Baseball- Nederland vs. Barbers Hill / predictions

[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=83827.msg1005731#msg1005731 date=1304552215]
Personally, Rounder appears to know nothing about the rest of the Dogs.  There are a few pitchers that either due to an early injury or showing up late because of basketball success that very well may have been starters and definitely would be starters for most other teams.  [glow=red,2,300]Brown(RHP) and [/glow] [glow=red,2,300]Pitts(LHP) have an ERA of 0 [/glow] and both bring it in the high eighties.  Smith has been lights out and Fontenot is the best 3rd baseman I have seen in Nederland over the last 2 years but due to offensive needs has had to split time at 3rd and play outfield.  What Nederland will miss is Dup's bat.  His pitching would be nice because you never can have enough pitching in the playoffs but I believe Pitts, Brown, and Fontenot can step up to the rubber.  This is, however, an example of why the other pitchers should get more innings during district.  Nederland was the best returning team before Dup transferred but he has been a very welcomed addition.  Nederland will take this in 2.  

What is most important now is that Dup take care of his health and is in our prayers.

Yes they have pitched very well this season but their ERA's wouldnt be 0 if it wasnt for the other 8 players on the field doing their jobs and making the plays behind them.This whole team is solid it's not just 1 or 2 players carrying this team.  

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1005731" timestamp="1304552215"]
Personally, Rounder appears to know nothing about the rest of the Dogs.  There are a few pitchers that either due to an early injury or showing up late because of basketball success that very well may have been starters and definitely would be starters for most other teams.  Brown(RHP) and Pitts(LHP) have an ERA of 0 and both bring it in the high eighties.  Smith has been lights out and Fontenot is the best 3rd baseman I have seen in Nederland over the last 2 years but due to offensive needs has had to split time at 3rd and play outfield.  What Nederland will miss is Dup's bat.  His pitching would be nice because you never can have enough pitching in the playoffs but I believe Pitts, Brown, and Fontenot can step up to the rubber.  This is, however, an example of why the other pitchers should get more innings during district.  Nederland was the best returning team before Dup transferred but he has been a very welcomed addition.  Nederland will take this in 2.  

[b]What is most important now is that Dup take care of his health and is in our prayers. [/b]  
[/quote]

I happen to know Brown and Fontenot, and yes they are both good pitchers. Don't forgot about Kole Lassall, he can pitch too.  Don't know the Pitts kid, but I hear he is pretty darn good too.  I know a little more about your players, and team than you may realize. After all, I am the one who started the "RUMOR", that ended up being true. Good luck tomorrow. I hope they win.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1005857" timestamp="1304564300"]
Personally, Rounder appears to know nothing about the rest of the Dogs.  There are a few pitchers that either due to an early injury or showing up late because of basketball success that very well may have been starters and definitely would be starters for most other teams.  Brown(RHP) and Pitts(LHP) have an ERA of 0 and both bring it in the high eighties.  Smith has been lights out and Fontenot is the best 3rd baseman I have seen in Nederland over the last 2 years but due to offensive needs has had to split time at 3rd and play outfield.  What Nederland will miss is Dup's bat.  His pitching would be nice because you never can have enough pitching in the playoffs but I believe Pitts, Brown, and Fontenot can step up to the rubber.  This is, however, an example of why the other pitchers should get more innings during district.  Nederland was the best returning team before Dup transferred but he has been a very welcomed addition.  Nederland will take this in 2.  

[b]What is most important now is that Dup take care of his health and is in our prayers. [/b]  
[/quote]

I happen to know Brown and Fontenot, and yes they are both good pitchers. Don't forgot about Kole Lassall, he can pitch too.  Don't know the Pitts kid, but I hear he is pretty darn good too.  I know a little more about your players, and team than you may realize. After all, I am the one who started the "RUMOR", that ended up being true. Good luck tomorrow. I hope they win.
[/quote]
Just because you started the "rumor" means you know Dup not the others on the team....Besides the "rumor" shouldn't have been mentioned on here unless the family wanted it here....you left the reason wide open and many could have thought it was grades, discipline etc....You were out of line and if I were Dylan's family I wouldn't share information with you are consider you a friend.

[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=83827.msg1005842#msg1005842 date=1304562468]
The whole team is deep.  I was specifically talking about the pitchers that could cover for Dup.  Just because your son wasn't mentioned doesn't mean he or any of the other players were slighted baseballfan!!!  People look for reasons to complain.

I wasnt complaining was just stating a fact that there is 8 other players on the field playing defense behind the pitcher. And I dont expect you or anyone else to mention my son on here i rather you didnt. My comment wasnt about my son. It's like you cant make a post without mentioning how good your son is though. 

Yes. Unfortunately this topic isn't giving a good picture of us Dog fans. Let's remember what tonight is about. All our boys going out and enjoying the game they grew up loving; and winning in the process ;). Good Luck tonight guys. We'll all be there supporting you.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1005863" timestamp="1304565152"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=83827.msg1005857#msg1005857 date=1304564300]
Personally, Rounder appears to know nothing about the rest of the Dogs.  There are a few pitchers that either due to an early injury or showing up late because of basketball success that very well may have been starters and definitely would be starters for most other teams.  Brown(RHP) and Pitts(LHP) have an ERA of 0 and both bring it in the high eighties.  Smith has been lights out and Fontenot is the best 3rd baseman I have seen in Nederland over the last 2 years but due to offensive needs has had to split time at 3rd and play outfield.  What Nederland will miss is Dup's bat.  His pitching would be nice because you never can have enough pitching in the playoffs but I believe Pitts, Brown, and Fontenot can step up to the rubber.  This is, however, an example of why the other pitchers should get more innings during district.  Nederland was the best returning team before Dup transfjerred but he has been a very welcomed addition.  Nederland will take this in 2.  

[/quote]

[/quote]
Just because you started the "rumor" means you know Dup not the others on the team....Besides the "rumor" shouldn't have been mentioned on here unless the family wanted it here....you left the reason wide open and many could have thought it was grades, discipline etc....You were out of line and if I were Dylan's family I wouldn't share information with you are consider you a friend.
[/quote]

I have known his family for over 20 years, and unlike most of you on here, they don't think it is a big deal. After all, all I said was he may not be playing. As for leaving the reason wide open, it's not right for me to post his personal reasons for not being able to play. As one of your other fans mentioned, maybe you should not "speculate" about things. Now why don't you go back to arguing with your own fans about who is better than who. Your right I don't know anyone but Duplant from that team, nor I have I ever coached about 6 of them.

[quote name="1696dogs" post="1005918" timestamp="1304602162"]
And to answer the question, how do our kids act, they are extremely well behaved boys on the baseball field. Very respectful of the game. 
[/quote]IDK about that.  I don't think you want to put a mike in that dug out.  You might find out something you don't like.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1005929" timestamp="1304603408"]
[quote author=1696dogs link=topic=83827.msg1005918#msg1005918 date=1304602162]
And to answer the question, how do our kids act, they are extremely well behaved boys on the baseball field. Very respectful of the game. 
[/quote]IDK about that.  I don't think you want to put a mike in that dug out.  You might find out something you don't like.
[/quote]

I wouldn't single them out. They are high school boys. You can put a mic in 95% of high school dugouts, and probably wont like what you hear.

[quote name="jumpstart" post="1005936" timestamp="1304604137"]
Gee whiz!  Could somebody take the high road here and stop it already?
[/quote]I already have....I have not responded to any of the stupid crap rounder is posting.. ;D

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1005956" timestamp="1304607120"]
Dup or not

DOGS in Two ;D ;D
[/quote]
I know Dogs can hit but havent you put doubt in BH pitching. Esp. number one. He has held good hitting teams to 2 to 3 runs. such as Bridge City, GCM, Lee, Clear Springs(5a), Vidor, Crosby and G Ball. all playoff teams this year with averaging more than 5 runs a game.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="1005958" timestamp="1304607577"]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=83827.msg1005956#msg1005956 date=1304607120]
Dup or not

DOGS in Two ;D ;D
[/quote]
I know Dogs can hit but havent you put doubt in BH pitching. Esp. number one. He has held good hitting teams to 2 to 3 runs. such as Bridge City, GCM, Lee, Clear Springs(5a), Vidor, Crosby and G Ball. all playoff teams this year with averaging more than 5 runs a game.
[/quote]

Who is Barbers Hill's No.1 & 2. ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83