The Finals/ Mavs Win!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="True Blue" post="1016690" timestamp="1307330201"]
7'4 and shoting fade aways. What a packer. The Mavs will soon fade away also.
[/quote]

If you were watching no way he was getting to the rim. He is also virtually unblockable when he fades away. He is the best fade away shooter in the game today and possibly top 3 in history. When he fades away and has a great look like he had, it's just a matter or not if he happens to make that shot. You just hold your breath as a defense.

Good win by the heat.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1016804" timestamp="1307389469"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=84591.msg1016690#msg1016690 date=1307330201]
7'4 and shoting fade aways. What a packer. The Mavs will soon fade away also.
[/quote]

If you were watching no way he was getting to the rim. He is also virtually unblockable when he fades away. He is the best fade away shooter in the game today and possibly top 3 in history. When he fades away and has a great look like he had, it's just a matter or not if he happens to make that shot. You just hold your breath as a defense.

Good win by the heat.
[/quote] Why would anyone 7'4 have to shoot a fade away??? Unless he is scared to make contact ??? Just like the first time they lost to the heat, the game plain is to knock him down a few times and he starts chocking ??? Typical Europen player, soft and weak inside. Have you ever seen anyone over 7 foot ever have to shoot a fade away??

[quote name="king" post="1017143" timestamp="1307497971"]
True blue where you been. You gonna be here to support your cowboys this season?
[/quote] you bet cant wait to see the boys in Blue go down again. I see Romo got a ring this summer , Thats the only way he ll ever get one ;D ;D

[quote]Why would anyone 7'4 have to shoot a fade away??? Unless he is scared to make contact  Just like the first time they lost to the heat, the game plain is to knock him down a few times and he starts chocking  Typical Europen player, soft and weak inside. Have you ever seen anyone over 7 foot ever have to shoot a fade away??[/quote]

Why if you were 7'0 foot and had the talent would you not shoot fad-a-ways? It gives you more versatility. He can dominate from 14 foot out or right at the rim. Let me rephrase your question. Have you ever seen a 7 footer in the league today have the ability to do it as effective as Dirk can?

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="1017154" timestamp="1307500279"]
[quote]Why would anyone 7'4 have to shoot a fade away??? Unless he is scared to make contact  Just like the first time they lost to the heat, the game plain is to knock him down a few times and he starts chocking  Typical Europen player, soft and weak inside. Have you ever seen anyone over 7 foot ever have to shoot a fade away??[/quote]

Why if you were 7'0 foot and had the talent would you not shoot fad-a-ways? It gives you more versatility. He can dominate from 14 foot out or right at the rim. Let me rephrase your question. Have you ever seen a 7 footer in the league today have the ability to do it as effective as Dirk can?
[/quote] Why would anyone over 7' have to shoot a fade away, unless hes one of those White Men that cant jump, Or is it that he avoides contact at all cost?? But you are right he does have great skill for a 7 footer but the game is won in the paint, and he cant play there ??? ::)

You know, that have been my argument about Dirk since he's been in the league.  'he's a 7 footer and shoots fall away jumpers on short people when he can just rise up over them'.  After seeing him this season and post season, I JUST NOW can appreciate what he can do.  You know the old saying, 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'.  this applies to Dirk.  If you see him play, it's like he's playing 'horse'.  Those shots are undefensable.  He do it with ease, he consistantly makes the shot AND he's consistant doing it in this post season.  Forget about years past, it's about 'what have you done for me lately', which is showing RESULTS.  Also, on top of that, Dirk is not a big softy like I've thought in the past.  When he got angry and took a technical foul by pushing one of the Laker's players around, I realized that Dirk may also now be an ENFORCER, which is needed to shed his 'softy' roll.  There are not many good 7 footers in the league now, but I have to say Dirk, IMO, may be in the top 3 nowadays.  And THAT'S saying a lot comming from me.

He has to shoot fall aways against other 7 footers. So that is what he spends countless hours practicing. So why would he change his shot if a 6'8" guy is on him? He makes a higher percentage of fade away one legged jumpers then 96% of the players in the world make while uncontested. Its part of his game that is completely unguardable no matter who is guarding him or the situation.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1017187" timestamp="1307534919"]
He has to shoot fall aways against other 7 footers. So that is what he spends countless hours practicing. So why would he change his shot if a 6'8" guy is on him? He makes a higher percentage of fade away one legged jumpers then 96% of the players in the world make while uncontested. Its part of his game that is completely unguardable no matter who is guarding him or the situation.
[/quote]Preach!

[quote]Why would anyone over 7' have to shoot a fade away, unless hes one of those White Men that cant jump, Or is it that he avoides contact at all cost?? But you are right he does have great skill for a 7 footer but the game is won in the paint, and [b]he cant play there  [/b] [/quote]

Are you kidding? He cant play in the paint? Go look up his stats. He can just about play from where ever he wants too.

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1017281" timestamp="1307570686"]
I thought i was watching the Cleveland vs. Boston game from last year. LeBron flat out QUIT! period. He can't handle the pressure of a big game.
[/quote]

lebron isn't mentally tough enough, which is why he should never be in the same sentence as Jordan!!!

I bet LeBron goes off with 30 points and close to a triple double, then people on ESPN can go make a big deal about something else.. Point is he played a unaggressive and uninvolved.. Anybody wanna go against what I say for next game in Dallas? Something was wrong, but no one looked into it like they did for Dirk, who yet again has to have something wrong with him.. Jesus, I have never seen a bigger set-up of excuses for a team if they lose this series than what has happened for Dallas..

Want a realistic opinion here? Miami will win this series now because they have home court that cannot be taken away AND if Dallas fans or Heat Haters are hoping for another 15 point collapse then they need to find something else to watch because Miami wont lose at home

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1017327" timestamp="1307586427"]
I bet LeBron goes off with 30 points and close to a triple double, then people on ESPN can go make a big deal about something else.. Point is he played a unaggressive and uninvolved.. Anybody wanna go against what I say for next game in Dallas? Something was wrong, but no one looked into it like they did for Dirk, who yet again has to have something wrong with him.. Jesus, I have never seen a bigger set-up of excuses for a team if they lose this series than what has happened for Dallas..

Want a realistic opinion here? Miami will win this series now because they have home court that cannot be taken away AND if Dallas fans or Heat Haters are hoping for another 15 point collapse then they need to find something else to watch because Miami wont lose at home
[/quote]Mavs already beat Miami in Miami so it can happen again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami