20-4A after 3 games

People from PN-G and Ned. both were boasting about being #1.I have very good friends from both places.This statement was not for anyone in particular.I just think it is just a good wake up call  for some folks.I realize it is very early in district and one of them may truly be the #1 team in this district.It just appears to me you sure hear it alot more from these two places than you do anywhere else.This is gonna be a great season for this district.It may be a little tougher than some people thought.lol.I really dont think it is the players making these comments at all. BTW, I am a die hard LC-M baseball fan!

I dont know about the PNG faithful being restless, but with the talent on this team, expectations are high. I missed the game tonight, but saw the Tuesday night game. I fully expect the Indians to rebound in a big way. No telling who will win district, but PNG, Nederland, LCM and Livingston will be in the playoffs. (A bold prediction from a casual fan!)

[quote name="Big Stick" post="985469" timestamp="1300504226"]
[glow=red,2,300]People from PN-G and Ned. both were boasting about being #1.[/glow]I have very good friends from both places.This statement was not for anyone in particular.I just think it is just a good wake up call  for some folks.I realize it is very early in district and one of them may truly be the #1 team in this district[glow=red,2,300].[glow=red,2,300]It just appears to me you sure hear it alot more from these two places than you do anywhere else.[/glow][/glow]This is gonna be a great season for this district.It may be a little tougher than some people thought.lol.I really dont think it is the players making these comments at all. BTW, I am a die hard LC-M baseball fan!
[/quote] I guess I missed the post about somebody from Nederland boasting about being number #1..Becuase we have not been #1 this entire season...

[quote name="Big Stick" post="985469" timestamp="1300504226"]
People from PN-G and Ned. both were boasting about being #1.I have very good friends from both places.This statement was not for anyone in particular.I just think it is just a good wake up call  for some folks.I realize it is very early in district and one of them may truly be the #1 team in this district.It just appears to me you sure hear it alot more from these two places than you do anywhere else.This is gonna be a great season for this district.It may be a little tougher than some people thought.lol.I really dont think it is the players making these comments at all. BTW, I am a die hard LC-M baseball fan!
[/quote]
still early in district there Bear fan. Congrats beating that jaugernaut Ozen team. PNG got beat by two quality teams so far. We'll see what happens. There is any 4 to five teams that could win district this year. I haven't seen any posts where PNG fans were boasting ??? Maybe they picked the NDNS to come in first, but not boasting.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="985611" timestamp="1300539027"]
[quote author=Big Stick link=topic=81974.msg985469#msg985469 date=1300504226]
[/quote]
still early in district there Bear fan. Congrats beating that jaugernaut Ozen team. PNG got beat by two quality teams so far. We'll see what happens. There is any 4 to five teams that could win district this year. I haven't seen any posts where PNG fans were boasting ??? Maybe they picked the NDNS to come in first, but not boasting.
[/quote]agree 100%

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="985611" timestamp="1300539027"]
[quote author=Big Stick link=topic=81974.msg985469#msg985469 date=1300504226]
[/quote]
still early in district there Bear fan. [color=red][font=Verdana][font=Verdana][u][b]Congrats beating that jaugernaut Ozen team.[/b][/u][/font][/font][/color] PNG got beat by two quality teams so far. We'll see what happens. There is any 4 to five teams that could win district this year. I haven't seen any posts where PNG fans were boasting ??? Maybe they picked the NDNS to come in first, but not boasting.
[/quote]

Well, if you can't beat the weaker team, its not likely you'll beat the stronger teams.

Agreed, but they had Vidor down 4-0 until the wheels came off in one inning and all of PNG's runs were off of errors. Pitching will only carry you so far.   I am not getting down on the kids, i am only saying that if they get the E's cleaned up the team can make a deep run.

[b]20-4A [/b]            
[b]Team          W     L[/b]      
LC-M           3     0      
Livingston    2     1      
Lumberton    2     1      
Vidor           2     1          
Nederland    2     1      
Ozen          1      2
Central        0     3      
PN-G           0     3    

[b]Friday Schedule[/b]
Livingston at Lumberton, 7:00 p.m.
Nederland at Beaumont Central, 7:00 p.m.
Port Neches-Groves at Beaumont Ozen, 7:00 p.m.
Vidor at Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:00 p.m.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="987201" timestamp="1300851894"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=81974.msg987184#msg987184 date=1300850885]
This has got to be tough for PNG and Coach Brevell, very good team and a great Coach, but right now they are just snake bit.
[/quote]

ditto
[/quote]
The start of this district race does ask the questions: Is PNG really as good as everyone thought? Is Livingston and Lumberton better than what most gave them credit for? I am not saying I know the answer, its just a question.. Yes I know it is still early to count PNG out, but it should couse some concerns for the purple... congrats to Ned for the win, looks like Ned got the errors under control, will they be able to keep the errors under control is the question... LCM still playing good consistent baseball and will be hard to beat if they continue to hit like they are and play good defense. Not sure when the last time 6 teams were this close for the hunt to the playoffs. Will make for an exciting 20-4a. Good luck to all teams

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder