WOSgrad a quick question about a WO-S player

In your write-up about WO-S you mention a DB named Quinton Tezeno. Is this the son of one of the players back in the mid 80's who was a All-State safety, helping WO-S to the 4A state championship with players like Kevin Smith?

After reading the write-up, WO-S is more talented than I thought.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1031229" timestamp="1312415191"]
In your write-up about WO-S you mention a DB named Quinton Tezeno. Is this the son of one of the players back in the mid 80's who was a All-State safety, helping WO-S to the 4A state championship with players like Kevin Smith?

After reading the write-up, WO-S is more talented than I thought.

[/quote]

I believe it is.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1031321" timestamp="1312426005"]
Hard to say right now. He's just a Jr this yr and has not played varsity yet. We will know in a few weeks. Huge person to be compared to though... LOL
[/quote]

Yea, his dad was one heck of a football player and very physical. Not fair to compare the two because his dad was a special player.  I was just surprise by the name being mentioned by WOSgrad and not hearing anything about him before now.

Not sure about his play, but I saw him a few times last year at practices. He is twice the size that his dad was. If he has the ability and dedication that his father had then watch out! There are many kids of the 80's players that are in the WOS system now. Only time will tell if they can live up to their surname.

[quote name="kicker" post="1031498" timestamp="1312480170"]
He is twice the size that his dad was.[/quote]

... ??? you are supposed to drink the 12 pack AFTER you go to practice... ;D He isn't any bigger than Quinton. He has decent size, about like his dad.

[quote name="kicker" post="1031498" timestamp="1312480170"]
Not sure about his play, but I saw him a few times last year at practices. He is twice the size that his dad was. If he has the ability and dedication that his father had then watch out! There are many kids of the 80's players that are in the WOS system now. Only time will tell if they can live up to their surname.
[/quote]

Nah, he's not twice the size of his dad. Maybe a little taller, but he doesn't have the muscles his dad had yet.

Zeno was a freak of nature and one might argue that he was the most physically talented player on the team while he was there and one of the most physically talented to ever go through the program. If he had had half of the intangibles of the other half of that defensive backfield, he would have gone even farther, and that is saying a lot.

[quote name="Judex" post="1031939" timestamp="1312583467"]
Zeno was a freak of nature and one might argue that he was the most physically talented player on the team while he was there and one of the most physically talented to ever go through the program. If he had had half of the intangibles of the other half of that defensive backfield, he would have gone even farther, and that is saying a lot.
[/quote]

I believe there were some off the field issues that cut short his college career or he might have gone just as far as the "other half of that defensive backfield."

He, IMO had the intangibles and was tougher than the other defensive back for WO-S at that time.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1031945" timestamp="1312584013"]
[quote author=Judex link=topic=86288.msg1031939#msg1031939 date=1312583467]
[/quote]

I believe there were some off the field issues that cut short his college career or he might have gone just as far as the "other half of that defensive backfield."

He, IMO had the intangibles and was tougher than the other defensive back for WO-S at that time.
[/quote]

the intangibles that i was talking about are the things that would have kept him clear of the various issues that interrupted what should have been an NFL career ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83