Woodard: Regular starters out ‘news to me’

coachacola

Can someone please explain this?  This is from Chris Dabe:

[quote]Lamar was without regular starting middle linebacker Jacody Coleman when Incarnate Word scored touchdowns the first two times it had the ball Saturday.

Coleman did not play until Incarnate Word’s third possession, after the visiting Cardinals matched Lamar for its first two scores.

Asked why Coleman, Lamar’s leading tackler with 19 through three games, did not play the first two series, Woodard said, “I don’t know. I didn’t know that. That’s news to me.”

Regular starting defensive tackle Adren Dorsey also did not play the first two series.[/quote]

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/09/23/woodard-regular-starters-out-news-to-me/

He doesn't even know when key personel are out? Maybe we should give him a break, he probably didn't know the criminal record of some of his recruits either, yea, that's it. ::)

[quote name="58SHW" post="1063448" timestamp="1316804949"]
He doesn't even know when key personel are out? Maybe we should give him a break, he probably didn't know the criminal record of some of his recruits either, yea, that's it. ::)
[/quote]

I can promise you Coach Woodard knew who was on the field and who wasn't. 58, you think Lamar is the only FCS school in the country that has 2 known players with a record. Yes, Dorsey was wrong for pushing down his girlfriend and Oden should not have got behind the wheel after drinking (he is over 21). When you say criminal record I think of things a little more serious.

I'm sure 80% of the FCS programs in the nation would have given both these young men another opportunity.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1063470" timestamp="1316805965"]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88679.msg1063448#msg1063448 date=1316804949]
[/quote]

I can promise you Coach Woodard knew who was on the field and who wasn't. 58, you think Lamar is the only FCS school in the country that has 2 known players with a record. Yes, Dorsey was wrong for pushing down his girlfriend and Oden should not have got behind the wheel after drinking (he is over 21). When you say criminal record I think of things a little more serious.

I'm sure 80% of the FCS programs in the nation would have given both these young men another opportunity.
[/quote]

Evidently 19 year olds who commit misdemeanors should NEVER be given a second chance to play football again.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1063470" timestamp="1316805965"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

360, it is just 1989 all over again.  People just throwing up reasons not to like Lamar football.  I guess they didn't learn the lessons of 20 years ago.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1063552" timestamp="1316810045"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=88679.msg1063470#msg1063470 date=1316805965]
[/quote]

[/quote]

360, it is just 1989 all over again.  People just throwing up reasons not to like Lamar football.  I guess they didn't learn the lessons of 20 years ago.
[/quote]
Grad, you right people can't be happy we have a football program they have to find some reason not to go. I'm glad we have a few Orange boys on our team!

At this point I'm not worried about the administration killing the program again but I am concerned with the stands not being full in our 2nd year of competition.

Heard Bevil is going to be at the WO-S game tonight!  ;)

[quote name="bigred360" post="1063557" timestamp="1316810647"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=88679.msg1063552#msg1063552 date=1316810045]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Grad, you right people can't be happy we have a football program they have to find some reason not to go. I'm glad we have a few Orange boys on our team!

At this point I'm not worried about the administration killing the program again but I am concerned with the stands not being full in our 2nd year of competition.

[/quote]

Well, tomorrow.  But he will probably be there.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1063561" timestamp="1316810978"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=88679.msg1063557#msg1063557 date=1316810647]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=88679.msg1063552#msg1063552 date=1316810045]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, tomorrow.  But he will probably be there.
[/quote]

Your right, they (Mustang's) play in Huntsville tomorrow. My bad. Go WO-S! BTW, Andre still has Reggie's picture in his locker. 112%.

[quote name="hipster" post="1063567" timestamp="1316811354"]
I believe Ray should have known during the game and should have noticed if he watched the film.  He is out of his league and anyone who thinks different should enjoy the results.
[/quote]

Coach, right? You think maybe these two broke a team rule and as a result they did not start the game? Coach Woodard wants to keep things "in house" and so he made that statement. Seems like a coach would understand not putting your players business in public.

[quote name="hipster" post="1063575" timestamp="1316811969"]
If he knew why did he lie?
[/quote]

Because the media around here wouldn't stop at "they broke a team rule". They would be asking what rule did they break? They would be asking coaches, texting players until they got their answer. (They media have a job to do, right) This way "lie" he doesn't have to deal with it.  Do you really believe the Head Coach didn't know the starting MLB and starting DT wasn't in the game? Really, if so I got some ocean front property to sell ya in Arizona!

I promise you Coach knew exactly who was and wasn't on the field, and why they weren't on in this case. All he is doing is keeping business private, to keep people like ya'll on this board from making a big fuss about it. If Coleman or whoever got caught drinking and he said that to the news, the public would be talking about another "thug" on the team. So he kept his mouth shut, just like I and every other coach in the country probably would have. I'm not a coach, but if I was I would've done the same thing.

[quote name="hipster" post="1063596" timestamp="1316812992"]
I know you never played college ball!
[/quote]

You are correct I never played college ball. I did play 3 years of varsity football though. My younger brother played at McNeese and was also a high school coach. Football, track and baseball one year. Funny though, that one year he was an assistant for Coach Griff at LC-M they played in the state title game versus Fort Worth Arlington Heights 4A.

So, I know a little about the game since I played from 6 years old until I was 18 and my brother that was very successful as a high school coach. Heck, Community Christian started a 6 man football program at the school this year.

You think that would have been done if he wasn't the senior pastor and school administator?

BTW, he said they never received a donation from you. Did you lie? Where is the gear you promised! LOL

Oh and one other thing, I know I make more money in my profession than you ever did as a coach.  So you played college ball = I make more money => I win. LOL

I believe Coach Woodard knew exactly who was on the field and who was not. He may not of knew right then and there (but I believe he did) but he would know 5 days later when the question was asked in his weekly press conference. ;)

IMO, he handled the question wrong. Just should have simply stated that "yes I knew" and left it at that. If he was trying to be a smart a** about it, so be it, but I don't think that's the proper way to handle these type things.

[quote name="hipster" post="1063676" timestamp="1316818083"]
Could not come through on the supplies so if that is a lie I am guilty.  Maybe I can help down the line.  AAw good post.  Man up and admit the mistake 
did
[/quote]

Thanks, and I was joking about the equipment. If you can help down the line that is great. Agree, Coach Woodard could have handled the situation better. But, I'm 100% sure he knew who was on the field to start the game defensively.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83