BUNA VS. NEWTON BROADCAST/Newton wins!

WOSgrad

The Newton Eagles begin District 10-2A-I district play as they host the Buna Cougars tonight!  The Eagles, 2-1 on the season, look to rebound from heart breaking 21-20 to Silsbee last week.  Meanwhile, the Cougars, 3-0, preserved their undefeated season last week with a 64-60 thriller over Hemphill

Join Bobby Fillyaw and Donnie Meek for all of the action from Singletary Stadium in Newton beginning with the pregame at 6:40 pm and a 7:00 pm kickoff by tuning into KTXJ 102.7 FM or by clicking on the following link:

http://setxsports.com/index.php/broadcasts/live-games/newton-eagle-football

Enjoy Newton Eagles football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Truthfully, the first half Buna matched up much better than i expected. First half was a lot of hard hitting and Buna was  pretty physical. I think they will get in the play-offs if something terrible doesn't happen. I don't think we are better than everyone else in 10 2a div 1. We have talent but way to cocky for a better than average 2a team. Good job Buna, you fought till the end. Good job Newton,the second half you  played as a team.

Newton's running back, Kevin Shorter, will probably be out for another two games . He told me last night that he should be back for homecoming. That means he misses E.C. and Woodville games.
Buna has a good team and should make the playoffs. Good luck Buna for the rest of the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder