2A    East Chambers      #11
      Kountze                #14

1A DI     Evadale           #2

1A DII    Spurger           #11

Teams that dropped out of polls:

3A   #6 Silsbee
      #21 Coldspring

1A DI  #17 West Sabine

Ozen, Kountze, Evadale and Spurger finish in final poll after not being in poll at end of regular season.

Where the €£^#¥? Is Nederland?
Ozen, #12, really? Let's review:

Nederland ranked 18, 19th most of the season. Ozen not ranked in top 25 all season (unless it was early).
Nederland beat Ozen TWICE!
Nederland beat Humble who finished 1st in their district. Ozen lost to Kingwood Park who was 2nd in that same district.
Nederland makes Reg tourney, makes it to 'Sweet 16'. Ozen loses one round earlier in round of 32.

Can ANYONE please explain this absurdity?

Who votes on this? Coaches? UIL? AP?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="984075" timestamp="1300329463"]
Where the €£^#¥? Is Nederland?
Ozen, #12, really? Let's review:

Nederland ranked 18, 19th most of the season. Ozen not ranked in top 25 all season (unless it was early).
Nederland beat Ozen TWICE!
Nederland beat Humble who finished 1st in their district. Ozen lost to Kingwood Park who was 2nd in that same district.
Nederland makes Reg tourney, makes it to 'Sweet 16'. Ozen loses one round earlier in round of 32.

Can ANYONE please explain this absurdity?

Who votes on this? Coaches? UIL? AP?

[/quote]

Dead on! Thats some major Hating going on.. wow.. And what about Silsbee? Same as Nederland.. Joke.. >:(

I'm surprised about Nederland, but they did lose pretty bad in regionals, but I thought they'd make the Top 25. 

I figured Silsbee wouldn't stay Top 25, I doubt there are any teams that lose in the 2nd round to make the final ranking list.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="984150" timestamp="1300364248"]
I'm surprised about Nederland, but they did lose pretty bad in regionals, but I thought they'd make the Top 25. 

I figured Silsbee wouldn't stay Top 25, [b]I doubt there are any teams that lose in the 2nd round to make the final ranking list. [/b] [/quote]

Teams that lost in 2nd round that finished in top 25

5A    San Antonio Churchill

4A    Houston Yates

2A    Marion

1A DI    Mumford
          Slocum

1A DII  Grady

Also, there are 16 3rd round losers that remain in top 25 polls.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="984175" timestamp="1300366960"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=81844.msg984150#msg984150 date=1300364248]

I figured Silsbee wouldn't stay Top 25, [b]I doubt there are any teams that lose in the 2nd round to make the final ranking list. [/b] [/quote]

Teams that lost in 2nd round that finished in top 25

5A    San Antonio Churchill

4A    Houston Yates

2A    Marion

1A DI    Mumford
          Slocum

1A DII  Grady

Also, there are 16 3rd round losers that remain in top 25 polls.
[/quote]

Who did those teams lose to and by how much?

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="984150" timestamp="1300364248"]

I figured Silsbee wouldn't stay Top 25, I doubt there are any teams that lose in the 2nd round to make the final ranking list.
[/quote]

Keep in mind that they lost to the (apparent) 3rd ranked team in the state. Does point differential really matter? Again, read my post above, allow it to sink in, and tell me how it's possible that anyone could come to that conclusion?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="984194" timestamp="1300368099"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=81844.msg984150#msg984150 date=1300364248]

[/quote]

Keep in mind that they lost to the (apparent) 3rd ranked team in the state. Does point differential really matter? Again, read my post above, allow it to sink in, and tell me how it's possible that anyone could come to that conclusion?
[/quote]

I don't know if you finished reading what I said, but let me repeat myself so maybe it can "sink in", that I thought they would made top 25, but getting beat pretty bad in the first round of regionals might have had something to do with it.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="984195" timestamp="1300368224"]
final polls are always a joke unless your crowned #1.
[/quote]

I know it's not going to matter (to us) 9 months from now, but those kids and Coach English deserve the recognition. And Bobcat, they beat Ozen (who was not ranked all season in top 25 until final poll) twice in district convincingly, made it one round deeper, beat Humble (who won their district). Ozen lost to KW Park (who finished 2nd in that same district). Points don't matter. Kimball beat LaMarque by 15 or so in the final...so what? You didn't see them slip 6 or more spots like Nederland did, yet Ozen jumps (at least 14 spots)????

Why are you trying to convince me they should be ranked, I've already said (three times now) that I thought they should, I was just giving a reason on why that might not have been.

Look at 1A Evadale, lost in the semis of the state tourny, yet in the final polls they are #2. What about the team that actually made it to the finals?  They got beat pretty bad, so because Evadale played the champs pretty dang close, I'd [i]GUESS [/i] that's why they are ranked over the team that actually made it to the finals of state. 
I could be wrong, but ----

NEDERLAND SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE TOP 25!!!

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="984230" timestamp="1300371244"]
Why are you trying to convince me they should be ranked, I've already said (three times now) that I thought they should, I was just giving a reason on why that might not have been.

Look at 1A Evadale, lost in the semis of the state tourny, yet in the final polls they are #2. What about the team that actually made it to the finals?  They got beat pretty bad, so because Evadale played the champs pretty dang close, I'd [i]GUESS [/i] that's why they are ranked over the team that actually made it to the finals of state. 
I could be wrong, but ----

NEDERLAND SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE TOP 25!!! [/quote]Bobcat, I wish you wouldn't be so evasive.... Just what are your feelings regarding Nederland?  C'mon, Man!  Get off the fence!  ;)

Im still waiting for the guys to realize they typed in the wrong team from District 20-4A.. They need to look a little higher on the district standings list, maybe look at the one at the top, then change the name ;)

If that happened, I would at least understand and we can blame the secretary for the misprint, not the coaches for being stupid on this poll

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="984054" timestamp="1300327490"]
Posted up at top of forum.

Local teams that made final rankings:

4A    Bmt. Ozen     #12

3A    Hardin-Jefferson  #11
       Cleveland            #14

2A    East Chambers      #11
       Kountze                #14

1A DI     Evadale           #2

1A DII    Spurger           #11

4A   #18 Nederland

3A   #6 Silsbee
       #21 Coldspring

1A DI  #17 West Sabine

Ozen, Kountze, Evadale and Spurger finish in final poll after not being in poll at end of regular season.
[/quote]

I realize unless you win state these rankings don't mean a thing, but in my opinion, they didn't quite get the rankings right in regards to our Southeast Texas teams.  It's obvious these rankings are based on a school's performance in the playoffs but that doesn't reflect their entire body of work.  I tend to take a team's season long performance into account as opposed to a possible one & done format where any team can win on any given night.  I would have Silsbee #5, HJ #7 & Cleveland #10 - I realize my rankings don't hold any more water than the TABC ratings but thought I would try & offer a more accurate depiction. 

[quote name="bmrm" post="985426" timestamp="1300502242"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81844.msg984054#msg984054 date=1300327490]
Posted up at top of forum.

Local teams that made final rankings:

4A    Bmt. Ozen     #12

3A    Hardin-Jefferson  #11
       Cleveland            #14

2A    East Chambers      #11
       Kountze                #14

1A DI     Evadale           #2

1A DII    Spurger           #11

4A   #18 Nederland

3A   #6 Silsbee
       #21 Coldspring

1A DI  #17 West Sabine

[/quote]

I realize unless you win state these rankings don't mean a thing, but in my opinion, they didn't quite get the rankings right in regards to our Southeast Texas teams.  It's obvious these rankings are based on a school's performance in the playoffs but that doesn't reflect their entire body of work.  I tend to take a team's season long performance into account as opposed to a possible one & done format where any team can win on any given night.  I would have Silsbee #5, HJ #7 & Cleveland #10 - I realize my rankings don't hold any more water than the TABC ratings but thought I would try & offer a more accurate depiction.   
[/quote]

I meant to say in regards to our "3A" Southeast Texas teams. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83