pa reg qual and kountze reg qual

[quote name="Craig S" post="1001462" timestamp="1303504824"]
By that way of thinking we wouldn't get results all year until the district meets
[/quote]Welcome to the track and field world Mr.Soignet.Regional qualifer is some what of an organized practice,optional for atheletes to prepare.Softball ....equal to a scrimmage.

Thanks for the welcome.....but anyone who competed in any sport at any level competes to win...scrimmage....warm-up....predistrict.....all I'm saying is...give the results....it they don't mean anything to some....then don't read them....for those of us interested we will know.

Kind of like the other thread...Ashley Johnson jumped 5-8....that's great I hope she wins 3A state. I keep up with her and my kid competes against her as a former team mate.

Actually if you pay to attend a meet it is expected to have full results by the next day.  Honestly with technology no one should host a district, rq, or regional meet unless they have an FAT system.  Also, RQ meets do matter especially for distance runners who are trying to run a time to qualify for Congress Avenue Mile.  Results were posted for about 8 regional qualifiers less than 12 hrs of their completion on the free website ttfca.com as well as now you can find full results at txrunning.com,  directathletics.com,  athletic.net, and the paid website texastrack.com.  The pamemorial results have been up at directathletics for a while now. So that is why 3ACCCoach asked.  There are many coaches in Texas who take track just as serious as football. 

Also I totally disagree about the whole regional qualifier is equal to a scrimmage.  That is the one meet out of the entire year my athletes get excited about. Usually good weather and excellent competition.  Numerous school records are set at regional qualifiers as well as I know that the Rice, Sam Houston, and UTSA coach were there recruiting at the Woodlands RQ.  I know Huffman set three school records, Bridge City had at least one, and I think Nederland had two.  Most of my athletes will have faster times at the RQ then Regionals because of the competiton.  If some of these times/marks were never posted it would hurt recruiting of these athletes.

[quote name="Kris_Gilmore" post="1001610" timestamp="1303574782"]
Also I totally disagree about the whole regional qualifier is equal to a scrimmage.  That is the one meet out of the entire year my athletes get excited about. Usually good weather and excellent competition.  Numerous school records are set at regional qualifiers as well as I know that the Rice, Sam Houston, and UTSA coach were there recruiting at the Woodlands RQ.  I know Huffman set three school records, Bridge City had at least one, and I think Nederland had two.  Most of my athletes will have faster times at the RQ then Regionals because of the competiton.  If some of these times/marks were never posted it would hurt recruiting of these athletes.
[/quote]

Do you happen to know where the Woodlands results might be?

I dont have complete results..but Some highlights.. And Note these times are F.A.T (Laser Time)

W.O.S ran a 41.28 in the 4x100 relay, Memorial ran a 41.4 I think and Elsik ran a 41.8..That was a fast race...Central 4th leg left to early and had to turn around, but they still ran a 42.3 and got 5th..

in the 4x200 Central Got some payback, running one of the fastest times in the State with a 1:27.43. but still W.O.S stole the show with a 1:26.23...

Really it was a good meet...W.O.S should win State again, in 3-A and Memorial and Central should make it to state in some events, specialy with the Relays..

WOS is good, but Dallas Madison ain't too shabby either.  Just at their district meet:  4 x 100 = 41.93; 800 runner 1:59; 110 Hurdler 14.25; 100 = 10.86 and 10.97; 4 x 200 = 1:27.82; 300 hurdler = 38.25; 400 runner = 49.89; 4 x 400 = 3:16.64 :o .  I know all these performances won't make it to state or win it, but they are definitely strong. I know with WOS hurdler and other individual runners it is going to be fun to watch.  Who knows WOS might win by 30 points.

[quote name="Kris_Gilmore" post="1002012" timestamp="1303740323"]
WOS is good, but Dallas Madison ain't too shabby either.  Just at their district meet:  4 x 100 = 41.93; 800 runner 1:59; 110 Hurdler 14.25; 100 = 10.86 and 10.97; 4 x 200 = 1:27.82; 300 hurdler = 38.25; 400 runner = 49.89;[b] 4 x 400 = 3:16.64 [/b] :o .  I know all these performances won't make it to state or win it, but they are definitely strong. I know with WOS hurdler and other individual runners it is going to be fun to watch.  Who knows WOS might win by 30 points.
[/quote]

impressive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder