Burkeville commin back

I had made a remark earlier in the year about burkeville on the downfall....but i seem to have been mistaken. They have 40 plus kids in the Spring workouts right now, they have a new head football coach WHO KNOWS his stuff. Hes fairly young just came out of SHSU was the starting TE, i honestly look for Burkeville to take home the dist. title next year. Good luck guys from the C/O 11

Have things settled with the school. All we seemed to hear earlier this year is about staff reductions. I was concerned that the school might be on the verge of merging with one or more of the area districts.

Glad to hear that things sound like they are getting better for the Mustangs!

Things are definately looking up in Burkeville. Coaching change has been needed for years. The mustangs will have a hugh line next year. Burkeville needs more kids so they can develope their JV and JH programs. The new coach should be a good one. Good luck.
P.S. Burkeville recently received a letter from the state declaring them chapter 41. Wow, that is because we do not have enough students (i think their is more property value than we have kids).

It is my honest opinion that indeed the Mustangs will be better next year,,not good, but better. However, they are losing speed like has been well put in these very forums. From what I am told by associates, I would not be surprised if the district receeds athletes to other schools. Many parents and students are very infuriated with the way things are being handled and would rather have their children depart. That is what I am hearing. But, I am only an outside observer.

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1012730" timestamp="1305861865"]
What do you mean ''not good''? We only lost 3 games last year, made the playoffs, sounds like a good team to me
[/quote]
Lost 3 games but look at the scores of them 3.
Katy Faithwest-39-6
Evadale-42-12
Deweyville-46-6
Bartlett-52-8....(playoffs)
WAS NOT GOOD, but was better than the last 3years.

Maby they can play that Christian school from Beaumont 3 or 4 times this year instead of twice like they did last year. Even the teams that beat Burkeville bad last year were not real good playoff teams.
Lets face it, you don't get better by lowering your standards.

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="1012826" timestamp="1305904798"]
[quote author=u_dnt_kno_me link=topic=84379.msg1012730#msg1012730 date=1305861865]
What do you mean ''not good''? We only lost 3 games last year, made the playoffs, sounds like a good team to me
[/quote]
Katy Faithwest-39-6
Evadale-42-12
Deweyville-46-6
[/quote]
ok then lets see Katy 4A TAPPS very big school, Evadale we played terrible 2nd half, but real good 1st if you remember the score up to then??, Dewyville 2A school, And bartlett yea we played horrible...but every team we played against was a bigger school than us buy over 100 kids and the christian school we played purple went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs so we wasnt lowering anything

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1012836" timestamp="1305906664"]
Maby they can play that Christian school from Beaumont 3 or 4 times this year instead of twice like they did last year. Even the teams that beat Burkeville bad last year were not real good playoff teams.
[/quote]
O and heres some stats..Katy Faith 3 rounds, Evadale Semi-finals, Bartlett 2 rounds but played a great game, so the teams arnt as horrific as your making them out to be

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1012985" timestamp="1305937383"]
[quote author=Sportz-Fanatic link=topic=84379.msg1012826#msg1012826 date=1305904798]
[quote author=u_dnt_kno_me link=topic=84379.msg1012730#msg1012730 date=1305861865]
[/quote]
Katy Faithwest-39-6
Evadale-42-12
Deweyville-46-6
[/quote]
ok then lets see Katy 4A TAPPS very big school, Evadale we played terrible 2nd half, but real good 1st if you remember the score up to then??, Dewyville 2A school, And bartlett yea we played horrible...but every team we played against was a bigger school than us buy over 100 kids and the christian school we played purple went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs so we wasnt lowering anything
[/quote]
You may want to check your facts. Katy Faith West is a very small div III TAPPS school. They are not much bigger than any of the 1A div II schools. There is no such thing as 4A TAPPS.

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1012987" timestamp="1305937634"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=84379.msg1012836#msg1012836 date=1305906664]
[/quote]
O and heres some stats..Katy Faith 3 rounds, Evadale Semi-finals, Bartlett 2 rounds but played a great game, so the teams arnt as horrific as your making them out to be
[/quote]
The teams we did beat were not good at all, High Island would have been better with #20, but Sabine pass and the 2 Christian Schools (Legacy and Tyler) were not good either. Burkeville is still in rebuilding years and will be for awhile. ;)

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1013459" timestamp="1306116738"]
I agree to an extent...were comming out of the rebiulding years just watch burkevilles comming back to where we use to be
[/quote]
Burkeville has a long standing tradition of football excellence, maybe Dustin Dziuk is the man to help get them back to the glory yrs. of 86 and 01

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami