Bob West says Pat Knight is leading candidate.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="991594" timestamp="1301693636"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=82332.msg991588#msg991588 date=1301692429]
Still think Pat Knight is most likely going to get the job.
[/quote]

I think that there is a definate prefence to hire a minority.  Even without the preference, I am about as opposed to Knight as I am Abatemarco, maybe equally opposed.
[/quote]It just so happen that the one who fits LU's needs happen to be of color. ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="991571" timestamp="1301690225"]
Abatemarco absolutely positively NO!!!!  Let someone else take that risk, his track record doesn't justify the chance.  [b]LU needs desperately to get this hire right!!!![/b]
[/quote]

Which means they probably won't!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="991610" timestamp="1301695251"]
[/quote]

Heard the same thing today Dog!!!!!
[/quote]

Good Lord!!!!  I won't abandon the football program like Puddin is, but for the love of Pete!!!  Who wants to hire Knight?  Tidwell?  Somebody use their brain her folks.  Knight will not be able to recruit well at Lamar and he runs a slow brand of ball that only a purist will like.  This is not a "sexy" hire or the right hire IMHO.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="991758" timestamp="1301704955"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=82332.msg991610#msg991610 date=1301695251]
[/quote]

Heard the same thing today Dog!!!!!
[/quote]

Good Lord!!!!  I won't abandon the football program like Puddin is, but for the love of Pete!!!  Who wants to hire Knight?   Tidwell?  Somebody use their brain her folks.  Knight will not be able to recruit well at Lamar and he runs a slow brand of ball that only a purist will like.  This is not a "sexy" hire or the right hire IMHO.
[/quote]

only if Abate-a-dumbo comes.........

Source tonight tells me that job is Knight's.  Knight is also being sought after by Mizzou State.  If Knight delcines they will go after Evans!!!!

Source also tells me that the Indiana Asst. they were referring to 2 days ago was Knight and not Seltzer!!!

[quote name="coachacola" post="991832" timestamp="1301708366"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=82332.msg991823#msg991823 date=1301707977]
Mizzou State is hiring Purdue asistant Paul Lusk I thought.
[/quote]

I think you're right.   >:(
[/quote]

Arrrrgh!!!!!  Bad word bad word bad word!!!!!!!  He has no place to go but LU!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Terry Evans says he's been offered to be Lon Kruger's assistant at OU and the LU job:

[quote]But Evans said he told Kruger to take the job and hire Evans onto his staff, a move which sources said OU officials would endorse.

“I would absolutely love it,” Evans said.

Evans played for Kruger during the 1990 U.S. Olympic Festival and said he mentioned that fact to OU athletic director Joe Castiglione.

But later Friday, Evans said he had been offered the head coaching job at Lamar University and was contemplating it.[/quote]

Which will he choose?

http://newsok.com/ucos-evans-weighing-lamars-offer/article/3554804

I dont want little knight....Big Knight might be a good one.

They should give it to Cross.  If he did a good job everyone would say....I knew it!  If he didnt .... hey we gave him a shot....no hard feelings we knew he was young.

I just cant forget that Lamar won against a knight coached TT team.  Talk about the X and O's of the game?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder