minute. This game reflects the greatest fans of the greatest team.  If it were somewhere else, we'd have a few hundred more fans, but would Nederland? I doubt it. I suggest we play at the Reservation this year and next year we play at Lamar and do so every other year until Nederland gets a new stadium. We already have one.

The Dupont/Sun Oil/Philpott puppies lose 28-17. Don't know what your point is, but take a look at the athletic budgets of PNG and ned....ned has twice the funds, plus up until 3 years ago, ned had a booster club and PNG didn't.  Money wont determine the outcome of this game, the boys on the field will.

So what does the booster club have to do with anything? And if you didn't have one talk to the coaches and fans they are the ones responsible.  As far as benefit to the team i'm not sure how much it is, they can't donate money like they once could so it just kind of makes them a cheerleading group. As far as budgets go everyone does theirs a little different so unless you know how each school does theirs its hard to the compare.

This thread was started to get some thoughts on the game being played @ a bigger venue than Bulldog Stadium Or PNG's Stadium so more people might be able to enjoy what we call Mid County Madness, not to take more shots at each other, there is another thread for that. ndnsrock44 this was not directed at you as you made a good point, money won't decide this game, as for squaw, I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself so this does't get deleted.....

Football04..I agree. Squaw's attitude is ridiculous. I got mine, so screw everyone else. I feel fortunate to have season tickets and having tickets for mcm guaranteed every year. Not everyone's work schedules/family situations allow them to camp out at the administration building to get tickets. There would be a lot more than a couple hundred extra fans attend this game at a bigger venue. If that can't be done, move it to Thursday or Saturday night so it can be televised...Coppell vs Denton Guyer is on Fox Sports tonight, that could be us!

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1068823" timestamp="1317304485"]
Football04..I agree. Squaw's attitude is ridiculous. I got so, so screw everyone else. I feel fortunate to have season tickets and having tickets for mcm guaranteed every year. Not everyone's work schedules/family situations allow them to camp out at the administration building to get tickets. There would be a lot more than a couple hundred extra fans attend this game at a bigger venue. If that can't be done, move it to Thursday or Saturday night so it can be televised...Coppell vs Denton Guyer is on Fox Sports tonight, that could be us!
[/quote][quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=88977.msg1068825#msg1068825 date=1317304809]
That attitude is what give PNG fans a bad name.  Sad when a grow up can't act their age.
[/quote]
From this Nederland fan thank yall for your responce and good luck to all involved this friday night

I have some great friends and some wonderful family members that are Bulldogs and I don't hold it against them.  ;D  It is one thing to pick and have a good time ribbing each other but to just be mean and harsh is a total different story.  Can't wait until tomorrow.  [color=purple][size=14pt]GO INDIANS[/size][/color]

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1068928" timestamp="1317316360"]
I couldn't agree more, I have to many good friends to talk to much trash on the Indians. It doesn't stop us from putting posters on their office wall or in their front yard by no means. All in fun, and needs to be kept that way.
[/quote]

^ Yeah that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder