**EVADALE vs. EULA Broadcast**/ STATE SEMIS....EULA WINS/COMMENTS

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WordMan2" post="981883" timestamp="1299955824"]
Regardless of whether or not the refs got it right or wrong in the final two seconds, the Rebels blew an 8 point lead and thats where the accountability lies.  I really dont like it when people just blame the refs without putting it all into context.
[/quote]agreed. If the dale wouldn't have let them back in the ball game they wouldn't of had to worry about the buzzer beater 

Regardless of whether or not the refs got it right or wrong in the final two seconds, the Rebels blew an 8 point lead and thats where the accountability lies.  I really dont like it when people just blame the refs without putting it all into context.
[/quote] You must be one of those guys that walk in to the end of a conversation and know everthing that was talked about.. You need to go back and read alittle more. I think everyone has said that Evadale let EULA back into the game by blowing a 8 point game, But They should have been given the chance to finish the game UNDER the Rules That Say A quater is 8:00 min. and not 8:01.... Its all water under the bridge, But those three Ref Blew that game for those kids..

[/quote]I disagree...the accountability is to make calls or no-calls that will not directly effect the outcome of the game.  The refs keep law and order not prematurely end the game.  An 8 point lead was blown for sure, but as someone said earlier the Rebs overcame a 9pt deficit early in the game but the game was not called, they played the game all the way through...Problem is, this game still had Over Time minutes to be played.
Both teams put themselves in a position to win it very late, fact is, neither team nailed it down in regulation.  It would seem that any one of the Refs could have called a huddle and overturned the basket.  But when the dust settled, Eula left with a State Championship and Evadale left wondering "what if"...we'll never know. 

I was at the game and the refs did blow the call at the end.  No call on the travel and he DID NOT get the shot off.  With that being said the refs were not 1 sided with their calls.  Shot selection was not very good in the second half.  2 of the big post players for Evadale played very well but the third fouled out and had less points than fouls.  I've heard all along how if Murphy hits some 3s then Evadale will win because the 3 inside players will dominate.  Well.....Murphy hit his shots.  Evadale represented Southeast Texas very well.  Very proud of them.

I am out in the Abilene area not more than 75 miles from Clyde where Eula is from. The Alilene paper is of course full of the championship for the Pirates. I have seen the paper from Thur - Sun and there is of course plenty of "game winning shot" memtioned frrom the local papers here about the shot that beat the Rebels, but not one word about the fact that the shot never got off in time. I applaude Eula for winning, but I will always feel cheated that the Rebels did not at least have the opportunity to win or lose in an overtime that should have happened.

[quote name="no-look" post="982306" timestamp="1300058049"]
I talked to one of the refs that helped work the tourney.....After watching the game film he said there was a travel......but the shot was good.....
[/quote] Then the guy must not have seen the picture that is all over. It is clear that the ball is still in the players hand and the lights or on ,on the back board at the far end of the court. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150107622030642&set=a.170884090641.121349.552365641&ref=nf

[quote name="True Blue" post="982312" timestamp="1300058518"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=81492.msg982306#msg982306 date=1300058049]
I talked to one of the refs that helped work the tourney.....After watching the game film he said there was a travel......but the shot was good.....
[/quote] Then the guy must not have seen the picture that is all over. It is clear that the ball is still in the players hand and the lights or on ,on the back board at the far end of the court. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150107622030642&set=a.170884090641.121349.552365641&ref=nf
[/quote]Just going by what he told me......frankly I dont see how you can get two passes off and a shot with 2.7 sec....I felt really bad for the Evadale kids......I tried to access the link but cant get it...

[quote name="no-look" post="982306" timestamp="1300058049"]
[/quote]

Well, I personally have seen 3 different videos of the last shot, all have the player not getting the shot off in time. In fact, it wasn't even close.

But, that's how it goes sometimes, officials do miss calls every now and then.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="982347" timestamp="1300064954"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=81492.msg982306#msg982306 date=1300058049]
[/quote]

Well, I personally have seen 3 different videos of the last shot, all have the player not getting the shot off in time. In fact, it wasn't even close.

But, that's how it goes sometimes, officials do miss calls every now and then.
[/quote]Well, I will hammer my ref buddy......just going by what he told me....

To all Rebel fans, I just finished my article for this weeks Buna Beacon, but I would like to give you a quote from the Eula coach that was in Friday's edition of the Abilene Reporter News that sums this whole situation.

Josh Fostel said, "It was a tough way to lose a game, and Evadale didn't deserve to lose. My heart goes out to them. They played great all day."

Not reading anything into his statement and I know that Coach Williams would have said something simular if the shoe had been on the other foot. All I know is that I plan to send a letter to the UIL once I can be a little more objective and tell them that in the future with all the technology available today that something like this never needs to happen again. It would have taken so little time to check a video replay and get this one right. I did not say that the Rebels would have won in overtime, the outcome could have been the same, but all I know for sure is that we will never know as the Rebels did not get the opportunity to even try. That is what will be hard to ever let go!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="982396" timestamp="1300077970"]
To all Rebel fans, I just finished my article for this weeks Buna Beacon, but I would like to give you a quote from the Eula coach that was in Friday's edition of the Abilene Reporter News that sums this whole situation.

Josh Fostel said, "It was a tough way to lose a game, and Evadale didn't deserve to lose. My heart goes out to them. They played great all day."

Not reading anything into his statement and I know that Coach Williams would have said something simular if the shoe had been on the other foot. All I know is that I plan to send a letter to the UIL once I can be a little more objective and tell them that in the future with all the technology available today that something like this never needs to happen again. It would have taken so little time to check a video replay and get this one right. I did not say that the Rebels would have won in overtime, the outcome could have been the same, but all I know for sure is that we will never know as the Rebels did not get the opportunity to even try. That is what will be hard to ever let go!
[/quote]
Very well said

This is 2011 and there are cameras everywere, and as I said earlier there are judgment calls that half of the people will fell that were wrong. But this call was black and white. Eather he got the shot off or not. How long would it have took to go look at the film? And then they could have seen the ball in the players hand, with the score board in the back ground lite up. Then they put 4 min. on the clock and the players deside the out come of the game. This game was a game of runs. and with it being tied eather team could have won that game.

[quote name="True Blue" post="982483" timestamp="1300122214"]
This is 2011 and there are cameras everywere, and as I said earlier there are judgment calls that half of the people will fell that were wrong. But this call was black and white. Eather he got the shot off or not. How long would it have took to go look at the film? And then they could have seen the ball in the players hand, with the score board in the back ground lite up. Then they put 4 min. on the clock and the players deside the out come of the game. This game was a game of runs. and with it being tied eather team could have won that game.
[/quote]For once I totally agree with you Mr Blue!!!    [b]100%[/b]

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="980826" timestamp="1299792135"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81492.msg980773#msg980773 date=1299788365]
Sad way to lose but you cant blame the refs if you let them back into the game
[/quote]

Evadale was whistled to death!
[/quote]
Thought that you weren't there!

[quote name="whsalum" post="981514" timestamp="1299895246"]
Unless something has changed over the past 3 years officials are graded with only the very best getting the opportunity to call any of the playoff games.By the time you they reach the state tourney you are looking at the best in the state.Regardless of which game you watched at the Drum half the fans left unhappy.Laurence pretty well summed it up in his news conference when he said shot selection down the stretch probably hurt the Rebels.Personally I would rather have the players who will step up and take the shots in critical situations than those who don't want the ball.This group should be proud of their season,it was a great one !!
[/quote]
WHSalum, before they went to this "crew" crap instead of individual officals on their own merit, there were some good officials from right here in Bmt area (Eddie King, Greg Garrett, Kelly Touchet) that did top notch work @ the boys state tourney (or one of them may have been in the girls instead). I think they worked the 5A final on TV also if I remember right. Now with crews, there is 1 good official & 2 drag-alongs and it doesn't do the teams in the tourney justice. I think the UIL is headed in the wrong direction.

WELL...I have been waiting to comment until I could read all threads...I had heard that there was some question about the last second shot..so...........................

1)  Congrats Coach Williams on a fine job...You will finally get the credit you deserve for being one of the best in the area....

2)  Same to the kids who played....when you put on the stripes  you lose you right to cheer for any team except when they go to state..I was pulling foryou guys all the way

3) I know it doesn't make you feel any better...but those refs are the best in the state....but being human they make mistakes...hopefully soon they will use video replay in situations like this.

4) 12 Crews get to Austin..only six get to call on Saturday....These guys were not sent packing...however...they will be reviewed by other REFS...and that determines who gets the championship games.

5) IF THEY MISSED THE CALL NO ONE FEELS WORSE THAN THEY DO

Guest speechless
they did not get championship games on saturday

and

how come no one is talking about how the kid who made the pass packed his bags and took a trip to Jamaica he traveled so bad

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83