**SPURGER @ GOODRICH Broadcast**/ SPURGER WINS!!!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tentatively, this is how it will work. Should Burkeville defeat Chester, my understanding is that the Burkeville, Goodrich, Leggett and Spurger will play in a mini-tournament.  Two games on Friday and the winners of those two games meet on Saturday will meet to determine the #1 seed and the losers will meet for the final playoff berth.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="966903" timestamp="1297828868"]

Well Well if you missed this game you missed a great game!!! Spurger by 2  ;D ;D
Way to go Spurger!!! Can't wait to see how this mini tourney turns out. I am so glad playing in a neutral site.

[/quote]

Score by quarters

1        2        3        4          tot

Spurger            17      15      14        10          56
Goodrich            8        16      14        16          54

FT shooting

Spurger    7-10    70%
Goodrich    7-14    50%

3 point shooting

Spurger    5/11      45%
Goodrich    3/13      23%

Rebounds

Spurger      33
Goodrich      31

Turnovers

Spurger      27
Goodrich      22

Individual scoring

Spurger

George Whittaker        22  (14 rebounds)
Shain Rawls                15  ( 10 in 1st quarter)
Forrest Anderson          7
Chase McGallion            4  (9 assists)
Jarom Odom                  3  (game winning three)
Luke McLeod                3
Christian Norsworthy      2

Goodrich

Lavonte Brown              25
Gary Randolph                9
Ray Fisher                      7
Travion Henderson            5
Kaleb Lewis                    4
Tucker George                3
Shaquille Rains                1

Spurger dominated the first quarter and for the most part, the first half. Spurger got their biggest lead at 30-14 with 4 minutes left in the 2nd but Goodrich behind the play of Brown went on a 10-0 run to cut the lead down to 6, 30-24. Half ended with Spurger leading 32-24. The 3rd quarter started off just like the 1st as Spurger kept going inside to their big man Whittaker, who Goodrich had no answer for tonight. Whittaker pounded the smaller Hornets inside but it could have been worse. Whittaker missed several shots from point blank range or this would have never came down to the wire. Goodrich continued to up the pressure on the Pirated, forcing them to turn it over at a rapid rate. Brown started to penetrate and get some baskets to fall, chopping the lead all the way down to 1, 53-52. Finally Goodrich took their first and only lead with 40 seconds left on a steal and layup by Lewis. Spurger then turned it over again and was forced to foul with 9 seconds remaining. Randolph went to the line for a 1 and 1 and missed the frontend. Spurger rebounded, McGallion pushed it up quickly and found Odom in the right corner, who heaved up the 3, draining it with no time left on the clock.

Spurger wins in dramatic fashion but they clearly out played Goodrich and it never should have come down to a last second shot. This forces a 4 way tie and we will wait to see how it is played out. SETXsports hopes to be there, wherever it is, to bring you these exciting games.

Glad I decided to do this game. It was well worth it!!

(see Spurger fans, I am not a jinx after all ;D)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="966937" timestamp="1297833473"]
Score by quarters

1         2         3         4          tot

Spurger             17       15       14        10          56
Goodrich             8        16       14        16          54

FT shooting

Spurger     7-10     70%
Goodrich    7-14     50%

3 point shooting

Spurger     5/11      45%
Goodrich    3/13      23%

Rebounds

Spurger       33
Goodrich      31

Turnovers

Spurger       27
Goodrich      22

Individual scoring

Spurger

George Whittaker         22  (14 rebounds)
Shain Rawls                 15  ( 10 in 1st quarter)
Forrest Anderson           7
Chase McGallion             4  (9 assists)
Jarom Odom                  3  (game winning three)
Luke McLeod                 3
Christian Norsworthy       2

Goodrich

Lavonte Brown               25
Gary Randolph                 9
Ray Fisher                       7
Travion Henderson            5
Kaleb Lewis                     4
Tucker George                 3
Shaquille Rains                 1

Spurger dominated the first quarter and for the most part, the first half. Spurger got their biggest lead at 30-14 with 4 minutes left in the 2nd but Goodrich behind the play of Brown went on a 10-0 run to cut the lead down to 6, 30-24. Half ended with Spurger leading 32-24. The 3rd quarter started off just like the 1st as Spurger kept going inside to their big man Whittaker, who Goodrich had no answer for tonight. Whittaker pounded the smaller Hornets inside but it could have been worse. Whittaker missed several shots from point blank range or this would have never came down to the wire. Goodrich continued to up the pressure on the Pirated, forcing them to turn it over at a rapid rate. Brown started to penetrate and get some baskets to fall, chopping the lead all the way down to 1, 53-52. Finally Goodrich took their first and only lead with 40 seconds left on a steal and layup by Lewis. Spurger then turned it over again and was forced to foul with 9 seconds remaining. Randolph went to the line for a 1 and 1 and missed the frontend. Spurger rebounded, McGallion pushed it up quickly and found Odom in the right corner, who heaved up the 3, draining it with no time left on the clock.

Spurger wins in dramatic fashion but they clearly out played Goodrich and it never should have come down to a last second shot. This forces a 4 way tie and we will wait to see how it is played out. SETXsports hopes to be there, wherever it is, to bring you these exciting games.

Glad I decided to do this game. It was well worth it!!

(see Spurger fans, I am not a jinx after all ;D)

No you are not a Jinx thanks for coming out and broadcasting this game, some of our fans were not able to make it so this made it easy for them to feel like they were there. I know it is hard to believe that some of our fans were not there from looking at the size of our crowd. Maybe we all will be at the next one!!!
[/quote]

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="967060" timestamp="1297871429"]
Heard that the meeting is slated for 11 this morning. Not sure who will be there (i.e coaches, AD's, superintendents), but I am assuming that AggiesAre We will keep us posted.
[/quote]

Indeed, he has been promised a phone call immediately after the meeting so that he can inform us as to the final determination as to how the tie will be broken.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed