Did Cody Hussey leave lamar?????

raid07

[quote name="basketball25" post="1049432" timestamp="1315172151"]
Northoftheborder, i am just being relistic ozen and central arent well coach teams like limberton was back then!!! Hussey is to slow to play at this level and he had fumble problems last yr!!! This is a different level from div 2 and 3!!!!
[/quote]

anybody actually know his time in the 40?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1049369" timestamp="1315163857"]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=87670.msg1049190#msg1049190 date=1315146949]
Yes, he was a good hs rb but playing at the d1 level is a totally different level and the speed of the game is way different!!! Hussey was to slow to play at this level, great kid and great hs back but at this level speed kills and that was his downfall!!!! I hope he gets his degree and comes a great hs coach somewhere!!
[/quote]

Yeah he was real slow, had 50+ Td runs agains Central and Ozen and a 70 yard td agains LaMarque.  Kid just had no speed at all!!! ;D
[/quote]

He lost his job so he quit.  Quitting isn't what he should have done.  High school speed vs college speed is totally different.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1049423" timestamp="1315170856"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87670.msg1049378#msg1049378 date=1315164728]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=87670.msg1049369#msg1049369 date=1315163857]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=87670.msg1049190#msg1049190 date=1315146949]
Yes, he was a good hs rb but playing at the d1 level is a totally different level and the speed of the game is way different!!! Hussey was to slow to play at this level, great kid and great hs back but at this level speed kills and that was his downfall!!!! I hope he gets his degree and comes a great hs coach somewhere!!

If hes all that go elsewhere and tear it up. This is not pop Warner.
[/quote]

Yeah he was real slow, had 50+ Td runs agains Central and Ozen and a 70 yard td agains LaMarque.  Kid just had no speed at all!!! ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that Central/Ozen/LaMarque are Pop Warner caliber programs.
[/quote]

Hussey was a product of his system.  Run, run and more run.  3 good years for the Raiders and now they are back where they are use to...

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1049374" timestamp="1315164230"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=87670.msg1049369#msg1049369 date=1315163857]
[/quote]

[/quote]
With all due respect (and I am a Hussey fan)...Big difference between High School and College sports.  Woodard put out there who he thought was best after hours, days, weeks and months of evaluation.  Where I come from, if you lose your spot, then you work your butt off to get it back!
[/quote]
Right on the money Smash Mouth.  You have coaches that are making decisions to keep their JOBS.  They are not out there to play favorites. I know everything is nice here at Lamar but some (OK most) of the coaches want to move up.  If you don't put the best players out on the field you only move to the unemployment line.  You can't show the coaches you deserve to play when your not there.

So in which capacity are you a part of this Smashmouth? I highly doubt your a relative?
  Personally I think Hussey is a Good back! Maybe not the fastest but speed isn't everything. Put a kid out there with Carl Lewis speed and no Vision, agility, or physical toughness and you don't have a good back!!

Guest baseball25
Raider88, Divison 1 level and high school sports is totally different!!alot of kids can't hack it at that level and they they don't have the want too to compete for a spot!! They want it handed to them, Hussey was the guy in HS but when you have 6 more all-staters on the team that is just as good that means you have to be mentally tough and battle your way into a starting spot and it seems to me that hussey didn't do that!!!! If hussey was a div 1 athlete coming out of HS he would have went divison 1 but he didn't go to div 1 for a reason!!! Hussey is a great kid and was a great rb at the high school level but he wasn't a great rb at the college level!!! not hating on hussey but some kids can't hack it at this level!!! Also you should know what it takes to compete and what type of athlete it takes to play at this level because you were one of those special speedsters in high school and also a great athlete!!!

Guest baseball25
juco is at a different level than d2 and 3s and also those kids that went the juco route is because of grades so they go to  juco first to get there associate degree and then they can go to any div 1 school they want too.

[quote name="Raider88" post="1049885" timestamp="1315239780"]
So in which capacity are you a part of this Smashmouth? I highly doubt your a relative?
  Personally I think Hussey is a Good back! Maybe not the fastest but speed isn't everything. Put a kid out there with Carl Lewis speed and no Vision, agility, or physical toughness and you don't have a good back!!
[/quote]If he is as good as you say and Iam in no way downing this young man, he can go play someplace else and do a fine job. Maybe its just not a good fit for him at Lamar.jmo

[quote name="beechnut" post="1049211" timestamp="1315149336"]
[quote author=Raider88 link=topic=87670.msg1049156#msg1049156 date=1315144129]
I don't think he is tired of Football.  Maybe the way he was treated?
[/quote]

Well real world and college sports is a business and you get paid to win. I'm sure Coach W has a bit better clue as to whats up than you.
[/quote]

I love how all you people just go along with what Woodard does, no questions asked.  You are a bunch of sheep.  If you think speed is all that matters in football your really have no clue about the sport.  Some of the best running backs weren't fast.  I wonder why carl lewis and what's his name bolt aren't playing football?  Why was Emmitt Smith so good?  Backs are stereotyped and too often not given a fair chance...just like quarterbacks and too many other positions in sports.  The question is do they get the job done or not?  Wasn't Zach Thomas too slow and little?  Wes Welker too little?  I could go on and on and on.  The speed of the game was too much...oh give me a damn break.

[quote name="cardinal" post="1051069" timestamp="1315363699"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87670.msg1049211#msg1049211 date=1315149336]
[quote author=Raider88 link=topic=87670.msg1049156#msg1049156 date=1315144129]
I don't think he is tired of Football.  Maybe the way he was treated?
[/quote]

Well real world and college sports is a business and you get paid to win. I'm sure Coach W has a bit better clue as to whats up than you.
[/quote]

I love how all you people just go along with what Woodard does, no questions asked.  You are a bunch of sheep.  If you think speed is all that matters in football your really have no clue about the sport.  Some of the best running backs weren't fast.  I wonder why carl lewis and what's his name bolt aren't playing football?  Why was Emmitt Smith so good?  Backs are stereotyped and too often not given a fair chance...just like quarterbacks and too many other positions in sports.  The question is do they get the job done or not?  Wasn't Zach Thomas too slow and little?  Wes Welker too little?  I could go on and on and on.  The speed of the game was too much...oh give me a dang break.
[/quote]

Lamar rushing touchdown total in 2010 (whose schedule included such powers as Webber International and Langston College) - 1

Lamar rushing touchdown total in 2011 - 6

I kind think Woodard might have found the right guys for the Lamar rushing attack.  I like Cody and his style and have since he was at Lumberton.  He probably would have been a contributor had he stayed on the team at Lamar......but he didn't.  Good luck to him and wherever he goes as I think he can contribute to some team somewhere if he chooses to do so. 

However, to castigate Coach Woodard and make him the villain in this is sheer lunacy.  He has to make decisions based upon his observation.  And believe me, he has put in a lot more observation than anyone on this board.  So, yes, I will trust his judgment as to who should and should not be on the field at any particular time.  He is in this to win this folks, not to placate all of our desires to see our local high school heroes out there.  This is the point where we have to put aside our local high school allegiances and support our local college team.  Otherwise, the house will fall once again.  If that makes me a "sheep,"  then BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Improvements in the O-line coupled with the weakest opponent LU has played yet was also a very beg contributor to six rushing TD's in that game.  That said, Garrett (which he is from your alma mater so say what you will, he is your guy, and if Logan or Venson start over him as the season progresses you will inwardly feel he is being slighted even if you publicly say otherwise) is a proven commodity, Venson is not.  Just have to wait and see how this plays out.  I am very dissappointed that Cody quit.  Not what I would have wanted to see him do.  His decision.  I personally don't think he should have been on the scout team, my opinion.  What is worse (my opinion) is how Doug Prewitt is being handled.  The kid showed a lot of moxy and leadership in the last three games of the season.  It looks as if Woodard take now is "thanks for baling us out of a season that could have ended disastrously last year, now sit down shut up and if I need you again I will call.  I have prettier ladies I want to date now".  JMHO!!!!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1051391" timestamp="1315419694"]
Improvements in the O-line coupled with the weakest opponent LU has played yet was also a very beg contributor to six rushing TD's in that game.  That said, Garrett (which he is from your alma mater so say what you will, he is your guy, and if Logan or Venson start over him as the season progresses you will inwardly feel he is being slighted even if you publicly say otherwise) is a proven commodity, Venson is not.  Just have to wait and see how this plays out.  I am very dissappointed that Cody quit.  Not what I would have wanted to see him do.  His decision.  I personally don't think he should have been on the scout team, my opinion.  What is worse (my opinion) is how Doug Prewitt is being handled.  The kid showed a lot of moxy and leadership in the last three games of the season.  It looks as if Woodard take now is "thanks for baling us out of a season that could have ended disastrously last year, now sit down shut up and if I need you again I will call.  I prettier ladies I want to date now".  JMHO!!!!
[/quote]

Boy, NOTB, how about those telekinetic powers that are able to reach in my brain and gauge what I am thinking?  I am impressed!  NOT!  Whether it is Garrett, Logan or Venson at RB or Bevil, Prewitt or Johnson at QB, there is only one thing that matters to me, is Lamar winning.  If they are taking care of business, then whomever Coach Woodard decides to play is okay by me.  So I guess you need to retune your ESP, it is a little off.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    assfff
    Newest Member
    assfff