Astros @ Phillies Series

Guest jhamilton

Guest jhamilton
Got my tickets for opening day and hope just maybe they can improve over last year. I am high on Joran Lyles the pitcher but still not conviced that Wallace is the answer at first.

I agree with both of you, Wallace is going to be the man at first base. Looks like Bullpen by committee but it seems the bullpen by committee has worked for clubs like the Rays and other teams like that. The key will be for the bats to get going at the start. I am worried about going to Philly though to face the gauntlet of Halladay, Oswalt, Lee, or Hamels (any combo of the 3 is deadly). Fast start is the key though. Hopefully some of the new guys (Barmes and Hall) will play well from the get go.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Astros7" post="973997" timestamp="1298906014"]
I agree with both of you, Wallace is going to be the man at first base. Looks like Bullpen by committee but it seems the bullpen by committee has worked for clubs like the Rays and other teams like that. The key will be for the bats to get going at the start. I am worried about going to Philly though to face the gauntlet of Halladay, Oswalt, Lee, or Hamels (any combo of the 3 is deadly). Fast start is the key though. Hopefully some of the new guys (Barmes and Hall) will play well from the get go.
[/quote]
Our last several years have been pretty tough with good teams to kick off the season.

Brian McTaggart of astros,.com is reporting that Jason Castro (catcher) is out indefinitely with a torn meniscus and is headed back to Houston, likely for surgery.

I don't think he misses a significant portion of the season, but will not be ready for opening day.

• 4 weeks later...
Everyone begged for a big change to be made, for the team to go younger, etc... Well, it's has happened finally. With that being done, expect some lumps. They could end up making a push this season, but I really look for them to be serious contenders within the next 2 years.

Guest jhamilton
ya right on the worst division ha ha is pretty bad huh bc look at the reds in the playoffs. our pitching is ok but i think c lee is done. you would think he would loose some weight over the winter? naw lets get bigger.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83