HJ Reloading !

Absolutely....Sour Lake is the new hot spot.... ::)..great night life, terrific economy, great neighborhoods and schools..and ONE STOP LIGHT!!! LOL.... 8)....Avoidance of the question, however, speaks volumes as to the position of the members of this message board when it comes to the issue of kids transferring schools...If it happens at one of your schools in YOUR area (HJ, Silsbee, Kountze etc.) everything is above board and legal...If it happens in an area that we are unfamiliar with (Nederland, Ozen, Houston area schools, etc), it HAD to be some foul play going on...Is my assumption accurate? It certainly APPEARS that it is...Correct me if I am wrong, please... ::)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1044696" timestamp="1314714681"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1044136#msg1044136 date=1314649426]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=85458.msg1044078#msg1044078 date=1314644361]
I also enjoyed watching him Nash, solid player....streaky three point too...how long till basketball starts...I cant wait..
[/quote]yEP, he's a streaky shooter. But he will definitely help the program out there I must admit.
[/quote]

Dove- its looks pretty bad for you to be agreeing with me on such topics!!!
[/quote]Yep, before you know Nash I'll be demanding mandatory urine test for all democrats ;D

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044724" timestamp="1314716313"]
Absolutely....Sour Lake is the new hot spot.... ::)..great night life, terrific economy, great neighborhoods and schools..and ONE STOP LIGHT!!! LOL.... 8)....Avoidance of the question, however, speaks volumes as to the position of the members of this message board when it comes to the issue of kids transferring schools...If it happens at one of your schools in YOUR area (HJ, Silsbee, Kountze etc.) everything is above board and legal...If it happens in an area that we are unfamiliar with (Nederland, Ozen, Houston area schools, etc), it HAD to be some foul play going on...Is my assumption accurate? It certainly APPEARS that it is...Correct me if I am wrong, please... ::)
[/quote] :o

[/quote]

You are wrong, your assumption is wrong.

I am very familiar with Nederland, Ozen and Houston schools. ;) ;D

[/quote]

While I will not evaluate your "assumption" I will tell you that HJ operates under an open enrollment policy- Perhaps that might provide you with insight and serve as an aid in  your subsequent assumption/conclusion.  While you are making your "assumption" I would suggest that my post that was joking about the social life in Sour Lake is hardly an avoidance of your question.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1044750" timestamp="1314718030"]
[quote author=Jay Bilas link=topic=85458.msg1044724#msg1044724 date=1314716313]
[/quote]

[/quote]Are you gonna broadcast any Ozen games. I'll be your [color=purple]*color*[/color] commentator

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1044752" timestamp="1314718142"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85458.msg1044750#msg1044750 date=1314718030]
[/quote]

[/quote]Are you gonna broadcast any Ozen games. I'll be your [color=purple]*color*[/color] commentator
[/quote]

Dove is an outstanding commentator ( just as long as there is a conveniently located ATM)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1044752" timestamp="1314718142"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85458.msg1044750#msg1044750 date=1314718030]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sure I'll be doing a couple of games of theirs this coming season.

Are you stating that both your sons will be playing varsity this year?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1044756" timestamp="1314718289"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1044752#msg1044752 date=1314718142]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sure I'll be doing a couple of games of theirs this coming season.

Are you stating that both your sons will be playing varsity this year?
[/quote]UIL & the court system might have to make that decision ;)  :-X

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1044742" timestamp="1314717582"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1044696#msg1044696 date=1314714681]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=85458.msg1044078#msg1044078 date=1314644361]
I also enjoyed watching him Nash, solid player....streaky three point too...how long till basketball starts...I cant wait..
[/quote]yEP, he's a streaky shooter. But he will definitely help the program out there I must admit.
[/quote]

[/quote]Yep, before you know Nash I'll be demanding mandatory urine test for all democrats ;D
[/quote]

Tests for Democrats?  I thought it was already established that they were not involved in those sort of activities?  Dont they spend most of their time making sure the environment is protected and that the "rich" don't stay that way?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1044770" timestamp="1314718928"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1044742#msg1044742 date=1314717582]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1044696#msg1044696 date=1314714681]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Tests for Democrats?  I thought it was already established that they were not involved in those sort of activities?  Dont they spend most of their time making sure the environment is protected and that the "rich" don't stay that way?
[/quote] Dems being pushed to the edge. Need some kind of stress reliever

[quote name="stevenash" post="1044784" timestamp="1314719354"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1044779#msg1044779 date=1314719249]
ooops! There go me and Nash off-topic again.
[/quote]

Don't worry about it- the subject and behavior police will quickly respond.
[/quote]True dat!

Dont know about that Mr. AggiesAreWe....If you truly knew about the situation in the Houston area, you would not make broad generalizations about how the Yates HS kids are being "recruited" to the school...and the bias is obvious when it comes to your beloved Silsbee and its "transfers"....Mr. stevenash, I was also being sarcastic (extremely) in saying that Sour Lake was a hot spot of any sort....However when you guys get your "transfers", it does cause one to wonder why would anyone "transfer" TO Sour Lake, Texas.....BUT you guys find it impossible for a kid in the Houston area to WANT to attend Houston Yates HS...They REALLY ARE a magnet school for communications, as stated earlier...While I do not agree with all the high school kids transferring, I can't help but notice the obvious bias when it comes to certain schools in this area when it comes to the topic...On one hand its the "rich getting richer" but on the other its recruiting....which one is it? I guess it depends on where you live and who you root for...I guess.

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044817" timestamp="1314722563"]
Dont know about that Mr. AggiesAreWe....If you truly knew about the situation in the Houston area, you would not make broad generalizations about how the Yates HS kids are being "recruited" to the school...and the bias is obvious when it comes to your beloved Silsbee and its "transfers"....Mr. stevenash, I was also being sarcastic (extremely) in saying that Sour Lake was a hot spot of any sort....However when you guys get your "transfers", it does cause one to wonder why would anyone "transfer" TO Sour Lake, Texas.....BUT you guys find it impossible for a kid in the Houston area to WANT to attend Houston Yates HS...They REALLY ARE a magnet school for communications, as stated earlier...While I do not agree with all the high school kids transferring, I can't help but notice the obvious bias when it comes to certain schools in this area when it comes to the topic...On one hand its the "rich getting richer" but on the other its recruiting....which one is it? I guess it depends on where you live and who you root for...I guess.
[/quote]

Hmmm..... this is starting to sound very familiar to me. ;)

The ......... is very revealing. ;)

Enjoy your visit while it lasts. ::)

What? I don't understand. Does this mean you have been accused of being biased before? I am in no way trying to ruffle any feathers, just calling it as I have observed.  Am I right? Its called one thing for you guys and another for the other guys. I'm just saying...

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044822" timestamp="1314723047"]
What? I don't understand. Does this mean you have been accused of being biased before? I am in no way trying to ruffle any feathers, just calling it as I have observed.  Am I right? Its called one thing for you guys and another for the other guys. I'm just saying...
[/quote]

My last post has nothing to do with what you said, but who said it. ;)

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044828" timestamp="1314723483"]
Oh, I am in no way claiming to be an expert or anything like that...Just like good message board chatter from time to time..I am harmless! 8)
[/quote]

No expert huh? I guess some recent "happenings" in your life has made you humble. ;)

Huh? I have always been a pretty humble guy. Not sure about any "happenings" in my life, but yeah I guess you can still say that I am a humble guy...I still see there is no response to my earlier question, though, my friend!  Its OK to be a little biased towards your school or city! ;D

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044836" timestamp="1314724076"]
Huh? I have always been a pretty humble guy. Not sure about any "happenings" in my life, but yeah I guess you can still say that I am a humble guy...I still see there is no response to my earlier question, though, my friend!  Its OK to be a little biased towards your school or city! ;D
[/quote]

Biased?  In the eyes of whom?

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044836" timestamp="1314724076"]
[/quote]

Not sure about "happenings"? ::)

Okay, I'll let this go a bit longer. ;) ;D

Well for about the 5th time....Have you seen the thread on here entitled "the rich keeps getting richer"? It talks about the fact that Silsbee is receiving a new transfer..However, I read another thread entitled, "Houston Yates keeps on recr....er receiving transfers" (something like that) that suggests that the Houston school is recruiting kids to go there. I was just poking fun, I dont have a horse in the race, just thought it was pretty funny....and BIASED!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder