Nederland vs. Huntsville Game Thread/Nederland advances!

WOSgrad

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was one of the most exciting games I have watched in a long time.  Still things to work out and improve on.  The electricity from the crowd was unbelievable.  Congrats to our DOGS and Coach English for a job well done.  Lets get ready for round 3.  Behind you all the way boys.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="972947" timestamp="1298700245"]
GREAT GREAT GREAT inbounds play drawn up by coach English, executed to perfection!!! Proud of all the bulldogs......and with a finish like this, Cunningham YOU THE MAN!!!

Proud to be a Bulldog fan.
[/quote]

No Doubt ..... Good job Cunningham!!!!!!

[quote name="5 on 5" post="972947" timestamp="1298700245"]
GREAT GREAT GREAT inbounds play drawn up by coach English, executed to perfection!!! Proud of all the bulldogs......and with a finish like this, Cunningham YOU THE MAN!!!

[/quote]

I haven't seen that inbounds play all season. Guess coach English was waiting for the right time to implement it. He put Cunningham in perfect position..

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="972961" timestamp="1298700999"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=80935.msg972947#msg972947 date=1298700245]

[/quote]

I haven't seen that inbounds play all season. Guess coach English was waiting for the right time to implement it. He put Cunningham in perfect position..
[/quote]

Coach English is the coach you want on your bench in this type situation, with the game on the line. He makes in-game situational adjustments better than any other coach around.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="972985" timestamp="1298702560"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=80935.msg972961#msg972961 date=1298700999]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=80935.msg972947#msg972947 date=1298700245]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Coach English is the coach you want on your bench in this type situation, with the game on the line. He makes in-game situational adjustments better than any other coach around.
[/quote]

I agree. He's demonstrated that all year. I hope it continues.

[quote name="baddog" post="973007" timestamp="1298721123"]
What were the circumstances of Huntsville's last possession....the turnover with 8 seconds left? Was it a steal or did they throw it away, travel, double dribble......?
[/quote]

Although Nederland had a man on him, the kid just lost the ball going across midcourt and the ball went out of bounds.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="973006" timestamp="1298717804"]
The inbounds play is a play we always run when we inbound the ball closer to our goal with an extra screen thrown in for Cunn. Give credit to Wagner for not panicking on the inbound. Also Dionte played great tonight especially when we needed him most with that bucket with 7 seconds left to tie it.
[/quote]

That was NOT their normal in-bounds play from there. The pass is usually made in the back court. Since there were only 3.5 secs left, the pass HAD to go to the front court for a shot.

[quote name="bulldog81" post="973046" timestamp="1298731401"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=80935.msg973007#msg973007 date=1298721123]
What were the circumstances of Huntsville's last possession....the turnover with 8 seconds left? Was it a steal or did they throw it away, travel, double dribble......?
[/quote]

Although Nederland had a man on him, the kid just lost the ball going across midcourt and the ball went out of bounds.
[/quote]hard way to go out for that kid

Great game for the dogs!  Need to do a better job blocking out as they face bigger guys. 

Would like to know why the team traveled on a school bus instead of a charter bus like other sports have done ???  Seems like it would be safer especially after a tiring emotional win...It is bound to tire out the coach who is driving...then you add the fog.  Just curious.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="973174" timestamp="1298745622"]
Great game for the dogs!  Need to do a better job blocking out as they face bigger guys.   

Would like to know why the team traveled on a school bus instead of a charter bus like other sports have done ???  Seems like it would be safer especially after a tiring emotional win...It is bound to tire out the coach who is driving...then you add the fog.  Just curious.
[/quote]why would the coach be driving? NED doesnt have bus drivers?

Nobody uses charters in NISD anymore...the football team rode the yellow dogs for their playoff game as well...NISD much like many districts in Texas are facing tight financial times and cutting out the charter busses is one cost cutting measure that has been implemented this year

[quote name="Scooter!" post="973161" timestamp="1298744580"]
[quote author=bulldog81 link=topic=80935.msg973046#msg973046 date=1298731401]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=80935.msg973007#msg973007 date=1298721123]
[/quote]

[/quote]hard way to go out for that kid
[/quote]You never forget that.  I was setting up the last play on a tie game with 10 seconds to go in a tournament championship game about 52 years ago ( ;)), and fell asleep on my defender who stole the ball right out from under me and took it in for a layup to win the game.

As you can tell, its sort of hard to forget.

I believe the new criteria is 2 hours plus road trip. Many more changes coming in School Athletics including a [b]proposed[/b] pay to play, eliminating Sports that do not make money, lower grade Sports. [color=red]How much money did you make last year, thanks send it in.[/color] What the h#*l happen to all the Lotto money we were suppose to get for School Funding.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami