How Many Teams Do You Feel Should Make Playoffs?

KFDM COOP

How May Teams Should Go To The Playoffs?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How May Teams Should Go To The Playoffs?

• Every Team In District

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

3 is a good number. In some districts the 3rd place teams are better than alot of district champs in other districts. We want our local districts to go as far as they can, whatever team it is. It is to our local advantage to let as many of our kids in the playoffs as we can. Flood the market. :)

I agree! I like 3 or 4 actually. The UIL will eventually go to 4.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...now lets think about this...In football each team only plays a team in their district only 1 time....in basketball/baseball they get atleast two chances to prove against the other team what they got. Therefore,in football, the third place team may of had a couple players that have failed but regained a chance to play. Also, there may of been a couple players hurt when they played some teams. But they dont get a second chance to play a team again, unless in the playoffs. Therefore 3 teams is a good amount.

I like it as it is at 3 teams. In local districts sometimes 3 teams are fairly close and each should get a chance at the play-offs. This year WOS won district. Kirbyville and Silsbee were both good and deserved to go as the 2nd and 3rd teams in the play-offs. I wouldn't mind seeing a super state champ with a game between the two state champions but that probably will never happen.

2 teams are enough.

3 is watered down with teams that weren't good enough to come in 1st or 2nd now you are rewarded for 3rd place, its stupid.

I know how you feel.  I used to think three teams were too many, until Jasper finished third in district, then made it to the state finals.  ;D

Now, I don't care.  After the first round most of the weak teams are gone anyway.  And by the end of the second round, if they are still around maybe they deserve to be there.  :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder