Crosby vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/GC Memorial wins/Comments

Guest Ranger83
Final

Crosby (2-3)      2   4   2
GCM (5-0)          7   11  4

Wp: Czerwonka (CG)
Lp: Gabryszwski (CG)

HR:  GCM- Jacobs 2R (5), T. Wilson 3R (1)
T. Wilson 4 RBI

The streak is over!

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="990088" timestamp="1301447544"]
Final

Crosby (2-3)      2   4   2
GCM (5-0)          7   11  4

HR:  GCM- Jacobs 2R (5), T. Wilson 3R (2)
T. Wilson 4 RBI

The streak is over!
[/quote]
Good game for GCM, hit Gabby pretty good. Once again, lack of hitting and run support by Crosby. GCM finally got the monkey off their back. 106 pitches for Gabby, WOW!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="TEL" post="990104" timestamp="1301448074"]
[quote author=Yearof thePat! link=topic=82451.msg990088#msg990088 date=1301447544]
Final

HR:  GCM- Jacobs 2R (5), T. Wilson 3R (1)
T. Wilson 4 RBI

The streak is over!
[/quote]
Good game for GCM, hit Gabby pretty good. Once again, lack of hitting and run support by Crosby. GCM finally got the monkey off their back. 106 pitches for Gabby, WOW!

[/quote]
I was suprised he came back out for the 6th. Both teams did an excellent job of putting the ball in play. Only 3 or 4 k's on both sides.

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="990217" timestamp="1301452876"]
[quote author=TEL link=topic=82451.msg990104#msg990104 date=1301448074]
[quote author=Yearof thePat! link=topic=82451.msg990088#msg990088 date=1301447544]
Final

HR:  GCM- Jacobs 2R (5), T. Wilson 3R (1)
T. Wilson 4 RBI

The streak is over!
[/quote]

[/quote]
I was suprised he came back out for the 6th. Both teams did an excellent job of putting the ball in play. Only 3 or 4 k's on both sides.
[/quote]
I was very surprised. Not sure why they are not throwing Hebert?? Gabby is throwing alot, hope they are icing his arm good. 

Interesting,  he actually has not thrown many pitches in any game, until this game.  Not sure where you are getting your info from????  every game he has pitched in district has been low pitch counts.  He has only pitched on Tuesday nights.  Not sure if you have a clue TEL!  If being on a rotation, like most everyone in the district, is pitching too much then WOW is all I can say to your ignorance!

Anyways, Good Game GCM!

[quote name="DEADSPIN_BB" post="990298" timestamp="1301457805"]
Interesting,  he actually has not thrown many pitches in any game, until this game.  Not sure where you are getting your info from????  every game he has pitched in district has been low pitch counts.  He has only pitched on Tuesday nights.  Not sure if you have a clue TEL!   If being on a rotation, like most everyone in the district, is pitching too much then WOW is all I can say to your ignorance!

Anyways, Good Game GCM!
[/quote]
My ignorance is coming from knowing he had a sore arm in a few games and came out early. I would hate to see him have any kind of a set back before going to college. He is a good kid that deserves to pitch at the next level. I seen the Dayton coach throw Smesney way too much three years ago, when he got to Angelina he had Tommy John surgery. I don't think he needs to be throwing over 100 pitches or close to that in any game. You can call it ignorance if you want but you apparently are not concerned with his health. Anyone else out there with any baseball knowledge want to give their thoughts on HIGH SCHOOL kids throwing over a 100 pitches?? Why not bring in Hebert to start the 6th? I do have a clue about pitching, and about seeing kids being able to play at the next level!!

[quote name="DEADSPIN_BB" post="990298" timestamp="1301457805"]
Interesting,  he actually has not thrown many pitches in any game, until this game.  Not sure where you are getting your info from????  every game he has pitched in district has been low pitch counts.  He has only pitched on Tuesday nights.  Not sure if you have a clue TEL!   If being on a rotation, like most everyone in the district, is pitching too much then WOW is all I can say to your ignorance!

Anyways, Good Game GCM!
[/quote]
What do you call 106 pitches DEADBEAT, I mean DEADSPIN?? I guess you can call me ignorant for speaking up and being concerned about his health, so how does that make you look?

100 pitches for a high school pitcher is not that many, when you get to 110+ then you worry about a kids arm.... I have seen coaches pitch a kid 170+..GCM vs Crosby last year.. that seemed crazy to me...
Gabby's arm is better... he had a sore arm early in the year but is fine now... and has had low pitch counts all year... GCM just hit the ball... Good Job GCM..
As for bring in Herbert, maybe they need him for friday?? which is worse.. letting a kid pitch 110 pitches (which is not that high) or pitching a kid in back to back games???

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="990318" timestamp="1301459797"]
Is Gabby at full strength. Div 1 pitcher doesn't give up 11 hits?
[/quote]That is bush... it is baseball... anyone can get hit at one apperence... I can remember Roger Clemens letting 3 runs score on him in 1A in 3 inn when he was making his come back... then went to a MVP year the same year...
Gabby will be fine... just did not have a great outing...

Guest Ranger83
His velocity was not quite there yet. But, he did not look to be struggling.

If anything the weight of all the scrutiny has to wear on him at times. When he was warming up in the bullpen there were at least 10 "investors" surrounding the fence. 

At this point in the season, a pitcher can throw 100 pitches.......if he has 7 days between starts he will be fine. Coach Wiggins at Crosby will make sure he takes care of his arm after every game he pitches. What people fail to realize is that the throwing is not the main issue,  it is how a pitcher takes care of himself that helps with recovery

It means just what it say's!  I've read the comments on here for a while now game after game!!! So I decided to get on here and voice my opinion. I'm simply saying give credit to the boys that help contribute to the win not just one player it takes all "9" this is not just about GCM it's all the  teams!!!

Guest Ranger83
Who's talking about one player getting ALL the credit for anything?
People have the right to congratulate individual players on their performance in a game especially if they know that player personally.

[quote name="hitman009" post="990416" timestamp="1301492038"]
100 pitches for a high school pitcher is not that many, when you get to 110+ then you worry about a kids arm.... I have seen coaches pitch a kid 170+..GCM vs Crosby last year.. that seemed crazy to me...
Gabby's arm is better... he had a sore arm early in the year but is fine now... and has had low pitch counts all year... GCM just hit the ball... Good Job GCM..
As for bring in Herbert, maybe they need him for friday?? which is worse.. letting a kid pitch 110 pitches (which is not that high) or pitching a kid in back to back games???

[/quote]

You guys that think 100 pitches ain't that many or there is a difference between 100 and 110 should be high school coaches.  Many a high school talent has been ruined by coaches that didn't respect a good arm.  Ask a pitcher that has been overthrown after the game how his arm feels and he can clarify that for you.  The pros start to get concerned after 90 even if the pitcher is still showing control because they have so much money riding on them. They realized they were shortening the lifespan of their pitching talent years ago and started getting smarter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder