Terry Evans

I am getting more and more disappointing with the way our admin is handling athletic decisions.. The handling of the hiring of a new bball coach and the way we are handling the WAC situation... I sure hope we do not let some good things pass us up...

I know Sutton did not have a great run at OSU but he really did not get a chance to build his team... I have a feeling we are going to end up like UofH.... They should have taken a chance on BCG but instead chose James Dickey  now BCG is at Tech and UofH still sucks. I know many of you do not like Sutton but I think he is a better coach than Knight and he has something to prove.

[quote name="LamarFanatic" post="992128" timestamp="1301774103"]
Ok it was a tough situation for his first HC job probably too much too early alot of pressure taking over for Bobby let him start his own chapter at Lamar. Roc beat Rose (byu) coach as well so whats ur point'
[/quote]The point continue to be that no one wanted a proven loser as coach, yet  now most want and making excuses for a proven loser.

Here's my question, if he was so down on Lamar and the SLC, WHY DID HE APPLY?  As I understood it, the application process was a voluntary one.  What was someone holding a gun to his head?  Did they threaten to harm his family? 

I can understand his views on the SLC.  Heck, most of the folks on this forum have the same view of the SLC.  That is why a lot of folks want Lamar to receive and accept a invitation to join the WAC.  In my view, he just makes himself look like an idiot whose applications may not be taken seriously by AD's in the future.

[quote name="LamarFanatic" post="992211" timestamp="1301796066"]
O just curious unlv who are you wanting to be the next coach.
[/quote]

1. Abatemarco....The best combo recruiter and tactician with a  boat load of experience of the bunch...NBA, WNBA, NBA-DL,etc etc..
Yes he screwed up as a young coach, but you shouldn't hold that against him when he is the best of the bunch. He has matured in the last 22 years, dumb business sense to hold a grudge. I can see him bringing in players from the east coast LU could never other-wise get.

2. Tucker...seems like a great tactician but I don't know if he can recruit.

3. Skelton...I think he can at least win at LU, But I don't see sweet 16 from him. Expect few years of building.

4. Cross...same as 3.

Brooks, Price, Knight, Evans...Dumpster.

[quote name="UNLV" post="992224" timestamp="1301798233"]
[quote author=LamarFanatic link=topic=82624.msg992211#msg992211 date=1301796066]
[/quote]

1. Abatemarco....The best combo recruiter and tactician with a  boat load of experience of the bunch...NBA, WNBA, NBA-DL,etc etc..
Yes he screwed up as a young coach, but you shouldn't hold that against him when he is the best of the bunch. He has matured in the last 22 years, dumb business sense to hold a grudge. I can see him bringing in players from the east coast LU could never other-wise get.

[i][u][b]3. Skelton...I think he can at least win at LU, But I don't see sweet 16 from him. Expect few years of building.

4. Cross...same as 3.[/b][/u][/i]Brooks, Price, Knight, Evans...Dumpster.
[/quote]

Why are you worrying about the Sweet 16, when LU hasn't won anything in forever???

[quote name="LamarFanatic" post="992228" timestamp="1301799147"]
seriously ok I can understand being young and taking your lumps coaching but 13-66 at Sacramento State his 3rd college HC job. How is he a good recruiter and tactician going 13-66.
[/quote]At that point he was done as a coach because what happened at Drake. Lets not compare LU with Sac st. Nobody can win there. For what it is worth, he did win at LU. Something no other coach could do the last 22 years. Keep in mind this is my opinion.
Lamar is not hiring Abatemarco. I would. LU would not have gone 22 years if I ran LU. Lamar need a coach who can coach and experience helps a whole lot. Lamar does not need to hire a name.

Before you all start insulting my choice, lets look at facts.

1. This forum calls Abatemarco a loser, yet makes excuses for Knight's losing.
2. This forum holds a grudge because he insulted Beaumont Italian restaurants, yet make excuses for Evans big mouth and insulting Lamar.

The hypocrisy is as big as a blimp.

[quote name="KingSnake" post="992230" timestamp="1301799933"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=82624.msg992224#msg992224 date=1301798233]
[quote author=LamarFanatic link=topic=82624.msg992211#msg992211 date=1301796066]
[/quote]

[i][u][b]3. Skelton...I think he can at least win at LU, But I don't see sweet 16 from him. Expect few years of building.

4. Cross...same as 3.[/b][/u][/i]Brooks, Price, Knight, Evans...Dumpster.
[/quote]

Why are you worrying about the Sweet 16, when LU hasn't won anything in forever???
[/quote]Because I shoot for the best possible, unlike Lamar.

UNLV, I just don't get this obsession with Abatemarco.  So what he won 20 games for Lamar 22 years ago.  How many NCAA tourney games did Lamar go to when he was the coach? ZERO!!  How many schools are trying to hire him as their head coach? ZERO!!  How many HS and JUCO kids will be impressed by his experience as a WNBA assistant? ZERO!!  How many east coast kids will he recruit since he hasn't live on the east coast for decades?  ZERO!!

Here's a great article about him from 2007:  http://wesleyvaclav.blogspot.com/2007/04/forget-it-tom-abatemarco-fans-colorados.html

I like this quote: [quote]Fans of Tom Abatemarco -- [b]both of them[/b] -- who thought he might soon be coaching in the Big 12 Conference evidently are mistaken.[/quote]

[quote name="coachacola" post="992236" timestamp="1301801316"]
UNLV, I just don't get this obsession with Abatemarco.  So what he won 20 games for Lamar 22 years ago.  How many NCAA tourney games did Lamar go to when he was the coach? ZERO!!  How many schools are trying to hire him as their head coach? ZERO!!  How many HS and JUCO kids will be impressed by his experience as a WNBA assistant? ZERO!!  How many east coast kids will he recruit since he hasn't live on the east coast for decades?  ZERO!!

Here's a great article about him from 2007:  http://wesleyvaclav.blogspot.com/2007/04/forget-it-tom-abatemarco-fans-colorados.html

I like this quote: [quote]Fans of Tom Abatemarco -- [b]both of them[/b] -- who thought he might soon be coaching in the Big 12 Conference evidently are mistaken.[/quote]

[/quote]No obsession here. Someone asked my opinion. Can't you read?

As far as your post, there are people who can spot talent and there are people who follow the crowd with their opinion.
I do not care what you think. I do not care what a blog thinks. I know what I know. Abatemarco is not paying me. I don't know the guy personally. IMO he can bring winning back to Lamar the first year. People do make mistakes in the past, can you say you haven't?
Abatemarco is my pick, take it or leave it.

[quote name="coachacola" post="992236" timestamp="1301801316"]
UNLV, I just don't get this obsession with Abatemarco.  So what he won 20 games for Lamar 22 years ago.  How many NCAA tourney games did Lamar go to when he was the coach? ZERO!!  How many schools are trying to hire him as their head coach? ZERO!!  How many HS and JUCO kids will be impressed by his experience as a WNBA assistant? ZERO!!  How many east coast kids will he recruit since he hasn't live on the east coast for decades?  ZERO!!

Here's a great article about him from 2007:  http://wesleyvaclav.blogspot.com/2007/04/forget-it-tom-abatemarco-fans-colorados.html

This confuses me.  He did end up becoming an assistant at Colorado didn't he?  But Bzedlik calls it comical that he might become an assistant at Colorado.

In any event, it is an excellent reminder of what some of the issues are with Abatemarco.

[/quote]

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="992252" timestamp="1301807515"]
I say give Cyprien some more consideration.
[/quote]

Absolutely NOT!  NO WAY!  He is a proven liar and an unproven coach!!  Go with a JUCO or NAIA or DII coach that has shown they can win!  Oh, and forget Terry Evans now.  He has bashed the SLC and is trying to play both sides.  Screw em.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder