Baytown Lee vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/LCM Advances!!!!

[quote name="Big Gander" post="1005743" timestamp="1304554461"]
LOL. The radio announcer said Reed Seely is 6'4''. He is 5'7'' and no the catcher is not 5'2''.
0-0 after 1
[/quote]

Don't know where you are getting your info (Maybe from the same place as the radio announcer), but Reed Seeley is  6'-1". 

I thought both pitchers did a great job working the outside corner of the plate. I'm not sure how tall the kid is either but his curveball was very nasty. Neither guy went inside with the fastball too much which is probably a good idea at that park.

Congrats Bears. Looking forward to seeing more.

Both pitchers worked out of huge jams, especially Kody Smith with the bases loaded and no outs. Can't remember were Lee was in the order but 3 k's in a row was big.

Seeley is a college pitcher and good, Blem smoked his HR to dead center, lost a little focus and then Drouillard followed with a lazer that hit the LF pole.

If they played a series, it would have been 2-0.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1006444" timestamp="1304649663"]
In the Montgomery/New Caney series, Montgomery took the first game, 6-5.
[/quote]

I called this one.  Montgomery is a very scrappy team.  They're better than their record shows.  If they can get one more win, I say 17-4A sweeps 18-4A.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1005970" timestamp="1304610091"]
Both pitchers worked out of huge jams, especially Kody Smith with the bases loaded and no outs. Can't remember were Lee was in the order but 3 k's in a row was big.

Seeley is a college pitcher and good, Blem smoked his HR to dead center, lost a little focus and then Drouillard followed with a lazer that hit the LF pole.

If they played a series, it would have been 2-0.
[/quote]

What do you have a crystal ball or a direct line to Miss Cleo?  LCM won the series.  It was a one game series.  Anything else is pure conjecture.

[quote name="oldollie" post="1006578" timestamp="1304691479"]
Didn't ya'll predict a more than 4 run victory in game 1? Your coach chose a one-gamer for a reason! ;)
[/quote]
I believe the "1 gamer choice" was a prom issue. After all Lee's #2 (Gomez) shutout GCM on 5 hits in their 19-4A finale.

“If the players stay out too late after prom, and then have to play maybe two big games on Saturday, it wouldn’t have been best for them. And if the weather is hot and humid, that could be bad,” said Hackney. (Baytown Sun 5/4/11)

Hats off to LC-M for getting to Reed, and Smith's shutting down the Lee offense.

The bottom line is their coach did what he thought was best for his team.  Even in hindsight I believe he did what was best for his team.  They were one swing of the bat away from the lead in the fifth.  I respect their coaches courage for making the decision he did.  I think it was the decision that gave his team the best chance to advance with prom and pitching staff to go three games. (which I also beleive would have happened)  It just did not work out.  That game could have gone either way.  We have all been on the other side of these type games before.  In the end there should be nothing but respect for the 2011 Lee Ganders and their coach. 

[quote name="lcmfan" post="1006618" timestamp="1304696497"]
The bottom line is their coach did what he thought was best for his team.  Even in hindsight I believe he did what was best for his team.  They were one swing of the bat away from the lead in the fifth.  I respect their coaches courage for making the decision he did.  I think it was the decision that gave his team the best chance to advance with prom and pitching staff to go three games. (which I also beleive would have happened)  It just did not work out.  That game could have gone either way.  We have all been on the other side of these type games before.  In the end there should be nothing but respect for the 2011 Lee Ganders and their coach. 
[/quote]
Well said and good luck

Again congratulations,I have coached the core of this Lee bunch and never seen them like I did Wednesday.Hey they faced a lefty that carved them up and he struck out the meat, hell bases loaded no outs losing by two and the guy with 5 bombs up to bat and couldn't score a run...You don't deserve to win....Like all coaches tell there kids"Let's not try to win the the game with one swing of the bat,n if you get lucky and find the back of the center field wall even better.."And yalls lefty found it,and the next guy ;)....Good luck LCM and thank you Ganders 2011 for letting me be there since yall were in T-ball.. ...

Gee- I hope you realize I was just having fun. Everyone at the game from Lee was first class all the way! The coaching staff, the players and the fans represented Lee in a way that should make their school district proud. The Seeley kid is a great pitcher, and the team is very talented. And about the one-game stuff I will never think bad about a coach doing what is best for his team,as a matter of fact I would be upset if he didn't. Good luck to all the Lee kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami