Orange Community Christian vs. Texas Christian Game Thread/CCS wins!!!!!

The Lions showed they have game as they raced out to a 37-8 lead after the 1st quarter.  However, it was obvious that heat of the day wore on them as the game wore on but they gutted it out and held on for the win!  Probably because as Coach Adam Strandberg said after the game, he only has ten men, but they are ten very tough men.

Congratulations to Coach Strandberg and the Lions on winning the very first game played by Orange Community Christian!

Congratulations to the Lions.  Really looking forward to when my YellowJackets come down in a couple of weeks.  Be the closest game to go to since we don't play Evadale or Deweyville anymore.  It's a trip to get up there from Bridge City.  Hope the young man is doing well that was taken to the hospital. 

Just an update on our player....he was suffering from dehydration and heat exhaustion. It caused him to have an irregular heart beat, which is now under control. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers...it was pretty concerning there for awhile. Our boys sure did show a lot of heart today with everyone going down with cramps. Playing basically the entire second half with only 6 guys was crazy!!

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1054146" timestamp="1315681363"]
Despite only having 10 players and 9 by the end OCC defeats Texas Christian 80-71. Lions at most times had only 6 players available due to cramps in the 2nd half. OCC lead 55-34 at half. One player from the Lions was taken to the hospital due to a heart issue, no word on his condition. Hopefully just precautionary.
[/quote]

Just to update on the injured CCS player as I talked to a couple of the coaches at a birthday party and the kid has a thyroid problem which can cause heart palpitations. He is fine and back in Orange as I type.

Sounds like Stranny has this covered as he was indeed suffering from dehydration and heat exhaustion as I believe it was 97 there.

Just to brag on my cousin's son Brett Foster, I heard he played a good game for a kid who never played football before much less QB!

Thanks for all the well wishes and concern for our player. BTW, I'm not looking foward to playing Chester!!! LOL

One other thing as the birthday party was for my brother and there were a couple hundred people there. One person was LC-M ex-HC David Williams who is very close to my brother and very interested in how the CCS program is doing.

He told one of the coaches at CCS they should have the players drink supplements high in electrolyes the day before and during the game to cut down on those cramps.

Believe it or not a couple guys will be tailgating for that first home game in a couple weeks. Remember this is CCS first year and they are a 6 man program so the facilities aren't anything close to what WO-S or LC-M has.

Then the first home game is Oct 1st versus Chester at 5pm.  If you go you might want to bring a lawn chair. Seating will be limited.

Personally, I hope we really improve before playing Chester because they use to play 11 man football and were pretty darn good.

We had the boys load up on Gatorade the night before, but I learned that the sugar content of Gatorade is what was causing the cramping (according to EMT that came). LC-M coach TJ Reed told me this morning at church that they use Pedia-Lite the night before. Something to look into. But yall are right...the heart of the boys was incredible. Coming out and putting 37 points on the board in the first quarter was impressive for the first game, but the heart that they showed to finish the game under the conditions that were happening was amazing!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder