Port Neches-Groves vs. Crosby Game Thread/Crosby wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Crosby pretty much ran it down their throats tonight. Didn't attempt more than 15 passes. PN-G is pretty dang physical so it was pleasantly surprising how the Cougars just kept pounding the rock.

You say PNG wasn't soft and then ya'll turn around and say that you ran it down the NDNS throat. Last week ya'll got blown out by Montgomery. I will give some credit to Crosby for playing hard, but I do think PNG D is played soft as well from what I heard on the radio. PNG couldn't stop Crosby in the second half.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1048271" timestamp="1315023980"]
You say PNG wasn't soft and then ya'll turn around and say that you ran it down the NDNS throat. Last week ya'll got blown out by Montgomery. I will give some credit to Crosby for playing hard, but I do think PNG D is played soft as well from what I heard on the radio. PNG couldn't stop Crosby in the second half.
[/quote]
PN-G is physical, but Crosby was more physical. 360+ yards on 50 carries qualifies for running it down anyone's throat.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1048282" timestamp="1315024449"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=87649.msg1048271#msg1048271 date=1315023980]
[/quote]
PN-G is physical, but Crosby was more physical. 360+ yards on 50 carries qualifies for running it down anyone's throat.
[/quote]
I don't disagree with you, but if a defense gives up 360 yards on the ground then I say thier soft period. If Crosby was so stout then why couldn't they hang last week with a good team like Montgomery. I said tonight was a combination of Crosby playing good and PNG D being soft. Congrats on the win.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1048286" timestamp="1315024682"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=87649.msg1048282#msg1048282 date=1315024449]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=87649.msg1048271#msg1048271 date=1315023980]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I don't disagree with you, but if a defense gives up 360 yards on the ground then I say thier soft period. If Crosby was so stout then why couldn't they hang last week with a good team like Montgomery. I said tonight was a combination of Crosby playing good and PNG D being soft. Congrats on the win.
[/quote]

1 word. Turnovers. 3 in a row followed by 3 straight td's and anyone gets buried. If your fascinated with calling UR defense soft, by all means go ahead. I know the Cougs where putting hats on hats and ran the ball well. Just enough passes to force PNG to not stack the box with 9.

Crosby had 5 or 6 turnovers last week and was down 35-0. Then by end of 3rd qtr or so it was 42-28. Montgomery beat the hell out of a really solid 5A Spring team tonight.

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1048415" timestamp="1315054425"]
Crosby wore away uni's because last years seniors stole the home jerseys & the new ones haven't come in.
[/quote]
Every other year they get new jerseys and it alternates. New Homes this year, Aways next year. After two years of using them, they get ripped up, etc. Not buying the story about all of them getting stolen. Don't some teams let seniors keep their outgoing jersey, if new ones are being ordered?

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1048469" timestamp="1315059098"]
[quote author=kf89 link=topic=87649.msg1048468#msg1048468 date=1315058964]
is bertrand healthy?kid was hard to stop last yr.
[/quote]
Not sure, but I was at the first game and he wasn't running like he did last year.
[/quote]

Alot of that had to do with him having huge holes to run through last year. Its not as easy when you have to work for it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder