20 4A All District Team

[quote name="BigRed42" post="978703" timestamp="1299438532"]
I'm guessing the only reason Kelvin isn't on the 1st team is because he won MVP, right?
[/quote]

Its understood that the guys that get MVP, Offensive POY, Defensive POY, and Newcomer of the Year are 1st team ;) I bet that was an easy pick for MVP between the coaches

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="979075" timestamp="1299522223"]
Central brought up those JV players and made district selection. Interesting.
[/quote]Yes.  They did quite well.  One of them will be back for 2 more years!

BTW, K. Smith from Nederland was a beast for Nederland.  I remember asking people, who is the OTHER tall kid?  Because he is nice.  Great to see him get the recognization he deserves. 

Doty was the vocal point of all of the teams defensive stragy.  They say, 'all you have to do is stop Doty and you win.  Easier said than done.  This kid put up numbers against defenses specifically called to stop him.  Impressive from a 2 star athlete.

Ieans showed everyone in district what 6'8" can do.  He played great defense. 

Coach English shows once again that he is the best coach in this district.  He knows his x's and o's big time.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="979095" timestamp="1299525904"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81329.msg979075#msg979075 date=1299522223]
Central brought up those JV players and made district selection. Interesting.
[/quote]Yes.  They did quite well.  One of them will be back for 2 more years!

BTW, K. Smith from Nederland was a beast for Nederland.  I remember asking people, who is the OTHER tall kid?  Because he is nice.  Great to see him get the recognization he deserves. 

Doty was the vocal point of all of the teams defensive stragy.  They say, 'all you have to do is stop Doty and you win.  Easier said than done.  This kid put up numbers against defenses specifically called to stop him.  Impressive from a 2 star athlete.

Ieans showed everyone in district what 6'8" can do.  He played great defense. 

Coach English shows once again that he is the best coach in this district.  He knows his x's and o's big time.
[/quote]And you' may be stuck another year with your Central coach. ;D

These are just a few things i find wrong about this years all disrict selections:
(1) How come the entire Ozen starting [b]5[/b] makes the list , but the 14-0 Ditrict Champs Nederland  only get [b]3[/b] !?!?!?
(2) Speaking of Ozen, how does a kid([b]Green[/b]) get 1st team  even though he doesnt play the entire second half of district. 2nd team at best, he aint no senior.
(3) Since we r on the Ozen topic still,  Ieans (Defensive Player of The Year)......Really?!?  This kid couldnt hold his own against any post in this district and this ditrict aint known anymore for good post play. (only Nederland had some)
(4)To the Vidor(supposedly gonna win district with that great 19-0 start) Story, this team finishes in the rock bottom of this district and gets 2 kids in the 1st team. Williamson is a great player and kid, but his numbers were way down from previous years....so i say second team at best. Mancebo was the real threat for vidor, so i do give credit for putting him 1st team.
(5) Even dang Central got more picks than Nederland, Central cant even win a playoff game. Go figure that one out?
(6)Livingston now, they get 3 ([b]sophmore[/b]) picks, hell nederland cant even get more picks than a team that didnt make the playoffs. We can agree that Zach English(soph) is a better player than 2 of those kids.
(7)Too many under classmen on this list, u gotta give it to kids that this is there last chance at making it then the juniors come up and so on and so forth. Like, Mike Mitchell  (2nd team) or  Josh Wagner (Defensive MVP) Wagner shut down a lot of good guards this year.

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="979388" timestamp="1299555701"]
These are just a few things i find wrong about this years all disrict selections:
(1) How come the entire Ozen starting [b]5[/b] makes the list , but the 14-0 Ditrict Champs Nederland  only get [b]3[/b] !?!?!?
(2) Speaking of Ozen, how does a kid([b]Green[/b]) get 1st team  even though he doesnt play the entire second half of district. 2nd team at best, he aint no senior.
(3) Since we r on the Ozen topic still,  Ieans (Defensive Player of The Year)......Really?!?  This kid couldnt hold his own against any post in this district and this ditrict aint known anymore for good post play. (only Nederland had some)
(4)To the Vidor(supposedly gonna win district with that great 19-0 start) Story, this team finishes in the rock bottom of this district and gets 2 kids in the 1st team. Williamson is a great player and kid, but his numbers were way down from previous years....so i say second team at best. Mancebo was the real threat for vidor, so i do give credit for putting him 1st team.
(5) Even dang Central got more picks than Nederland, Central cant even win a playoff game. Go figure that one out?
(6)Livingston now, they get 3 ([b]sophmore[/b]) picks, heck nederland cant even get more picks than a team that didnt make the playoffs. We can agree that Zach English(soph) is a better player than 2 of those kids.
(7)Too many under classmen on this list, u gotta give it to kids that this is there last chance at making it then the juniors come up and so on and so forth. Like, Mike Mitchell  (2nd team) or  Josh Wagner (Defensive MVP) Wagner shut down a lot of good guards this year.
[/quote]First of all, I commend you for some good points.  At the same time, you have some extremely silly points here.  First of all, This is about awards based on players.  Nederland was a great all around team.  Nederland had a few really good players that carried this team...  (Forney, Smith, Cunningham, and Mitchell).  The rest of the players (with the exception of the Freshman) would not start on any of the other 3 playoff teams.

Central had stud players.  Maybe not a good 'team' or good coaching, but great players. 

Ozen had Ieans. You talk as if he wasn't a good defensive player, but I bet my check he led this district in blocked shots or altered shots.  He's the tallest kid in district and always gets his hands on shots or layups.  Ozen also had a team full of playmakers.  Another thing while I remember.  Central and Ozen had players on their team that can create their own shot, making them good.  Whereas PN-G had Doty that could do this, Central and Ozen had plenty.  Ozen's Green did miss a lot of games, but he is on the top tier of good players in this district.  I think it was good that he was on the list.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="979466" timestamp="1299592603"]
[quote author=#1 Manager link=topic=81329.msg979388#msg979388 date=1299555701]
(6)Livingston now, they get 3 ([b]sophmore[/b]) picks, heck nederland cant even get more picks than a team that didnt make the playoffs. We can agree that Zach English(soph) is a better player than 2 of those kids.
[/quote]First of all, I commend you for some good points.  At the same time, you have some extremely silly points here.  First of all, This is about awards based on players.  Nederland was a great all around team.  Nederland had a few really good players that carried this team...  (Forney, Smith, Cunningham, and Mitchell).  The rest of the players (with the exception of the Freshman) would not start on any of the other 3 playoff teams.

Central had stud players.  Maybe not a good 'team' or good coaching, but great players. 

Ozen had Ieans. You talk as if he wasn't a good defensive player, but I bet my check he led this district in blocked shots or altered shots.  He's the tallest kid in district and always gets his hands on shots or layups.  Ozen also had a team full of playmakers.  Another thing while I remember.  Central and Ozen had players on their team that can create their own shot, making them good.  Whereas PN-G had Doty that could do this, Central and Ozen had plenty.  Ozen's Green did miss a lot of games, but he is on the top tier of good players in this district.  I think it was good that he was on the list.
[/quote]Hmmm? SOME PEOPLE  ::) on this forum feel creating your own shot isn't that important. But standing still and shooting an underhand set shot is more challenging. :D

I know who that was directed at.  If you have several players who can create their own shot, I wonder if sharing the ball might become an issue.  Additionally, many of those "created" shots are not necessarily good shots and I see nothing wrong with a shot being "created" via a team effort.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="979466" timestamp="1299592603"]

[/quote]

All i hear about in this post from u soulja is that Central had "studs" ::) and Ozen had players that could create their own shot. But still both those teams couldnt beat Nederland, so your points lack a lot of basketball knowledge. Plus tell me again how Centrals playoff run was with those studs?!?!? :D  Secondly, Kelvin Smith easily lead the district in blocked shots, if this Ieans kid is so good why couldnt shut down REAL posts like Kelvin and Dionte. If he is as good as u say  why cant he shut down a true post(not those weak boy post in our district). Finally it takes good players to win ditrict so that coment bout these awards being based on good players. You might want to think before u type. Last but not least soulja, central let a fat, lazy kid(Dionte) dunk on them. ;D  End, Done, Game Over, Close the Book!!!!!

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="979899" timestamp="1299646892"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81329.msg979466#msg979466 date=1299592603]

[/quote]

All i hear about in this post from u soulja is that Central had "studs" ::) and Ozen had players that could create their own shot. But still both those teams couldnt beat Nederland, so your points lack a lot of basketball knowledge. Plus tell me again how Centrals playoff run was with those studs?!?!? :D  Secondly, Kelvin Smith easily lead the district in blocked shots, if this Ieans kid is so good why couldnt shut down REAL posts like Kelvin and Dionte. If he is as good as u say  why cant he shut down a true post(not those weak boy post in our district). Finally it takes good players to win ditrict so that coment bout these awards being based on good players. You might want to think before u type. Last but not least soulja, central let a fat, lazy kid(Dionte) dunk on them. ;D  End, Done, Game Over, Close the Book!!!!!
[/quote]

;D Uh oh Soulja

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="979899" timestamp="1299646892"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81329.msg979466#msg979466 date=1299592603]

[/quote]

[/quote]It's really funny.  I did give Nederland props.  If you read closely above, you will see the points I've made about Nederland.  But you seem to have 'selective listening', which is what women do (very common trait among women, which I'm pretty sure your not a woman but that don't stop you from having those tendencies).  But I will entertain your foolishness once again, since you seem to have feminine hormones..

1. Nederland IS a good overall TEAM with good coaching as shown by winning district again and a deep playoff run.

2. Those other 2 starting non superstars of Nederland would NOT start for Central or Ozen.

3. Any one of Central or Ozen's starters would start for Nederland basketball.

4. K. Smith from Nederland is a good defensive player, so is J. Ieans from Ozen.  But to say that you give more props for a kid not blocking another big man's shot vs. overall blocked shots shows your basketball incompentance.  I want the guy that's throwing everything comming his way and altering every shot every time.  I really don't care if he blocks small kid's shots. 

5. Central got bounced in the first round because of poor coaching decisions down the stretch.  (we were up double digits most of the game)

6. Being able to 'create your own shot' gets you in D-1 colleges...

7. Central have made the playoffs in basketball EVERY year in 4a and almost every year in 5a (I believe we did not miss in 5a either).  How many times  have Nederland made the playoffs last decade?  The decade before that?  The decade before that? 

8.  You can tell (you) a team that have not had much prior basketball success by the silly comments that you spout out.

NOW, back to your regularly scheduled program...

KELVIN proably should have won def. player of the year, but he won the mvp of the district. which made it where he couldnt win the def player of the year. ieans was the next best available. dont ask like forney did anything this year like he did last year. nederland had the best team and the best coach which aloud them to go 14-0 in district. some of the seniors that people might have mention or want to mention, be honest are weak. they might be role players and that is it. i feel that the coaches made some good choice even though they might not be the most popular choice like the green pick. every team in this district trade one of their starters for david green.

[quote name="desethion" post="979939" timestamp="1299678339"]
KELVIN proably should have won def. player of the year, but he won the mvp of the district. which made it where he couldnt win the def player of the year. ieans was the next best available. dont ask like forney did anything this year like he did last year. nederland had the best team and the best coach which aloud them to go 14-0 in district. some of the seniors that people might have mention or want to mention, be honest are weak. they might be role players and that is it. i feel that the coaches made some good choice even though they might not be the most popular choice like the green pick. every team in this district trade one of their starters for david green.
[/quote]I agree completely...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83