Weekly Poll ??????

Guest ECBucFan
I'm not really into the polls, but it would be great to know the collective thoughts of the SETXSports community week by week. I think a lot of people would be very interested in it.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1062305" timestamp="1316655910"]
I think it's a good idea, but that's a lot of work for someone to pick up and do.  Not sure if anyone would volunteer for that, but I'd like to see them! 

I already figure up the percentages for the Oiler games, I'll share those numbers with you as I go.
[/quote]

I do the ones for WH too but would really like to see all the games you know kinda see how i am doing in my thought pattern in comparison to the others .. But Share Johar lol

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1062311" timestamp="1316656304"]
[quote author=Joharr73 link=topic=88624.msg1062305#msg1062305 date=1316655910]
I think it's a good idea, but that's a lot of work for someone to pick up and do.  Not sure if anyone would volunteer for that, but I'd like to see them! 

I already figure up the percentages for the Oiler games, I'll share those numbers with you as I go.
[/quote]

I do the ones for WH too but would really like to see all the games you know kinda see how i am doing in my thought pattern in comparison to the others .. But Share Johar lol
[/quote]

I'll play around with Excel and see if I can come up with a quick and easy way to calculate the picks.  No promises though!

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1062302" timestamp="1316655666"]
Wonder if there is anyway we can get a weekly percentage before the teams play on who is most favored to win... Like the Rykers page before the games are played?  Good Idea or bad??
[/quote]

I like the idea.  Should be interesting to see what everybody thinks.

Here are a couple of problems.  First, we don't have a way that would be able to automatically tally such a thing unless we have 25 different polls aside from the pick 'em thread which would require a poster to first his/her post pick 'em picks and then go to 25 other threads.  I really doubt that would happen.  Thus, that would require someone to keep constant watch over the pick 'ems to tally and calculate those percentages.  Right now, I know of no one able or willing to keep such vigil.

The second problem, which is kind of related is that we allow folks to post basically right up to kickoff.  The problem there is that anybody who would be charged with updating those percentages would be probably be at a game and would probably not able to do update those percentages remotely.  The only exception to that is me.......and....well......I get a TAD BIT busy around 7:00 p.m. on Friday nights.

If someone is willing to step up and figure those out, they are welcome to it, but it won't be me.

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1062881" timestamp="1316740094"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88624.msg1062871#msg1062871 date=1316739506]
Through 100 picks:

Silsbee is the 82% favorite to win over Jasper.
[/quote]

ok Yall that is alot of work !! Was a bad idea !!!

Ok I will go make a spreadsheet and calculate some brb
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed