Hitting coach in Mid County

Kart 31

I don't know Mr. Bardin, but MIF04 is a creditable source of information. Jeremy Green, I watched many years in high school, solid hitter on his own.

If I was going to spend my money or my parents $$, it would be at the Zone with Sam Moore. Not only will you get the most up to date hitting instructions, you will be a little tougher under the skin.

Disclaimer. He is blood

• 1 month later...

do you people honestly believe these guys are going to be able to make you/your kids hitter(s)?

ive been coachin baseball for a long time, and have never seen parents just throw money at these guys without getting much in return. what have these guys select teams ever won? not much...  these guys are way over-hyped.

just because someone can/used to do something well doesnt mean that they are going to be able to teach someone else to do it well... not everyone is a good teacher.

Obviously, Yahtzee has had a bad day (maybe experience?) with a hitting instructor.  He claims to be a coach (which begs the question:  what has HE ever won?) but I digress...

In my opinion, the best 'teachers' are Matt Thompson, David Huggins, JR Bardin and Blake Justice.  Each of them have solid baseball resumes that include playing and coaching at the professional/college levels.  Their team has 'won' -- i.e., USA Jr. Olympics Championship (which is the biggest tourney nation-wide hands down).  They compete in every major national event and compete well.  But really...you don't want a coach to just 'win', you want them to teach your kid and make your kid a better player.  That is what 'select' is (and should be) all about.  This group of coaches have taught and developed an entire group of kids that have gone to play at the next level.  Last year's group had 2 guys drafted and 10 that have college scholarships.  This year's group already has 6 college scholarships...and the season hasn't even started yet (much less the draft).

This group isn't exclusive.  There are a lot of good teachers around the area.  I just hold the opinion that they're the best.  I'm not sure why Yahtzee has this particular burr under his saddle but I respectfully disagree...

MIF I dont have a problem with hitting/pitching coaches/teachers. I have a problem with some of the "coaches/teachers" many people had listed. I know David Huggins and agree that he does a great job. But guys like Morgan Walker are a joke. Not just him, and no I dont have a personal vendetta against just him. Notice I said guys LIKE him.

Oh and this is not about me, but since YOU brought it up. I do coach, and have be successful to this point. Just last year my team won the USSSA 15U AAA State Championship. So now I'm sure you wont have any problems finding out who I am, but now does that really matter anyways?

Adminbaberuth, I beg to differ on you comment. No hitting coach is better than having one that is teaching you the wrong thing to do. Or one that tries to make all "his" hitters hit the same way. It's impossible to do that.

Oh and by the way, when is signups for babe ruth for this year?

Adminbaberuth, I beg to differ on you comment. No hitting coach is better than having one that is teaching you the wrong thing to do. Or one that tries to make all "his" hitters hit the same way. It's impossible to do that.

Oh and by the way, when is signups for babe ruth for this year?

Yahtzee, I can agree, but who says one instructor has all the answers. Most teachers don't try to invent the wheel, they copy like most of us in what ever profession we choose.

Hey, signups of course will be in early May, 1st pitch when those Bulldogs finish their season, hopefully in Austin.

Of those 3, Bardin by a long shot.  Not even close.  If nothing else, it is worth it to work thru the swing on his computer programs which are 'state of the art'.  Good luck.

"Not even close" you say, I gotta meet this guy. Where does he train ? Do you have a number ? I'm serious.

Don't know Bardin but I do know Sam Moore and this guy is loaded with baseball knowledge. Sam is known for working the kids pretty hard so he may not be for everyone..................Only those who are serious about the game. 

Kart....The site that pngbbfan listed above is oustanding for learning the swing and being able to utilize it for your son and or daughter. You can send clips and review clips of others as well as a huge library of major league hitters. It's an oustanding education as far as learning the elite level swing.

http://www.hittingillustrated.com/forum/

Swingbuilder

Guest BCcard

Bardin's computer program is wonderful.  It is amazing how it can be broken down for each player.  Totally amazing to see him work with the batter and how they can see thier own swing in stages.    Definately "state of the art".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder