Port Neches-Groves baseball team upsets No. 1 Brenham

[quote name="irishpirate" post="1009079" timestamp="1305179982"]
http://www.kfdm.com/video/?videoId=940438483001&play=now
[/quote]

Wow, tough game in the field for Brenham, uncharacteristic. Roberts had a rough day, but I would not count on that continuing! Friday should be a barnburner!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="1009175" timestamp="1305210732"]
[quote author=irishpirate link=topic=84164.msg1009079#msg1009079 date=1305179982]
http://www.kfdm.com/video/?videoId=940438483001&play=now
[/quote]

Wow, tough game in the field for Brenham, uncharacteristic. Roberts had a rough day, but I would not count on that continuing! Friday should be a barnburner!
[/quote]

I agree... Drake doesn't have back to back bad games.  It was a long ride home for me, so I can only imagine being on the bus back with coach Long in my ear....  This should be interesting series, to say the least!

After a 5-0 lead it really shocked me that Brenham would give that lead up, especially a No.1 team in the state. The Cubs had walks and errors that sunked them.

Bottom 5.....Nelson doubled over CF head, Ward who had a tough 1st AB, doubled in gap to score Nelson. After Blue gave the Indians warning about coming out to greet Nelson, Jalali beats out infield hit that Roberts did make a good effort. Gizzi then hits a comebacker to pitcher 1-3...Provost battles and I think with two strikes grounds to Roberts who throws high and a diving Provost is safe with a run scored....Stone goes down on curve ball.....Freeman hits comebacker to P, he boots and the score is tied 5-5....Ward hits pop up who the Brenham 1B makes a superb play on.

Top 6.....Knox PNG's LF makes a running catch on a foul ball down the LF line for out 1.........Next batter lines one to Knox in LF and it goes over his head for 2B....Stone is pulled and Nelson enters, he coaxes of pop up to Ward at 1B.....Indians boot a play, runners at the corners with their best hitter at the plate, he's 2-3 with HR......runner at 1st delays steal, provost comes out, looks the runner back at third and sparrow makes the tag, inning over.

Bot 6.....Jalali walks on 3-2 count.....Sparrow tries to sac bunt goes foul, he pops out to CF.....Gizzi walks on 4 straight I believe....Cubs bring in 3rd pitcher, Provost squibs one off to the 1B unassisted.......Stone hits a curve ball in the LC gap to plate two...Freeman grounds out Roberts at SS

Top 7...Nelson gets two pop ups to SS and a 6-3 game over.

[quote name="BrenhamCubs" post="1009497" timestamp="1305241320"]
I didnt go to the game or listen on the radio till the 7th. Did Brenham hit the ball better than PNG? Sounds like alot of errors and unlucky hits.

Friday 11-1 Brenham
Saturday 5-3 Brenham
[/quote]

PNG out hit Brenham 10-9. Brenham had a couple of lucky hits which scored all 5 of their runs.

Keeping Roberts off the bases was a huge factor. He is their sparkplug. Thought Stone pitched a very solid game, only hung two pitches. I know there were some seeing eye hits in the rally, other than Roberts going behind the mound and throwing high, Jacobs error on the comeback, were there others errors, thought there was, but can't rememeber.  
 Brenham looked way to casual.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1009510" timestamp="1305242382"]
[quote author=BrenhamCubs link=topic=84164.msg1009497#msg1009497 date=1305241320]
I didnt go to the game or listen on the radio till the 7th. Did Brenham hit the ball better than PNG? Sounds like alot of errors and unlucky hits.

Friday 11-1 Brenham
Saturday 5-3 Brenham
[/quote]

PNG out hit Brenham 10-9. Brenham had a couple of lucky hits which scored all 5 of their runs.
[/quote]

Lucky?  Those HR's were shots!  Lucky hits were the bloopers y'all hit just out of the infield, and the little dribbler that stayed fair down third base line.  If any hits were "lucky", it was those.  Either way, a hits a hit.  All that matters is getting the W, and we let that game slip away.  25 more hours!

Baker's bomb was the kind scouts love to see, because you didn't see it very long, it was a missle. The Rockies scout in attendance put Baker on his follow list for next year, so wouldn't worry about any negativism. It always plays out so to speak. That one needed no wind, it was stroked. I said earlier in a post it would take the "baseball gods" and they showed up that one inning.
  Baker is a solid two sport athlete, I would personally love to see him give it all to baseball, and I think he has a bright future.

[quote name="dirtball" post="1009533" timestamp="1305244223"]
 Baker's bomb was the kind scouts love to see, because you didn't see it very long, it was a missle. The Rockies scout in attendance put Baker on his follow list for next year, so wouldn't worry about any negativism. It always plays out so to speak. That one needed no wind, it was stroked. I said earlier in a post it would take the "baseball gods" and they showed up that one inning.
  Baker is a solid two sport athlete, I would personally love to see him give it all to baseball, and I think he has a bright future.
[/quote]

I agree...  Baker is legit!

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1009510" timestamp="1305242382"]
[quote author=BrenhamCubs link=topic=84164.msg1009497#msg1009497 date=1305241320]

Friday 11-1 Brenham
Saturday 5-3 Brenham
[/quote]
[/quote]

Brenham... Lucky hits... I doubt it. This team is top notch just about every year. You don't win state championships by being lucky but a few breaks along the way do help. Make no mistake,, PNG still has a long road ahead of them. I am sure coach Brevell is aware of this and will have the Indians ready...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1009519" timestamp="1305243251"]
[quote author=pngpurple4ever link=topic=84164.msg1009510#msg1009510 date=1305242382]

Friday 11-1 Brenham
Saturday 5-3 Brenham
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lucky?  Those HR's were shots!  Lucky hits were the bloopers y'all hit just out of the infield, and the little dribbler that stayed fair down third base line.  If any hits were "lucky", it was those.  Either way, a hits a hit.  [b]All that matters is getting the W, and we let that game slip away.  25 more hours![/b]
[/quote]

I agree....  That's why I said that earlier.

[quote name="BrenhamCubs" post="1009497" timestamp="1305241320"]

Friday 11-1 Brenham
Saturday 5-3 Brenham
[/quote]
I don't think Brenham will score 11 tomorrow night..

Anderson won't allow 11 runs.

Hey, these are high school kids. Any ball that is hit out of the ball park is not luck IMO. But any game whether it be in college, pros, or high school has some luck in it. A bad hop, dribbler, error in a crucial situation, etc... Brenham has a very good ball club and are deserving of their #1 ranking. PNG also has a very good ball club. Either team is capable of winning the next game. I'll call it a toss up. Good luck to both teams. I live close in a neighboring town of PNG so especially good luck to the INDIANS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83