South Dakota AD Not Happy With LU

KFDM COOP

[quote name="puddin tane" post="968934" timestamp="1298148613"]
so, you just called em one day and said you werent coming in?  I doubt it.

why you wanna post that and make it personal?

[/quote]

Maybe you haven't heard there is a nursing shortage in the USA. Basically, that is what happen. I called them and told them of my personal issues and the reason I was going with St E and they wished me the best with my father.

You might need to stick with the issues you know and not speculate about things you have no knowledge of.

[quote name="bigred360" post="968945" timestamp="1298149057"]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=80458.msg968932#msg968932 date=1298148463]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=80458.msg968927#msg968927 date=1298148259]
What are you implying in the bold of my comment? That I had a reason to want to be closer to my dad who lived in Port Arthur?

We'll, obviously Coach Tidwell and Coach Woodard thought is was the right thing to do in adding an additional home game and dropping SD.

Again, if we were talking about UT, A&M, Tech, Baylor there wouldn't be a negative thing posted because the CONTRACT had a buyout clause.
[/quote]

Just looks like you are putting your resume on this site.....I  have a hard enough time getting my HS kids to believe that your word means something, and then Lamar pulls this.....
[/quote]

My resume, you are kidding, right? I just named the places I've worked the past 15 years. I didn't list salary, job duties and etc.

I'm not making it personal. You guys are by calling out the AD at Lamar University and if [b]my memory serves me correct one of you also had problems with Coach Tubbs.[/b]
You might want to look at your on lives before you judge another man. Then posting them on a public forum.  
[/quote]

You better be careful about pointing a finger on this one.....I have never had a problem with Billy Tubbs.

Man, there is no reason to keep this debate going as you and puddin can think what you want. Again, there was a contract and both schools signed it and there was a buyout clause.

I don't have a problem with it, the two of you do. That is cool with me.

Now, that is funny "you better be careful". Get real. I believe it was you.  ::)

Yes, this is SETXsports.com and I think its a sports forum. I just thought making it personal, you could see that you nor I am perfect; neither is Coach Woodard or Coach Tidwell. Sorry, I thought you could empathize with the administration at Lamar.

You don't make it personal every time you talk negative about Jeremy Johnson?

You are judging the actions of Coach Tidwell and Coach Woodard.

You don't know me so I could care less if you judge me or not. I'm not going to list all my accomplishments just to be okay with you. BTW, I'm sure Coach Tidwell and Coach Woodard don't care that you think they were wrong about dropping the SD game and I heard Coach Tidwell state, "Anyone that doesn't like it can contact me." So there you are, call him or give him a email. Did he call you to ask if it was okay?

Now, I'll close with SD will probably get $100,000 from Lamar because of the negative publicity coming from their AD. I doubt we will schedule them in the future.

Now, please let's move on. I will, can you?

[quote name="bigred360" post="968748" timestamp="1298117122"]You don't know the facts Texas Terror. Who do you think made the call at Lamar A. Coach Woodard or B. the AD Coach Tidwell. Well, the correct answer is B. Coach Tidwell wanted another Sept. game at home for the football team. You or anyone else who doesn't like the call he made, then look up his # or email him. [/quote]

I got no problem with calling off a game - but it seems USD was not informed properly. SHSU had the same situation occur with Prairie View A&M. AD flat out said no one at PVAMU made the call, even after releasing their schedule.

If USD was properly informed - and no indication they were at this point based off what I am hearing/reading - then there is no problem. Buying out games and re-arranging games is nothing new, especially with lengthy trips are involved or more money can be earned another way (ask Montana).

TT, remember when Lamar and TCU were attempting to schedule a game. That was over a month ago and I'm confident that the SD game was going to be nixed then. After the NCAA ruled against the TCU-Lamar game, Lamar scheduled a home game with IW.

Coach Tidwell has over 35 years of coaching experience with several of those years in the college ranks. I think he knows the right way to do things like backing out of a contract. He just got the full time AD position so I doubt he wants to do anything to make Dr. Simmons think twice about his decision on Coach Tidwell as the AD at Lamar University.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Tidwell

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/tidwell_larry00.html

Now, if he didn't informed them properly that would be wrong. However, backing out of a contract happens all the time in college athletics.

[quote name="bigred360" post="969204" timestamp="1298209785"]TT, remember when Lamar and TCU were attempting to schedule a game. That was over a month ago and I'm confident that the SD game was going to be nixed then. After the NCAA ruled against the TCU-Lamar game, Lamar scheduled a home game with IW.[/quote]

Remember when South Dakota announced their schedule?

It was Jan. 27 and South Dakota [url=http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=6183]announced Lamar as part of their schedule[/url]. As of Jan. 27, which was less than [b]over a month ago[/b] (according to you), South Dakota had no clue...

bigred - I respect you, but you just got caught with incorrect information.

[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=80458.msg969204#msg969204 date=1298209785]Now, if he didn't informed them properly that would be wrong. However, backing out of a contract happens all the time in college athletics. [/quote]

And I contend that they were not properly informed based on available information. Seems there is definitely miscommunication between the programs either way. Sayler used to be an Assoc AD at Rice.

At this point and not that it ever would have, our opinions really don't matter.  Lamar made a business descission based on what they think is in the best interest of the school.  South Dakota AD has a reason to be unhappy with it no matter how or when they were notified because it puts them in a bind to replace us on their schedule.  I am sure we would not like it if someone did us the same way.  The answer is in putting the contract together in the beginning.  If I was in SD's place I would make sure if I were going to schedule Lamar or McNeese in the future game one of the set was at home.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="969266" timestamp="1298232034"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=80458.msg969204#msg969204 date=1298209785]TT, remember when Lamar and TCU were attempting to schedule a game. That was over a month ago and I'm confident that the SD game was going to be nixed then. After the NCAA ruled against the TCU-Lamar game, Lamar scheduled a home game with IW.[/quote]

Remember when South Dakota announced their schedule?

It was Jan. 27 and South Dakota [url=http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=6183]announced Lamar as part of their schedule[/url]. As of Jan. 27, which was less than [b]over a month ago[/b) (according to you), South Dakota had no clue...

bigred - I respect you, but you just got caught with incorrect information.

[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=80458.msg969204#msg969204 date=1298209785]Now, if he didn't informed them properly that would be wrong. However, backing out of a contract happens all the time in college athletics. [/quote]

And I contend that they were not properly informed based on available information. Seems there is definitely miscommunication between the programs either way. Sayler used to be an Assoc AD at Rice.
[/quote]
Doesn't mean much but isn't Jan. a little early to make a football schedule public? We didn't announce a schedule until Feb 14th. Heck, Lamar would have had to notify them in December that they were not going to return the game this season.

Last I heard Coach Tidwell was attempting to schedule them in a future year.

Seems I'm getting beat to death with smites about this subject!  :D :D

bigred - I was not 'smiting' you - if you were indicating that...

[quote name="coachacola" post="969312" timestamp="1298240693"]I wonder why Lamar chose to drop the South Dakota game with a $100K buyout fee and not Texas State which wouldn't have cost Lamar a penny?  Maybe dropping the Texas State game wouldn't have set well in the eyes of the WAC?[/quote]

If Lamar put it out there that they were willing to drop that game, they must have looked into the possibilities of doing so. Lamar's best bet would be to move the USD game back a year when they have seven SLC games instead of eight, that way you avoid the buyout likely too...

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="969358" timestamp="1298249871"]
bigred - I was not 'smiting' you - if you were indicating that...

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=80458.msg969312#msg969312 date=1298240693]I wonder why Lamar chose to drop the South Dakota game with a $100K buyout fee and not Texas State which wouldn't have cost Lamar a penny?  Maybe dropping the Texas State game wouldn't have set well in the eyes of the WAC?[/quote]

If Lamar put it out there that they were willing to drop that game, they must have looked into the possibilities of doing so. Lamar's best bet would be to move the USD game back a year when they have seven SLC games instead of eight, that way you avoid the buyout likely too...
[/quote]

Nah, TT I know it wasn't you. Some of my fellow Red Bird faithful didn't like a few of my post on this subject. Well, I guess you live and learn, right?  8)

Guest TBonesLU
I am very flattered that other people on these forums that have no affiliation with Lamar have the need to spend time to post on blogs regarding our university. I for one would not waste my time talking on the fan site for Sam Houston, South Dakota, SFA, etc. for a few reasons. Those schools mean nothing to me. They are merely conference foes or schools with which I have no affiliation. I do not mean that as a slight to any of the universities I've mentioned. It just seems those people do not have enough to talk about regarding their own schools. So thank you for making LU a part of your lives. You are only strengthening our publicity and the size of our network.

Regarding the topic at hand, I say one simple thing: "Always read EVERYTHING in a contract to be sure there is not something with which you do not agree. Otherwise, you cannot have a compelling argument for being upset about a part of the contract you signed."
Trust me...I am reading over a 30-page loan application for flight school after this post. Lamar is simply exercising its right that is in the contract.

As for me, I just want my Cardinals to win games. That is what it is all about. To have 5 wins in a start-up season is a great accomplishment. The game against McNeese was awesome to behold. Let's go even farther this year!

Lamar '09 alum and future commercial pilot,
Tony G.

[quote name="TBonesLU" post="969384" timestamp="1298258526"]
I am very flattered that other people on these forums that have no affiliation with Lamar have the need to spend time to post on blogs regarding our university. [b]I for one would not waste my time talking on the fan site for Sam Houston, South Dakota, SFA, etc. for a few reasons.[/b] Those schools mean nothing to me. They are merely conference foes or schools with which I have no affiliation. I do not mean that as a slight to any of the universities I've mentioned. It just seems those people do not have enough to talk about regarding their own schools. So thank you for making LU a part of your lives. You are only strengthening our publicity and the size of our network.
[/quote]

As evidenced by your 1 total post, you obviously don't waste too much time talking about your own school either  ::) ::)

You should care who's in your conference, because those are the teams that you'll play week in and week out. Having other outsiders from various schools comment on things means that you get to see a different perspective of the weaknesses and strengths of the other team.

Not everyone on this form bleeds red and white anyway, you've got a lot of t-shirt (or should I say avatar) Aggies and Horns too.

Welcome aboard.

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="JJWooten" post="969392" timestamp="1298261317"]
[quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=80458.msg969384#msg969384 date=1298258526]
I am very flattered that other people on these forums that have no affiliation with Lamar have the need to spend time to post on blogs regarding our university. [b]I for one would not waste my time talking on the fan site for Sam Houston, South Dakota, SFA, etc. for a few reasons.[/b] Those schools mean nothing to me. They are merely conference foes or schools with which I have no affiliation. I do not mean that as a slight to any of the universities I've mentioned. It just seems those people do not have enough to talk about regarding their own schools. So thank you for making LU a part of your lives. You are only strengthening our publicity and the size of our network.
[/quote]

As evidenced by your 1 total post, you obviously don't waste too much time talking about your own school either  ::) ::)

You should care who's in your conference, because those are the teams that you'll play week in and week out. Having other outsiders from various schools comment on things means that you get to see a different perspective of the weaknesses and strengths of the other team.

Not everyone on this form bleeds red and white anyway, you've got a lot of t-shirt (or should I say avatar) Aggies and Horns too.

Welcome aboard.
[/quote]

Yeah, because that is how you can find a true fan...by how many posts they have entered on the fan site. Whereas I now live in Dallas and drove down five hours to catch the game against McNeese (probably the only one), you are right. The true fan posts blogs rather than attend games.

In regards to Aggie and Longhorn fans, this is the Lamar University sports fan site. Why not keep to your own rather than go over to others' fan sites and stir up frustrations?

[quote name="TBonesLU" post="969384" timestamp="1298258526"]I am very flattered that other people on these forums that have no affiliation with Lamar have the need to spend time to post on blogs regarding our university. I for one would not waste my time talking on the fan site for Sam Houston, South Dakota, SFA, etc. for a few reasons. Those schools mean nothing to me. They are merely conference foes or schools with which I have no affiliation. I do not mean that as a slight to any of the universities I've mentioned. It just seems those people do not have enough to talk about regarding their own schools. So thank you for making LU a part of your lives. You are only strengthening our publicity and the size of our network. [/quote]

You must be a newbie to the boards - fans from different schools in the SLC visit other SLC boards [b]regularly[/b]. MFFL stops in on KatFans.com all the time, as do folks like royallion & geauxlions94 from SLU, RevSFA and SFA71 from SFA and tons of Bobcats (including HPCAT, MaxBobcatCat, chrisattsu, etc). This is very commonplace and there are more...

For whatever reason, this board tends to have a person or few who are shocked that other fans particularly from [b]SLC schools[/b] (is Lamar a SLC member?) come by for a visit. Why?

TBonesLU - don't become an uneducated Lamar fan. Having fans and insight from around the league your school competes in can only help further educate yourselves on the opponents and the league.

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="TexasTerror" post="969418" timestamp="1298292098"]
[quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=80458.msg969384#msg969384 date=1298258526]I am very flattered that other people on these forums that have no affiliation with Lamar have the need to spend time to post on blogs regarding our university. I for one would not waste my time talking on the fan site for Sam Houston, South Dakota, SFA, etc. for a few reasons. Those schools mean nothing to me. They are merely conference foes or schools with which I have no affiliation. I do not mean that as a slight to any of the universities I've mentioned. It just seems those people do not have enough to talk about regarding their own schools. So thank you for making LU a part of your lives. You are only strengthening our publicity and the size of our network. [/quote]

You must be a newbie to the boards - fans from different schools in the SLC visit other SLC boards [b]regularly[/b]. MFFL stops in on KatFans.com all the time, as do folks like royallion & geauxlions94 from SLU, RevSFA and SFA71 from SFA and tons of Bobcats (including HPCAT, MaxBobcatCat, chrisattsu, etc). This is very commonplace and there are more...

For whatever reason, this board tends to have a person or few who are shocked that other fans particularly from [b]SLC schools[/b] (is Lamar a SLC member?) come by for a visit. Why?

TBonesLU - don't become an uneducated Lamar fan. Having fans and insight from around the league your school competes in can only help further educate yourselves on the opponents and the league.
[/quote]

And I do not doubt that...but it seems more often than not, some do so just to trash that school (not pointing any fingers)...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83