West Sabine vs. Hemphill Game Thread/Hemphill wins!

WOSgrad

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="football" post="1048278" timestamp="1315024362"]
Is this score on the scoreboard correct?
[/quote]

77-56 I believe.

Hemphill school record was broken tonight. Justin Twine had over 500 rushing yards with several touchdowns.

[quote name="greenhornet" post="1048296" timestamp="1315024944"]
[quote author=football link=topic=87634.msg1048278#msg1048278 date=1315024362]
Is this score on the scoreboard correct?
[/quote]

77-56 I believe.

Hemphill school record was broken tonight. Justin Twine had over 500 rushing yards with several touchdowns.
[/quote]

Where was the defense???

David Smoak via Twitter

Just spoke with Hemphill Coach Ken Stanley, his So. RB Justin Twine, OFFICIAL, 21-carries, 534-yards rushing, 6-TD's, second highest single-game rushing yards in Texas HISTORY, http://bit.ly/qgRUdY. He also completed 2-3 passes for 53-yards and 1-TD in 77-56 win against West Sabine.

I was at this game and I believe it was the best performance I have ever seen by an athlete high school, college or pro. That kid is lightning in a bottle. If they could just get another option on offense to take the pressure off him Hemphill would go far! The only thing that will keep him out of the playoffs is his team's defense.

Guest wssgrad
I know everybody's happy about Twine, but that's all hemphill had. West Sabine was down 29 to zero and still came back and was down by 5 points. That's not good if you ask me. Anyway, there was no scoreboard that night. The game lasted way too long. Hemphill set it up that way, along with the horrible officiating. Yes, there were a lot of bad calls!!!! West Sabine's defense did not show up and that's the only reason they lost. Hemphill could not stop their offense.

That is so true about the officiating, and the time being kept on the field was a joke! Think we played pro length quarters!!!!!!!! The defense will show up this week, and as for our clock, the last time I seen it it was working! Got people from SA talkin smack about how we can't stop one man! They forget how many times they fumbled last year(10) and they got most of the same players back! We will see Friday night...........

With the clock not working and such bad officiating as has been said, it's a wonder that Twine didn't have 1,000 yards rushing that night.  What do the Hemphill fans have to say about the officiating...as bad as was stated?  Really doen't matter..game over..move on to this week and try to get better on defense...both teams sure need it...

I work in Hemphill, and believe me they were chirping about the 18 penalties for 160 yards they got all last weekend. The officiating was horrible on both sides, and I got to see it field level. An example: WS QB fakes to the RB, and the back judge follows the RB and whistles him down, which under normal circumstances would be ok, but the WS QB still had the ball running up the right sideline! Guess it was an awesome fake on WS QB's part, eh? The refs were just HIGHLY incompetent, not malicious, however. You're right about moving on because both teams may have their hands full as WS takes on a rejuvenated San Augustine squad in Pineland and Hemphill travels to Joaquin to battle the Rams and their vaunted Wing-T offense(which, if run right, is awful tough to defend). Good luck to both teams!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124