The Finals/ Mavs Win!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great series by the Mavs. I don't usually say anything about coaching, but Carlisle coached circles around Spolstra. During the 2nd period when LeBron was on the bench and the Heat went on a 14-0 run they were hustling their butts off. LeBron comes in and the hustle changed. It seemed to me everything Carlisle did all series worked and very little that Spolstra did worked. JMO.

I know this might not be popular but I hear a lot of people say the Heat need a "true" point. I disagree. They need a big body down low. I rebounder and shot blocker. Not necessarily a scorer. I don't know when Oden's contract is up in Portland, but he might be worth the risk. I know he can never stay healthy but I just think they need someone like that. Maybe they can trade Bosh and about 15 other guys to get Howard...lol.

The Mavs showed what a TEAM looks like during these playoffs.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1018139" timestamp="1307934054"]
[img]http://oi53.tinypic.com/69ggmh.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

There's enough blame to go around and there's just too much ego in that line up.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1017663" timestamp="1307728858"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=84591.msg1017621#msg1017621 date=1307718987]
:D ::) This is going 7 games.. Sorry to disappoint you both
[/quote]Ok.  If that's how you feel.  I believe that Miami's heart was ripped out of their chest and they don't have what it takes to push this to 7 games.  Dallas wraps this thing up in 6, IMO.
[/quote]<clears throat>

Dallas' bench was the key once again.  Berea and Terry were key in this game.  Dirk  had a bad 3 quarters, but Dirk got key rest at the end of the 3rd and kept a lead with Terry and Berea keeping the pressure on the Heat.  The Mavs also went to a 3-2 zone in the second quarter that took the Heat a while to figure out.  Dallas went away from it and then went back to it again in the 4th.  The Heat then acted brand new to it again.  (poor coaching by Spolstra).  

The Heat, however, did try some adjustments of their own.  They started Chalmers over Bibby (he should have been starting the entire playoffs so he could get more experience.  The Heat also stood tall when I thought Dallas would blow this game open early.  Also, Lebron did start off attacking aggressively (don't know why he stopped late in the game passing up on open shots).  This Heat team is good and I believe they may win it next year.  The big 3 will be together for a couple more years.  

[quote name="True Blue" post="1017879" timestamp="1307821610"]
I dont know who is going to win game 7 but as much money as the NBA is lossing , it it definatly going all 7. The heat has the most talented players , but does not look like the best team at this point. all[b]The Mavs have gotten [/b]  [b]the calls to go in their favor so far[/b], but just cant see that continuing. Calls seem to always find a way of equaling out in a 7 game series.
[/quote]33 Heat FTA in game 6 to 18 FTA for Dallas.  Not sure which way the calls went but it wasn't in the Mavs favor!  The Heat is for sure the most talented team in the NBA but they will have to figure out a way to "jell" togehter.  Back yard ball won't win the big one!

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="1018228" timestamp="1307983136"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=84591.msg1017879#msg1017879 date=1307821610]
I dont know who is going to win game 7 but as much money as the NBA is lossing , it it definatly going all 7. The heat has the most talented players , but does not look like the best team at this point. all[b]The Mavs have gotten [/b]  [b]the calls to go in their favor so far[/b], but just cant see that continuing. Calls seem to always find a way of equaling out in a 7 game series.
[/quote]33 Heat FTA in game 6 to 18 FTA for Dallas.  Not sure which way the calls went but it wasn't in the Mavs favor!  The Heat is for sure the most talented team in the NBA but they will have to figure out a way to "jell" togehter.  Back yard ball won't win the big one!
[/quote] Like I said The calls allways seem to even out in a 7 game series, and that happen last night. Just the Heat did not take adavantage of the calles. I still think that a 7' player should not relia on a fade away. And if you notice in the last two game he did not. He finish both games , taking the ball to the rack. He won game 5 by driving. Unlike game 4 with the fade away. But the league is changing and there is not a domating centers now. Its all power forwards and guards.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1018229" timestamp="1307984263"]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=84591.msg1018228#msg1018228 date=1307983136]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=84591.msg1017879#msg1017879 date=1307821610]
[/quote] Like I said The calls allways seem to even out in a 7 game series, and that happen last night. Just the Heat did not take adavantage of the calles. I still think that a 7' player should not relia on a fade away. And if you notice in the last two game he did not. He finish both games , taking the ball to the rack. He won game 5 by driving. Unlike game 4 with the fade away. But the league is changing and there is not a domating centers now. Its all power forwards and guards.
[/quote]Your logic makes no sense. That fall away jumper wielded his team through these playoffs, beat a very good Trail Blazer team, Crushed the 'then' defending world champion Lakers like a can, outlasted a hungry heat team, and whipped this 'superiorly talented Heat team in 6 games.  He relied heavily on that fall away jumper that seems to have worked in ALL these playoff games exept the game he was sick (I believe it was game 3) and in game 6 (they didn't need him that much as that was the title winning game). 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder