Who should your team schedule for pre-district after RE-ALIGNMENT?

1. PNG- It's always fun to play the Indians.  They are usually a pretty good team, and it's always a great atmosphere.  Maybe @ Reliant again, like it was in 05'.

2. La Marque- The name pretty much speaks for it's self.  Always a very athletic team, that is respected for their success.  Think region 3 final in 05'...  One of the best games I've seen.  Were 2-1 all time vs La Marque.  (Lost in 93', Won in 02' & 05')

3. PA Memorial- To shut Scooter up!  :D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1023531" timestamp="1310262733"]
1. PNG- It's always fun to play the Indians.  They are usually a pretty good team, and it's always a great atmosphere.  Maybe @ Reliant again, like it was in 05'.

2. La Marque- The name pretty much speaks for it's self.  Always a very athletic team, that is respected for their success.  Think region 3 final in 05'...  One of the best games I've seen.  Were 2-1 all time vs La Marque.  (Lost in 93', Won in 02' & 05')

[b]3. PA Memorial- To shut Scooter up!  :D[/b]
[/quote]We would beat the Cubs and get free ice cream for a year  :D

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1023540" timestamp="1310266309"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85593.msg1023531#msg1023531 date=1310262733]

[/quote]We would beat the Cubs and get free ice cream for a year  :D
[/quote]

I think it was PNG who had a similar idea in the playoffs 2 years ago...
"When we beat Brenham, they should name an ice cream flavor after us"

We saw how that turned out...
The only names for a flavor I could come up with after the game were, "Last of the Mohiccans" (commemorating the ending of the Indian's season) or "Purple Rain" (after the tears that were being shed while the purple faithful left with the last few ticks on the board, to the Brenham crowd chanting, "Na na na na... na na na na...  Hey hey hey, Goodbye!")
(Sorry Indian faithful, I couldn't resist...  Just a little preseason humor) ;) :D ;D

We'll show you 5A boys how to play football! ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1023543" timestamp="1310267386"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85593.msg1023540#msg1023540 date=1310266309]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85593.msg1023531#msg1023531 date=1310262733]

[/quote]

The only names for a flavor I could come up with after the game were, "Last of the Mohiccans" (commemorating the ending of the Indian's season) or "Purple Rain" (after the tears that were being shed while the purple faithful left with the last few ticks on the board, to the Brenham crowd chanting, "Na na na na... na na na na...  Hey hey hey, Goodbye!")
(Sorry Indian faithful, I couldn't resist...  Just a little preseason humor) ;) :D ;D

[b]We'll show you 5A boys how to play football![/b] ;D
[/quote]like Kingwood Park showed yall how to win a playoff game last year?  ;D

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1023545" timestamp="1310267813"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85593.msg1023543#msg1023543 date=1310267386]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85593.msg1023540#msg1023540 date=1310266309]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something like that.  Maybe we can apply what we learned last year, this season.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1023548" timestamp="1310268119"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85593.msg1023545#msg1023545 date=1310267813]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85593.msg1023543#msg1023543 date=1310267386]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something like that.  Maybe we can apply what we learned last year, this season.
[/quote] ;D much respect, would love to see the Titans whip yall sir  8)

I think you have to keep in mind possible playoff match-ups D1 / D2. I dont like playin a team that you could see in the playoffs. In DAY case (D2) you need play some teams that go D1. HUM / BMT CNT / FW are some teams that will more than likely go D1 most of the times and would make great games. I do like playin  5A teams (even though it didnt go well last year) but would rather see stronger 4A match-ups. ;D

Scrimmage - LaMarque- We already scrimmage them every year.  They are a great team so what other way to gage your team than against them...  Plus payback from 2006.. ;D

West Brook - Keep the rivalry going...  Good for the playets, fans, and comunity.  Plus, you an never go wrong against stiff 5a competition.

Dayton - All I have to say is that we have not forgotten!  ;)

Frienswood - One of the better coached teams that we've played. Plus payback.  Our Boys will be up for it.  No better way to go into the bye week before district than with an emotional hype!

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1023626" timestamp="1310329591"]
[quote author=Bobcatfan4life link=topic=85593.msg1023605#msg1023605 date=1310322540]
Orangefield:

Buna
Hardin
Newton
Vidor
LC-M
[/quote]i could see O'Field being 4-1 after that schedule
[/quote]

No way!  2-3 is the best they could do from that lineup!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1023702" timestamp="1310356370"]
Scooter, if I remember correctly we eliminated PA in 2001.
Brenham 38
PA Lincoln 30
[/quote]i was at that game, you know good and well Lincoln should have won that game. 2 dropped WIDE OPEN TD passes cost the Bees. Cubs were clearly out-matched speed wise. Calvin Roberts had his best game as far as passing the rock, i think he had like 350 yds passing that game. Yall had that big-bruiser of a RB running the peel, wonder where yall recruited him from.  :D Yall secondary was getting torched all night long but Lincoln kept dropping the rock. I was looking forward to a Lincoln vs. Jasper match-up that year.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1023757" timestamp="1310396223"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=85593.msg1023747#msg1023747 date=1310394675]
I would like us to step up to some 5A games. West Brook, PAM, and then maybe a 4A matchup with Montgomery or even a weaker 5A like Oak Ridge.
[/quote]Y'all already play Memorial in scrimmages.
[/quote]scrimmages are not the real game. but you cant tell that to Weak Brooke, they will bring out the cheerleaders and band for a scrimmage.  ::)

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1023791" timestamp="1310403065"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85593.msg1023702#msg1023702 date=1310356370]
Brenham 38
PA Lincoln 30
[/quote]i was at that game, you know good and well Lincoln should have won that game. 2 dropped WIDE OPEN TD passes cost the Bees. Cubs were clearly out-matched speed wise. Calvin Roberts had his best game as far as passing the rock, i think he had like 350 yds passing that game. Yall had that big-bruiser of a RB running the peel, wonder where yall recruited him from.  :D Yall secondary was getting torched all night long but Lincoln kept dropping the rock. I was looking forward to a Lincoln vs. Jasper match-up that year.
[/quote]

Lol.  Good times...  I was a junior that year, and have to give it up to the PA speed.  I was burned a couple of times myself, but it was like we were in their heads.  Time after time, incompletion after incompletion...  When it was all said and done, you saw who came away with the win! ;D We had a pretty good WR (Limas Sweed), but PA was no slouch.  The next year we played in the state championship game, so there was some talent on that team.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1023588" timestamp="1310315899"]
Scrimmage - LaMarque- We already scrimmage them every year.  They are a great team so what other way to gage your team than against them...  Plus payback from 2006.. ;D

West Brook - Keep the rivalry going...  Good for the playets, fans, and comunity.  Plus, you an never go wrong against stiff 5a competition.

Dayton - All I have to say is that we have not forgotten!   ;)

Frienswood - One of the better coached teams that we've played. Plus payback.  Our Boys will be up for it.  No better way to go into the bye week before district than with an emotional hype!
[/quote]

I totally agree.  My only difference would be if Dayton were to be back in our district then I wouldn't mind seeing Houston Yates, Barbers Hill, WO-S or Little Elm where Stowers went to.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1023808" timestamp="1310406938"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85593.msg1023588#msg1023588 date=1310315899]

Dayton - All I have to say is that we have not forgotten!   ;)

[/quote]

I totally agree.  My only difference would be if Dayton were to be back in our district then I wouldn't mind seeing Houston Yates, Barbers Hill, WO-S or Little Elm where Stowers went to.

[/quote]No Yates.  They are who they are...  one of those Houston ISD teams.  Enough said.  The Ant Mound?  That's a waste of a game.  :D :D .  Ok, I'll roll with WO-S and Maybe even Little Elm (distance may be a factor). 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1023806" timestamp="1310406166"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85593.msg1023791#msg1023791 date=1310403065]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85593.msg1023702#msg1023702 date=1310356370]
Brenham 38
PA Lincoln 30
[/quote]i was at that game, you know good and well Lincoln should have won that game. 2 dropped WIDE OPEN TD passes cost the Bees. Cubs were clearly out-matched speed wise. Calvin Roberts had his best game as far as passing the rock, i think he had like 350 yds passing that game. Yall had that big-bruiser of a RB running the peel, wonder where yall recruited him from.  :D Yall secondary was getting torched all night long but Lincoln kept dropping the rock. I was looking forward to a Lincoln vs. Jasper match-up that year.
[/quote]

Lol.  Good times...  I was a junior that year, and have to give it up to the PA speed.  I was burned a couple of times myself, but it was like we were in their heads.  Time after time, incompletion after incompletion...  When it was all said and done, you saw who came away with the win! ;D We had a pretty good WR (Limas Sweed), but PA was no slouch.  The next year we played in the state championship game, so there was some talent on that team.
[/quote]I thought Sweed was going to be the difference in the game, then came that darn bowling ball of a RB. his YAC (yards after contact) had to be close to 5 yds per touch.  :o took 3 or more players to take him down every time he touched the rock.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369