Garmarvis Kellum        Sr.    Jasper
Zay McDaniel            Sr.    Kountze
Deven Murphy          Jr.    Evadale
Micky Woods            Sr.    PAM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against Coach English and what he did at Nederland this season, but I personally believe that Coach Lawrence Williams from Evadale deserves some recognition for taking SETX's only team to Austin this year.

He is a great coach who teaches the game and his players respect him for what he molded them into. Coach L may not show up on the Super Gold team, but believe me when I say he is definately Evadale's Coach of the Year, so far year and that is saying a mouthful when you have Mark Williams leading the program for the Rebels.

Thanks Coach L!   

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="995496" timestamp="1302476593"]
Nothing against Coach English and what he did at Nederland this season, but I personally believe that Coach Lawrence Williams from Evadale deserves some recognition for taking SETX's only team to Austin this year.

He is a great coach who teaches the game and his players respect him for what he molded them into. Coach L may not show up on the Super Gold team, but believe me when I say he is definately Evadale's Coach of the Year, so far year and that is saying a mouthful when you have Mark Williams leading the program for the Rebels.

Thanks Coach L!   
[/quote]

Its easy to win games and make to Austin in 1A as a coach when you come in to a new school practically set for greatness. Like come on now he had all the height he needed to go far in 1A, alot of coaches in this area could of won with that talent already there, especially at the 1A level. I aint saying what he did wasnt great but lets wait to see what he does next year then we will make an assesment. But Coach English built that team by himself ever since he went to Nederland so i would give Coach Of Year to him for reason alone.  Send this message to Coach L for me: You got to let the past go, stop hating on Nederland because they let you go!!!!!

Ok this is for #1 manager....First off Coach Williams did not get let go from Nederland, he resigned from Nederland after his son graduated so you need to get your facts straight. Second yes Evadale had a good team but playing on the 1a level is a whole nother animal than 4a. Evadale had 1 practice before playing their first game. You play(or practice) year around in 4a. Coach English is a great young coach but he also had a very talented team this year so again....get your facts straight. Your just upset you didnt make it to Austin. You bit off more than you can chew #1 manager

First off, Nederland had as much talent as Evadale for a 4A school. So saying Evadale had it made is bs. Second, Coach Williams was forced out. Third, Manager just because you and Coach L don't get along doesn't mean he hates Nederland. He still loves the school and always wishes them the best of luck. Let it go man. Lastly, having played for both coach Williams and Coach English I can assure you that they are both great coaches. And both will do anything for their players. They just have to different styles of doing it. I think Coach English should get the award for their entire body of work. Evadale had a great post season run but Nederland had a substantially better regular season.

Manager 1 Did Coach L cut you from 7th grade basketball?  Don't you think it’s time for [b]YOU[/b] to let go? Now let’s take 12 random students from any 4A high school, suit them up for football and coach them to the third round of playoffs. Next day, suit them up for hoops, run a one hour practice and hit the boards. You grind out a season, unranked by any publication, height and all. The unranked Rebs beat Yorktown, ranked Milano, ranked. I know it’s hard for someone of your caliber to understand what it takes to take a 1A team to state otherwise you would not make such a ridiculous statement. Let’s not overlook the fact that Coach L contributed to the success of Nederland’s run by preparing many of the players from Nederland’s roster that appear on the Gold List in middle school, which you did not make that cut. The Gold List really has no value when they don't include Evadale's player who will be representing all of Southeast Texas in TABC All Star Game. Did we see any Gold List Mangers? Nope! ???

[quote author=Hardwood Houdini link=topic=82957.msg995699#msg995699 date=1302537401]
Manager 1 Did Coach L cut you from 7th grade basketball?  Don't you think it’s time for [b]YOU[/b] to let go? Now let’s take 12 random students from any 4A high school, suit them up for football and coach them to the third round of playoffs. Next day, suit them up for hoops, run a one hour practice and hit the boards. You grind out a season, unranked by any publication, height and all. The unranked Rebs beat Yorktown, ranked Milano, ranked. I know it’s hard for someone of your caliber to understand what it takes to take a 1A team to state otherwise you would not make such a ridiculous statement. Let’s not overlook the fact that Coach L contributed to the success of Nederland’s run by preparing many of the players from Nederland’s roster that appear on the Gold List in middle school, which you did not make that cut. The Gold List really has no value when they don't include Evadale's player who will be representing all of Southeast Texas in TABC All Star Game. Did we see any Gold List Mangers?

I would take Coach E ANY DAY OF THE YEAR (during any year) over Coach L.

I really don't think anyone is argueing that Brian should not be COY, but don't belittle what Laurance has done at Evadale and don't say he is hating on Nederland because that is not the case.

It just sounded like this manager dude has a personal axe to grind with Coach L and has nothing to do with who should be COY.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="995719" timestamp="1302539714"]
I really don't think anyone is argueing that Brian should not be COY, but don't belittle what Laurance has done at Evadale and don't say he is hating on Nederland because that is not the case.

It just sounded like this manager dude has a personal axe to grind with Coach L and has nothing to do with who should be COY.
[/quote]

I don't know what his personal issue is with him. I'll give Coach L respect if he does something more than one season. Not sure if his kids had lots of talent or what. I just know he did NOTHING for the Nederland program when he was there. Hardwood-he did NOT prepare any of these kids to get where they are today. Coach E is the one who coached them during little dribblers, etc and implemented a winning attitude, along with their work ethic and dedication to the program...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="995719" timestamp="1302539714"]

[/quote]
Maybe my reply should have been more towards Rebel Yeller. He seems to believe that Coach L should get recognition (which I think he did within his district, no?). Although he says that he didn't want to take anything from Coach E, he actually was trying to IMO. He doesn't realize that 3 of his players played football too, and Forney broke his leg at the beginning of FB season and his hand at the end of FB season.

To me, comparing Evadale to Nederland is apples and oranges. Nederland did start practicing basketball on the first day of practice and did not have to delay their start to the season. Evadale could not start basketball practice because every single player for them played football and their football season did not end till December. Evadale did not get to play their first game till the 2nd weekend of December and that was only after 1 day of practice.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder