HJ Reloading !

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044851" timestamp="1314724633"]
Well for about the 5th time....Have you seen the thread on here entitled "the rich keeps getting richer"? It talks about the fact that Silsbee is receiving a new transfer..However, I read another thread entitled, "Houston Yates keeps on recr....er receiving transfers" (something like that) that suggests that the Houston school is recruiting kids to go there. I was just poking fun, I dont have a horse in the race, just thought it was pretty funny....and BIASED!  ;D
[/quote]

These days, you don't have a horse in any race. ;)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044858" timestamp="1314724888"]
@Aggiesarewe....I am not real sure where you are going with your posts...can you clarify? I don't mean to offend by calling you biased.  Just not real sure where you are going with your posts about "happenings" and such. ???

?????? Maybe I am missing something here.
[/quote]

Don't kid a kidder. You know EXACTLY what I am talking about. ;)

"Living the dream!" ;D

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044817" timestamp="1314722563"]
Dont know about that Mr. AggiesAreWe....If you truly knew about the situation in the Houston area, you would not make broad generalizations about how the Yates HS kids are being "recruited" to the school...and the bias is obvious when it comes to your beloved Silsbee and its "transfers"....Mr. stevenash, I was also being sarcastic (extremely) in saying that Sour Lake was a hot spot of any sort....However when you guys get your "transfers", it does cause one to wonder why would anyone "transfer" TO Sour Lake, Texas.....BUT you guys find it impossible for a kid in the Houston area to WANT to attend Houston Yates HS...They REALLY ARE a magnet school for communications, as stated earlier...While I do not agree with all the high school kids transferring, I can't help but notice the obvious bias when it comes to certain schools in this area when it comes to the topic...On one hand its the "rich getting richer" but on the other its recruiting....which one is it? I guess it depends on where you live and who you root for...I guess.
[/quote]
Why would anyone "transfer" to Sour Lake??    How about virtually no crime and a high performing school district.  Who in their right mind would want to move to the Yates district. Have you ever been to the neighborhoods nears Yates or for that matter most in Beaumont. Not the safest place for your kid to be around, just saying from experience!!

[quote name="hj15" post="1044881" timestamp="1314726279"]
[quote author=Jay Bilas link=topic=85458.msg1044817#msg1044817 date=1314722563]
Dont know about that Mr. AggiesAreWe....If you truly knew about the situation in the Houston area, you would not make broad generalizations about how the Yates HS kids are being "recruited" to the school...and the bias is obvious when it comes to your beloved Silsbee and its "transfers"....Mr. stevenash, I was also being sarcastic (extremely) in saying that Sour Lake was a hot spot of any sort....However when you guys get your "transfers", it does cause one to wonder why would anyone "transfer" TO Sour Lake, Texas.....BUT you guys find it impossible for a kid in the Houston area to WANT to attend Houston Yates HS...They REALLY ARE a magnet school for communications, as stated earlier...While I do not agree with all the high school kids transferring, I can't help but notice the obvious bias when it comes to certain schools in this area when it comes to the topic...On one hand its the "rich getting richer" but on the other its recruiting....which one is it? I guess it depends on where you live and who you root for...I guess.
[/quote]
Why would anyone "transfer" to Sour Lake??    How about virtually no crime and a high performing school district.  Who in their right mind would want to move to the Yates district.[b] Have you ever been to the neighborhoods nears Yates or for that matter most in Beaumont[/b]. Not the safest place for your kid to be around, just saying from experience!!
[/quote]

Well, in Jay Bilas (WY) case, yes he has. from the day he was born. ;) ;D

Not intending to down your area, but my point was what is actually in Sour Lake that would make a family up and move there from somewhere else. You have answered that question. And so do they usually just happen to have a son that can play ball, too? usually? I am sure Sour Lake is a fine place to live.

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044890" timestamp="1314726734"]
Not intending to down your area, but my point was what is actually in Sour Lake that would make a family up and move there from somewhere else. You have answered that question. And so do they usually just happen to have a son that can play ball, too? usually? I am sure Sour Lake is a fine place to live.
[/quote]

NO - very few move ins in Sour Lake who have good basketball players.( in fact, I have been watching this program since 1984 and this is the first one I can think of that has a chance to make a substantial impact even though  he is not likely to start- is it that way at Yates?)  Little Dribblers program is a good one and develops the overwhelming majority of those who play at Hardin Jefferson- ( i think that is the way it is supposed to be done and, if it was that way everywhere, HJs basketball history might be even better than it currently is)

That is the BEST way IMO (little dribblers) to build a program in ANY area. I am not sure how they do it at Houston Yates, but in Kingwood, that is the reason for the success that they have had there. What makes it hard on them is the fact that they have built Kingwood Park and Atascosita High Schools, which are in essence, splitting the kids up.  As far as the inner city programs, such as Yates, I don't think they have such a thing. One major advantage that I see you guys having at Hardin Jefferson is the fact that you get ALL of the kids that you are supposed to get..That makes a big difference.

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044915" timestamp="1314727858"]
That is the BEST way IMO (little dribblers) to build a program in ANY area. I am not sure how they do it at Houston Yates, but in Kingwood, that is the reason for the success that they have had there. What makes it hard on them is the fact that they have built Kingwood Park and Atascosita High Schools, which are in essence, splitting the kids up.  As far as the inner city programs, such as Yates, I don't think they have such a thing. One major advantage that I see you guys having at Hardin Jefferson is the fact that you get ALL of the kids that you are supposed to get..That makes a big difference.
[/quote]

Oh, yes a big difference.  there are around 240 males in the entire school.  How does that compare to the numbers at the two you mentioned?

Thus the reason for building the two other Kingwood schools!!  ;D  Kingwood High has a total population of around 4700 students. Kingwood Park around 2200, and Atascocita somewhere near 3000....Last I remember..I could be off by a few, but the fact is, Kingwood High would have been even better had they not built those other 2 schools and left half of the kids at Humble High...240 males? I didnt know it was that few. Thats small for class 3A! Are you guys close to 2A numbers as far as overall attendance goes? Have they ever considered moving down to 2A? You guys have basketball tradition and do great in 3A, but what about that other sports? Do THEY want to move down?

I have no idea if there is a desire to move down.  Football team has been sub-par for some time.  Basketball program(girls and boys) is definitely the flagship.  School has multiple state championships in golf.  My point was that, when you take into consideration the student numbers, the basketball program is a truly effective one and, most of the time, without the benefit of move ins.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1044966" timestamp="1314730509"]
Hmmm.. 240 males at HJ High School. Yet another reason to attend HJ. There are 100 more females than there are males!!

Enrollment  586

male pop. 240

If I am a teenage boy, I like that ratio! ;D
[/quote]

If I could be a teenage boy, I would accept any ratio.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1044999" timestamp="1314732006"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85458.msg1044966#msg1044966 date=1314730509]
Hmmm.. 240 males at HJ High School. Yet another reason to attend HJ. There are 100 more females than there are males!!

Enrollment  586

male pop. 240

If I am a teenage boy, I like that ratio! ;D
[/quote]

If I could be a teenage boy, I would accept any ratio.
[/quote]Your ratio should still be good now. Quality may be a little down to choose from, thats all.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1045010" timestamp="1314732683"]
ooops! forgot to put my  ;D You never know what middle aged woman is  reading this stuff
[/quote]

Based upon what the "sensitivity police" are spewing on the other board, I want to cry foul and claim that I have been belittled, disrespected, and treated without civility.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1045019" timestamp="1314733269"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1045010#msg1045010 date=1314732683]
ooops! forgot to put my  ;D You never know what middle aged woman is  reading this stuff
[/quote]

Based upon what the "sensitivity police" are spewing on the other board, I want to cry foul and claim that I have been belittled, disrespected, and treated without civility.
[/quote]

and I thought adding that political forum would help matters. ::)

BTW, that forum may be going away, hearing the owner ain't too fond of whats going on over there. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder