Nederland-2011 District Champs

dogs14

Great job Nederland on being the best in district! Great job and Congrats to Coach Brian English and the [b]3[/b] assistant coaches that helped make that program win!  But you cant be satisfied yet! Stay Hungry! Cause pretty soon, you will be playing for your life! One game at a time!

[quote name="dogs1218" post="965283" timestamp="1297535975"]
Great job Nederland on being the best in district! Great job and Congrats to Coach Brian English and the [b]3[/b] assistant coaches that helped make that program win!  But you cant be satisfied yet! Stay Hungry! Cause pretty soon, you will be playing for your life! One game at a time!
[/quote]COACH ENGLISH GREATS JOB HAT IS OFF TO YOU AND THE BOYS,LETS BRING IT HOME STAY HUNGRY..

Just gotta say only more to come in the years to come.  Great program built up, solid skills on the floor, and kids that want to play for a Coach that wants them out there.  He builds their confidence, and treats them like the men they are.  Class act Coach English. 

great season.  i would like to see a deep run, at least to regionals, for the Dogs.  Does Coach English have any of his own kids in the program?  with the success he has had, it is going to open other doors at numerous other schools.  i'm curious how long he will stay.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="965916" timestamp="1297710374"]
His wife is a science teacher in the district and his oldest son is currently a sophomore starter for this years team. He also has 2 younger kids in middle school.
[/quote]

His youngest boy is on the 7th grade squad at C.O. middle school. They went undefeated this season, winning every game by 25 points or more. The team scored over 80 pts in two games (remind U they play 6 min Qs vs. 8 min Qs). I doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon.

[quote name="86hawk" post="965918" timestamp="1297710613"]
i have heard a lot of good things about the Soph class.  I hear they will be more successful than the current team.
[/quote]How can they be 'more successful' than this year's team?  Thus far, they have...  
1. remained state ranked the ENTIRE year
2. won 1 or 2 of their tourneys they entered (I think)
3. Currently on a great winning streak, currently through district and...
4. About to be undefeated in district
5. District Champions

This is all you ask for in a team up untill this point.  I guess the next long term goal for this team is to win State.  Well next year's Bulldog team be good?  Yes they will be.  Will they surpass this year's team?  I think that a foolish thing to say at this point.  That's just my opinion...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="965944" timestamp="1297712791"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=80184.msg965918#msg965918 date=1297710613]
i have heard a lot of good things about the Soph class.  I hear they will be more successful than the current team.
[/quote]How can they be 'more successful' than this year's team?  Thus far, they have... 
5. District Champions

This is all you ask for in a team up untill this point.  I guess the next long term goal for this team is to win State.  Well next year's Bulldog team be good?  Yes they will be.  Will they surpass this year's team?  I think that a foolish thing to say at this point.  That's just my opinion...
[/quote]

No worries.  We all have our opinions.  To your point, they can't be better than the current team with the exception of their record.  I have just heard from the folks drinking the Nederland Kool Aid that the Soph more class [b]will be [/b] the class. Like the Dove class in HF.

[quote name="86hawk" post="965957" timestamp="1297714989"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=80184.msg965944#msg965944 date=1297712791]
[/quote]How can they be 'more successful' than this year's team?  Thus far, they have... 
5. District Champions

This is all you ask for in a team up untill this point.  I guess the next long term goal for this team is to win State.  Well next year's Bulldog team be good?  Yes they will be.  Will they surpass this year's team?  I think that a foolish thing to say at this point.  That's just my opinion...
[/quote]

No worries.  We all have our opinions.  To your point, they can't be better than the current team with the exception of their record.  I have just heard from the folks drinking the Nederland Kool Aid that the Soph more class [b]will be [/b] the class. Like the Dove class in HF.
[/quote]
They have too beat Ozen's great sophmore class 1st .

[quote name="supermario" post="966021" timestamp="1297720493"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=80184.msg965957#msg965957 date=1297714989]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=80184.msg965944#msg965944 date=1297712791]
5. District Champions

[/quote]

[/quote]
They have too beat Ozen's great sophmore class 1st .
[/quote]

Ummm, let's review. Nederland's Varsity AND JV teams swept Ozen this year. What's so special about Ozen's Sophomore class?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont