Weather related games

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1009203" timestamp="1305212352"]
Doesn't look good for tonights games. Could throw a kink in pitching rotations.

Indians have Game 1 under their belt.
[/quote]

And if this rain continues, that could be HUGE!

Games have to be "certified" by midnight Saturday and this rain could force alot of 3 gamers to go to 1 game.

[/quote]

I can see 3 game series turn to just 1 gamers.

Be very surprised to see any games played tonight without a delay or total cancellation.

Guest Ranger83
(h) POST SEASON PLAYOFFS.
(1) Playoffs. Playoffs may be single elimination or two-out-of-three from bi-district to state. If
neither method is mutually agreeable, a coin flip shall determine play-off format.
(2) Two-out-of-Three Series. If schools play a two-out-of-three elimination series, the first (and
only the first) game may be played prior to Friday, provided there is no loss of school time
traveling to or participating in the game. Games 2 and/or 3 shall not be played until Friday.
[size=12pt][b]If one game is played and a second game cannot be played because of weather, then the
winner of the one game advances to the next round. If two games are played (and split) and
the third game cannot be played on Saturday because of weather conditions, the third and
deciding game should be played on Monday of the next week.[/b][/size](3) State Tournament. All conferences will be single elimination at the state tournament.
(4) Disputes. In case there is a dispute regarding a neutral or home site or time of a game it
shall be settled by the flip of a coin. See Section 1208 (q).
(5) Day of Playoff Game. Baseball playoff games shall not be played before Wednesday of that
week unless by mutual consent.
(6) Gate Receipts From State Tournament. The UIL office retains an annually determined
percentage of gate receipts from the state baseball tournament.

[/quote]
The forecast currently shows rain tonight through Friday morning. If Nederland's game is cancelled tonight, would it be possible to play 1 game Friday and a double-header Saturday (if needed)?.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1009286" timestamp="1305218986"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=84174.msg1009203#msg1009203 date=1305212352]

[/quote]
The forecast currently shows rain tonight through Friday morning. If Nederland's game is cancelled tonight, would it be possible to play 1 game Friday and a double-header Saturday (if needed)?.
[/quote]

Certainly they could.  In fact, it is probably the "Plan B" for many of those who have 3 game series scheduled starting tonight.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1009314" timestamp="1305221789"]
They are saying the rain should hit the Houston area around 4 pm (possibly earlier).  I'll be one of the first to get rain so I'll post whenever we get it.
[/quote]

Sure hope they call it before everyone leaves for Houston.

Radar does not look good:  http://www.ktrh.com/pages/weather.html

Guest Ranger83
That radar image reminds me of the tidal wave scene in "The Posideon Adventure". Looks like a huge wall of water.

We need the rain, just not on game days. :)

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1009321" timestamp="1305222768"]
That radar image reminds me of the tidal wave scene in "The Posideon Adventure". Looks like a huge wall of water.

[/quote]

My fear is the kids leave for Houston in those tubs of bolts they call buses and get wiped off the highway from that tidal wave.

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1009321" timestamp="1305222768"]

[/quote]

Right now, I'll take any rain, even on game days.

I hope the rain starts around 5pm today and continues till noon tomorrow.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1009324" timestamp="1305223048"]
[quote author=Year of the Pat! link=topic=84174.msg1009321#msg1009321 date=1305222768]

[/quote]

Right now, I'll take any rain, even on game days.

I hope the rain starts around 5pm today and continues till noon tomorrow.
[/quote]

Come on man,  let me get home first.  :D

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1009314" timestamp="1305221789"]
They are saying the rain should hit the Houston area around 4 pm (possibly earlier).  I'll be one of the first to get rain so I'll post whenever we get it.
[/quote]

That is of course with the exception of BrenhamFan.  Talk to us man!  It looks like y'all are getting hammered!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1009334" timestamp="1305224075"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=84174.msg1009314#msg1009314 date=1305221789]
They are saying the rain should hit the Houston area around 4 pm (possibly earlier).  I'll be one of the first to get rain so I'll post whenever we get it.
[/quote]

That is of course with the exception of BrenhamFan.  Talk to us man!  It looks like y'all are getting hammered!
[/quote]
He was last seen in a boat going down mainstreet

[/quote]

That is of course with the exception of BrenhamFan.  [b]Talk to us man!  It looks like y'all are getting hammered![/b][/quote]

The Brenham folks won't comense to drinkin until after their second loss.

[/quote]

[/quote]

They are probably swimming for their lives the way the radar looks. No time to post.  :)

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1009337" timestamp="1305224337"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=84174.msg1009334#msg1009334 date=1305224075]
[/quote]

[/quote]
He was last seen in a boat going down mainstreet
[/quote]

BrenhamFan never left the ballpark in Baytown last night. Still stunned.

[quote name="vpride" post="1009339" timestamp="1305224464"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=84174.msg1009334#msg1009334 date=1305224075]
[/quote]

That is of course with the exception of BrenhamFan.  [b]Talk to us man!  It looks like y'all are getting hammered![/b][/quote]

The Brenham folks won't comense to drinkin until after their second loss.
[/quote]

LMAO!!!!!!

Guest Ranger83
chron.com

Baseball playoff games postponed
The first of potentially a few baseball playoff games has been postponed as Game 1 between The Woodlands and Austin Anderson – which was slated for tonight – will be rescheduled for tomorrow. Here are the adjustments for that series:

The Woodlands vs. Austin Anderson
Game 1: 6 p.m. Friday, Nelson Field (Austin)
Game 2: 2 p.m. Saturday, Scotland Yard
Game 3: 30 minutes after Game 2, Saturday (if necessary)

According to Weather.com, there’s a 40 percent chance of precipitation slated for around 7 p.m. tonight (Thursday, May 12) and severe thunderstorms are expected. I’ll be monitoring the situation and I’ll keep everyone updated on the postponed baseball games on this specific blog entry as I hear about them.

0 share

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed