Lamar vs NDSU Series Update Thread....Cards Sweep!

My eyes don't lie either. Sit on your butt. I'll go to the games. It's easy to look at a bunch of numbers and make up your mind about a team. It's too much effort to drive to the ballpark and watch a few games for some people. Going to the games is called support. Why do you care what LAMAR does? Are you a fan? Or do you just like to b#tch?

Guest baseball25
I'm a college baseball fan that wishes Lamar would play the teams they use to play, I've been around the game all my life and played at the d1 level but to see lamar play these type of teams is uncalled for bec 7-10 yrs ago this program was on the rise, I hope Lamar wins 40 plus games this yr but atleast play some descent programs that can prepare ur team down the road, other southland teams do it so why can't Lamar!!! I am talking about weekend series not midweek games either!! I am not going to go sit and watch lamar play a team like this...I am sorry I want to see lamar play some tougher competition and then i'll go watch some good baseball!!

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2010/schedule/North%20Dakota%20State
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2009/schedule/North%20Dakota%20State
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2008/schedule/North%20Dakota%20State
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2007/schedule/North%20Dakota%20State

[quote name="basketball25" post="974332" timestamp="1298948423"]
I'm a college baseball fan that wishes Lamar would play the teams they use to play, I've been around the game all my life and played at the d1 level but to see lamar play these type of teams is uncalled for bec 7-10 yrs ago this program was on the rise, I hope Lamar wins 40 plus games this yr but atleast play some descent programs that can prepare ur team down the road, other southland teams do it so why can't Lamar!!! I am talking about weekend series not midweek games either!!
[/quote]

exactly what part of  one run games or extra innings is not preparing your team?...be happy they won

I'm telling you that they were a decent team. Fundamentally sound. No, they are not a great team, but they competed. I really didn't see much difference from them and other SLC teams.

I think last year's schedule prepared us well enough to win the conference tournament. I would love to see us playing and beating the top teams we used to play and beat. I think we can get back to those days. I think a renovation of Vincent-Beck would do wonders for LAMAR baseball. Let's hope it happens soon.

What basketball means is Southeastern LA played a series against Tulane at home.. and a full series on the road at Florida International. Sam Houston played a series at Tulane.. Also play Nebraska twice and Michigan. A&M Corpus played at UT.

And so on.. Big difference.

[quote name="AJ25" post="974383" timestamp="1298953608"]
What basketball means is Southeastern LA played a series against Tulane at home.. and a full series on the road at Florida International. Sam Houston played a series at Tulane.. Also play Nebraska twice and Michigan. A&M Corpus played at UT.

And so on.. Big difference.
[/quote]

I believe Lamar played at Miss. State the weekend before for a couple of games. They have N. Mex.State, Cal-State Northridge and the U of San Francisco coming in for a tournament this weekend. I think it will be some interesting baseball. Ya'll just stay at home and look at your rpi's, b#tch, and moan about LAMAR's schedule.

It seems that Gilligan is happy to schedule the lesser teams and pad his win total.  This program isn't what it used to be.  The rest of the conference is either catching up with us, or has passed us up.  There was a time when we were head and shoulders above the rest of this conference....now we are becoming a small spot in their rearview mirrors.  

I agree that NDSU was very competitiive with us this weekend....but I think that says more about how poorly Lamar played rather than how well NDSU played.  We will again end up fighting to make the conference tourney this year.  But I doubt LU will catch lightning in a bottle like last year's tourney.

And yes, I go to all the games.  I have had season tickets for years.   I read the stats, but I learn with my eyes.   Recruiting for LU has been on  the decline for several years.  I am not impressed.  Haven't been for 3 years.

LU Baseball Fan seems like your a bitter fan!! I am a big time Lamar Baseball fan but where are the good lamar teams like the good ole days? I wish we had the Millars, Avens, Amborts, Delomes,Stantons,Greens, Grays, and etc but lamar doesn't anymore so who's fault is that? and I feel that everything he is saying is 90 percent right, no reason to be bitter, by the way why isn't your son playing this yr?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics