Best Coaching Staff?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1022028" timestamp="1309609308"]
The Brenham coaching staff ain't too bad.  ;)
Most of our coaching staff is from Brownwood, and played for and won championships under legendary coach Gordon Wood.
[/quote]

They obviously have one of the top 3 programs in the state in my opinion. They are dominant in almost every state. Not only do they usually win district, but they are a threat to go to state in at least 5 sports (Football, Volleyball, Boys Soccer, Baseball, and Softball). I don't know about the others...but I would consider them SETX :)

I do love their program though.

Guest beechnut
We all know you have to have talent to win but some of games are won and lost by Coaching. It will be interesting to watch happens in Ennis in the coming years. Texas High Norton has a good staff and does a good job. Not much of a Katy fan but Joseph must do a good job beause the record speaks for itself. What really speaks volumes is for a staff that not only knows xs and os but for the kids after they move on. Good topic.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1022033" timestamp="1309613904"]
We all know you have to have talent to win but some of games are won and lost by Coaching. It will be interesting to watch happens in Ennis in the coming years. Texas High Norton has a good staff and does a good job. Not much of a Katy fan but Joseph must do a good job beause the record speaks for itself. What really speaks volumes is for a staff that not only knows xs and os but for the kids after they move on. Good topic.
[/quote]

I'm not a big fan of Katy either, but i have to agree.  They do have a very solid coaching staff.  One of my friends live a couple houses down from Joseph, so I've talked to him a couple times.  He's very humble man, who obviously knows what he's doing.

Guest trigger21
[quote name="Rizon" post="1021980" timestamp="1309576266"]
Things are dead during the summer so I thought this would be fun. Name top 3 or 5.

If you don't have something good to say about a school or staff, then please...don't say it.
[/quote]

Humble with Coach B.

Guest trigger21
[quote name="incognito" post="1022075" timestamp="1309640023"]
Coach Eric Taylor, East Dillon Lions!!!   ;) ;) .......but rumors are that he's going to leave East Dillon  :'(

[/quote]
???

[quote name="Rizon" post="1022032" timestamp="1309613323"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85389.msg1022028#msg1022028 date=1309609308]
Most of our coaching staff is from Brownwood, and played for and won championships under legendary coach Gordon Wood.
[/quote]

They obviously have one of the top 3 programs in the state in my opinion. They are dominant in almost every state. Not only do they usually win district, but they are a threat to go to state in at least 5 sports (Football, Volleyball, Boys Soccer, Baseball, and Softball). I don't know about the others...but I would consider them SETX :)

[/quote]I have to give it up for Brenham--they are very good across the board. They prove a school can compete in multiple sports at a very high level.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1022343" timestamp="1309870008"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=85389.msg1022032#msg1022032 date=1309613323]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85389.msg1022028#msg1022028 date=1309609308]
[/quote]

[/quote]I have to give it up for Brenham--they are very good across the board. They prove a school can compete in multiple sports at a very high level.
[/quote]you got that right. !!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...
In my experience, the best coaches are not the ones with the most wins but the ones with the most respect. West Hardin's Coaching staff is new but have earned the respect of the students as well as the parents. Jason Henry and his staff have taken on many roles this past year; Mentors, Coaches, Friends and Teacher.  So proud of the West Hardin Organization .  ;D

PNG and Nederland  Central and Livingston with the losses of Dan Hooks and Barbay as well as Kirbyvilles head coach and Daytons head coach I now have to remove them from the conversation untill there replacements prove to be good enough to be on this list.  My out of towner picks would be Brenham or FRIendswood. Good luck to all

[quote name="D3zii" post="1026840" timestamp="1311250543"]
P.N.G hands down in my opinion.

But my favorite Staff was the coaching staff from 07 when Central lost to Brenham in the 2nd round
under Stowers.
[/quote]That wasn't '07.  We missed the playoffs in '07.  Remember, tthat was the team led by Derrick Hall and little Brother Charlie Thomas (now at Texas A&M).  The '05 team (hurrican Rita season) won district championship and lost in the second round to Brenham (led by that blue chipper QB).

Guest octfeb
[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1025078" timestamp="1310762133"]
In my experience, [b]the best coaches are not the ones with the most wins but the ones with the most respect.[/b] West Hardin's Coaching staff is new but have earned the respect of the students as well as the parents. Jason Henry and his staff have taken on many roles this past year; Mentors, Coaches, Friends and Teacher.  So proud of the West Hardin Organization .  ;D
[/quote] That is the best statement. You have the respect of the team, school, parents, and community. That's what makes a great coaching staff. Winning is the icing on the cake.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder