Coaching Staff

The word on the street in Deweyville is that they are about to lose two of the great coaches. Eventhough this is their first year in Deweyville, both of these men have made a huge impact on the athletic program. Coach Cupples (varsity baseball coach) and Coach Mitchell (varsity girls basketball coach) certainly do not need to be let go. They both do their jobs and do them well. The kids respect them and love playing for them.  There has been several people voicing their opinions about why both of these men SHOULD keep their jobs but it isn't looking good. The board is supposed to make final decision on April 4. It is going to truly impact the program in Deweyville as these coaches have brought great things to the district. The kids are going to suffer greatly if something is not done to keep them. There will be a serious coach shortage and coaches are going to burn out early on in the year and it will show.

[quote name="pirate supporter" post="990244" timestamp="1301454725"]
just heard on the news that lumberton is going to possibly be letting 40 teachers go. Class sizes going on and this can't be good for teachers / coaches/ or students

[/quote]

Lumberton will be laying off over 70 teachers total..

[quote name="AJ25" post="990285" timestamp="1301456885"]
[quote author=pirate supporter link=topic=82333.msg990244#msg990244 date=1301454725]
just heard on the news that lumberton is going to possibly be letting 40 teachers go. Class sizes going on and this can't be good for teachers / coaches/ or students

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wonder if the Lumberton head baseball coach will be one of them. It would be ashame since I hear he is so loved and highly respected in the Lumberton area.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="991292" timestamp="1301626813"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=82333.msg990285#msg990285 date=1301456885]
[quote author=pirate supporter link=topic=82333.msg990244#msg990244 date=1301454725]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wonder if the Lumberton head baseball coach will be one of them. It would be ashame since I hear he is so loved and highly respected in the Lumberton area.
[/quote]

Not to mention he is a Science teacher. How many coaches do you know that are science teachers? Aren't too many. Hard to get rid of a guy when he fills a hole as a Science teacher and is also a solid ball coach.

[quote name="TURN2" post="990419" timestamp="1301492855"]
Watch for the private schools to really explode all over the state,big money will start pouring into these schools especially at the lower levels to keep small class sizes for a better teacher student ratio.
[/quote]

I wish that were true but I doubt it.  They are just too damn expensive for that to happen.  I'm sure most parents would prefer sending their kids to a private school but it just costs too much.

Is the same percentage of administration staff being cut as teachers?

I really don't know the ratio of administrators to teachers, but I believe, that if your district needs to reduce teachers by say 10%, then shouldn't administration be cut by the same amount?

I know that administration is important, but are they as important as the teacher in the classroom?  I don't know....that's why I am asking.

Ive been looking at this topic for the past few days and I finally have to say something. It is really hard for me to understand why so many teachers and coaches are losing their jobs. These are the people who spend a great deal of time with our youth guiding and directing them. Teaching them to do their best and not to give up when times get rough. These are in my opinion 2 of the most important lessons anyone can learn. With all the cuts going on, what is this saying to the seniors this year and to those who graduated last year who plan to become future teachers and coaches.

[quote author=Johnnyreb link=topic=82333.msg994059#msg994059 date=1302137241]
Ive been looking at this topic for the past few days and I finally have to say something. It is really hard for me to understand why so many teachers and coaches are losing their jobs. These are the people who spend a great deal of time with our youth guiding and directing them. Teaching them to do their best and not to give up when times get rough. These are in my opinion 2 of the most important lessons anyone can learn. With all the cuts going on, what is this saying to the seniors this year and to those who graduated last year who plan to become future teachers and coaches.

[glow=red,2,300]It say's vote Rick "pretty boy" Perry out of office! That's what it say's![/glow]

[quote name="AJ25" post="991320" timestamp="1301634494"]
[quote author=pngpurple4ever link=topic=82333.msg991292#msg991292 date=1301626813]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=82333.msg990285#msg990285 date=1301456885]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not to mention he is a Science teacher. How many coaches do you know that are science teachers? Aren't too many. Hard to get rid of a guy when he fills a hole as a Science teacher and is also a solid ball coach.
[/quote]Lumberton will lay off somewhere close to 40 teachers and close to 30 Para-Professionals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder