DEEP EAST TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL PLAYOFF PREVIEW

Lazeek

When:  Friday, February 18th
Where:  Lamar University Montagne Center
Admission:  $5 per person (good for one game OR all three games)

Schedule:

6:00  1A-D1 #21 West Sabine vs. 1A Evadale
7:30  3A West Orange-Stark vs. 2A #19 East Chambers
9:00  3A #9 Hardin-Jefferson vs. 4A Port Neches-Groves

Upstairs ticket office will open at the Montagne Center at 5:30 for tickets

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="967438" timestamp="1297907643"]
Curious as to why this is called the "Deep East Texas". This is Southeast Texas, right?
[/quote]

Not sure, but sounds as if someone has sour grapes about not being in it based on some post on here!!! ;) ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="967444" timestamp="1297908273"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=80400.msg967438#msg967438 date=1297907643]
Curious as to why this is called the "Deep East Texas". This is Southeast Texas, right?
[/quote]

Not sure, but sounds as if someone has sour grapes about not being in it based on some post on here!!! ;) ;D
[/quote]

Nope. I'll be in Kirbyville Friday night. Would be there even if Silsbee was at the Montagne. But you knew that already. ;)

I was just wondering why they used that name instead of Southeast.

As for the other post, I was just answering the poster's question.

Again, another HJ person trying to "read between the lines". ::)

[quote name="True Blue" post="967460" timestamp="1297909289"]
Does anyone know what size players WS has, and what type of ball do they play?? I hope its a good match up. I think the second game will be a good one. WOS has no real basketball players just great athletes with lots of speed. The third game I think HJ is just to strong for PNG.
[/quote]Not a whole lot of size, one 6'4, a couple 6'2, and the rest under 6'.  WS has a ton of speed and depth.  The top 10 on the roster are just as good as each other and because of this WS tends to pull away in the 4th by wearing down the opponent.

[quote name="BucketSitR" post="967631" timestamp="1297952479"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80400.msg967453#msg967453 date=1297908674]
Actually I think it is Deep SE Texas....I just screwed up posting it!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

Actually they named it after West Sabine the only true DEEP EAST Team!!! ;D ;D 8)
BucketSitR
[/quote]
I think that is the name of West Sabine's home officiating chapter....Look out Blue ;) ;)

To LAZEEK, you will be impressed with them, and I'm not just being a homer here. What they lack in size up front they make up for with sheer athleticism. Most of them can jump practically out of the gym! They can go through stretches of cold shooting, but what team doesn't from time to time. Smothering on defense as well. Haven't seen Evadale play but I hear they have a 6'7" forward who is good.Can't think of his name right offhand though.Should be a great game!

[quote name="STINGER" post="967563" timestamp="1297918064"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80400.msg967460#msg967460 date=1297909289]
Does anyone know what size players WS has, and what type of ball do they play?? I hope its a good match up. I think the second game will be a good one. WOS has no real basketball players just great athletes with lots of speed. The third game I think HJ is just to strong for PNG.
[/quote]Not a whole lot of size, one 6'4, a couple 6'2, and the rest under 6'.  WS has a ton of speed and depth.  The top 10 on the roster are just as good as each other and because of this WS tends to pull away in the 4th by wearing down the opponent.
[/quote] Blue always want to no how big the team is he think if they are not big THEY CAN WIN. REDHORSE was not big hun BLUE.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="967972" timestamp="1297989802"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=80400.msg967563#msg967563 date=1297918064]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80400.msg967460#msg967460 date=1297909289]
[/quote] Blue always want to no how big the team is he think if they are not big THEY CAN WIN. REDHORSE was not big hun BLUE.
[/quote]See there you go again. Wrong, if you knew anything about Evadale you would know that that is exactly opposite. Big teams dont affect them at all, its the small teams with all guards that have given the trouble. There is not a 1a team that can match them in size, but small guards hurt them.

I think West Sabine picked up some kids that used to play down in Brookeland which would explain the depth.They struggled a little early but have been solid in district, I don't know if that comes from improvement or playing in a weak district .I quess we will find out this weekend.I know they got a basketball guy sitting in the supt. chair.

[quote name="whsalum" post="967995" timestamp="1297992517"]
I think West Sabine picked up some kids that used to play down in Brookeland which would explain the depth.They struggled a little early but have been solid in district, I don't know if that comes from improvement or playing in a weak district .I quess we will find out this weekend.I know they got a basketball guy sitting in the supt. chair.
[/quote]2 of the 15 kids on the WS  team came from Brookeland one of which has been at WS 3 years and the other is a Freshman in his 2nd year there.  Struggled early?  They were playing ranked 2A and 3A teams, they've yet to be beat by a 1A team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder