Question For Nederland

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nederland Bandit
First off congrats on your win. Question....Would ya'll please let us have Larry Neumann?? He has to be one of the best.
No way!! Piratefan can be ya'lls coach. :D

• 9 months later...

You can keep Neumann..

This is the beginning of a new year and the kids have to believe in the coaching staff.Mathews has them kids believeing in them selves and then the program.

So keep neumann and we will keep what we got, and we will see what happens thisyear,,!!

ask any pirate player or fan right now and they will tell you they will keep what they got and wouldnt change it for the world!

Guest 87CRU79

New year, same crap. We all hear it every year, "Vidor is the darkhorse of the district," or "Vidor WILL make the playoffs." Good job last year sneaking up on Nederland, and I am sure yall will suprise someone else this year. But do me a solid Piratefan, keep your mouth shut until you win more than one district game, please.

New year, same crap. We all hear it every year, "Vidor is the darkhorse of the district," or "Vidor WILL make the playoffs." Good job last year sneaking up on Nederland, and I am sure yall will suprise someone else this year. But do me a solid Piratefan, keep your mouth shut until you win more than one district game, please.

Good luck against the school of the deaf and blind, or whoever Matthews scheduled for yalls weak pre-district games.

Where did that come from?????????

I hate to tell you this, but we happen to LOVE Coach Matthews.  It's not about winning year after year.  It's all about how well you play the game-which includes R-E-S-P-E-C-T and D-E-D-I-C-A-T-I-O-N.  It's been a long time since Vidor has had anyone half as decent as Matthews.  So...if we lose it hurts, but the boys know they played well and gave it their best.

If you want to ditch the Pirates go ahead, but at least do it in the privacy of your own home.  Maybe then someone will listen to your crap!

Guest 87CRU79

In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game!" Yes, dedication and respect are major aspects of football, but at the end of the day it all about the score on the board. That is something Vidor definately needs to work on.

Guest jbseballfan

I agree admin.  An athletic director supporting a baseball team?  Now, that's first class in my book.

And this Mathews debate happens every year.  Bottom line is he does the best he can with the kids he has.  I'm sure they'll lose a few but I'm just as sure they'll sneak up on at least one they aren't supposed to beat because of the tenacity of those kids.  And that was instilled in them by Mathews.  So, yes respect and determination aren't the only part of the game, but years from now, when none of these kids have had professional or collegiate football careers (regardless of what high school they attended) it's the respect and determination that will carry them throughout their lives....if the coaches did their jobs.  And I can assure you that Mathews does his.

And as far as attacking Piratefan....he didn't come on here screaming Vidor was going to be the "darkhorse" or whatever.  He only came on here to support Mathews....which is exactly what a true fan should do.

Good luck against the school of the deaf and blind, or whoever Matthews scheduled for yalls weak pre-district games.

What a jerk!

Guest bleed orange

Good post " bcjag".  A coaches role is more than just wins and loses. He teaches a young man about life. The lessons that are taught in athletics shape a young man for life in the real world. Nobody likes to lose but sometimes you have to play with the cards you are dealt. I guarantee you the kids, after they graduate won't think about the games they lost but about a coach who turned young boys into young men. I realize you can't reach every kid but most you can and coach Matthews has done a good job of that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder