1. Central(2)
2. Livingston(1)
3. PNG
4. LCM
5. Vidor
6. Ozen
7. Nederland
8. Lumberton

huge battle between 3-7, but this district is wide open. anybody can win on any given night. all teams lost a lot of players with the exception of livingston. lcm returns a lot of offense, vidor returns a lot of defense. that's my opinion.

[quote name="bearfan14" post="962454" timestamp="1297113089"]
1. Central(2)
2. Livingston(1)
3. PNG
4. LCM
5. Vidor
6. Ozen
7. Nederland
8. Lumberton

huge battle between 3-7, but this district is wide open. anybody can win on any given night. all teams lost a lot of players with the exception of livingston. [b]lcm returns a lot of offense[/b], vidor returns a lot of defense. that's my opinion.
[/quote]
Who?  LCM looses 90% of it's offense with Gonzo and Sonnier!

I think the top three are correct, but Nederland will be #4 in that mix. Not necessarily 4th, but top 4. Ozen has talent, but they always do!!! Vidor is back to being Vidor as is Lumberton (notice how quiet it has been the past few years from up north!  ::) ).  And as I stated before the Bears are loosing it's 1-2 punch! If I had to rank 'em today.

1. Livingston (Can win the district, but will struggle to win in the playoffs due to the system)
2. Central (Mitchell takes the next step)
3. PNG (New signal caller, but great weapons at his disposal and this coming Senior group won a lot coming up through the ranks)
4. Nederland (Young QB got his feet wet last year and they had a lot of Soph's step up last year...Good 2013 class means a year away from a DC)
5. Ozen (Talent alone gets 'em close)
6. LCM (Crouch gets 'em close)
7. Vidor (Mathews gets 'em close...to the bottom)
8. Lumberton (Got some good youth programs, but a few years away)

I don't see a standout in this district that will compete for a State Title. 

[quote name="badndn" post="962744" timestamp="1297177963"]
[quote author=bearfan14 link=topic=79668.msg962454#msg962454 date=1297113089]
1. Central(2)
2. Livingston(1)
3. PNG
4. LCM
5. Vidor
6. Ozen
7. Nederland
8. Lumberton

huge battle between 3-7, but this district is wide open. anybody can win on any given night. all teams lost a lot of players with the exception of livingston. [b]lcm returns a lot of offense[/b], vidor returns a lot of defense. that's my opinion.
[/quote]
Who?  LCM looses 90% of it's offense with Gonzo and Sonnier!

I think the top three are correct, but Nederland will be #4 in that mix. Not necessarily 4th, but top 4. Ozen has talent, but they always do!!! Vidor is back to being Vidor as is Lumberton (notice how quiet it has been the past few years from up north!  ::) ).  And as I stated before the Bears are loosing it's 1-2 punch! If I had to rank 'em today.

1. Livingston (Can win the district, but will struggle to win in the playoffs due to the system)
2. Central (Mitchell takes the next step)
3. PNG (New signal caller, but great weapons at his disposal and this coming Senior group won a lot coming up through the ranks)
4. Nederland (Young QB got his feet wet last year and they had a lot of Soph's step up last year...Good 2013 class means a year away from a DC)
5. Ozen (Talent alone gets 'em close)
6. LCM (Crouch gets 'em close)
7. Vidor (Mathews gets 'em close...to the bottom)
8. Lumberton (Got some good youth programs, but a few years away)

I don't see a standout in this district that will compete for a State Title. 
[/quote]I love your breakdown here.  I need to set with you at a game!  We'll get along fine!  ;D ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="962767" timestamp="1297180526"]
PNG, Central, Nederland, Livingston.  PNG will be strong again next year. Alot of good weapons returning from a 3 round deep playoff team=experience! Don't see Ozen in the playoffs, LCM will fall off like Lumberton, and Vidor. WHo knows because there's always the teams that sneak up on people.
[/quote]
Miller replacing Doty will make for a different passing attack, but the running game will take away some of the sting.  My biggest concern is the big elephant in the room around these parts, the Defense?? A lot of returners in the secondary and at LB, but that group did not play well last year. Will the year of experience help or is it just what it is? The group up front and DJ are gone that could put more pressure on the secondary?? I think Peveto will make plays at LB and Romero looked better late in the year, but they gave up alot of points those last two games!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="962758" timestamp="1297179226"]I love your breakdown here.  I need to set with you at a game!  We'll get along fine!   ;D ;D
[/quote]

Anytime my friend, Anytime. I thought about trying to find you at the Central/Humble game, but it got so cold, I didn't want to move much!

If Washington loosens the rains on Mitchell and lets him run some more, Central could have a big run. FWood looses Metzhold, Dawson will take a step back, Angleton will drop back, Humble looks tuff. Big school region 3 could be up for the taking this year? Unfortunately I don't see Washington changing his stripes. As for DII...As much as it pains me to say it, It's all LaMarque! Even Brenham won't get past the Coogs. I think we will see an Aledo/Lamarque rematch. Probably withe the same outcome.

[quote name="badndn" post="962825" timestamp="1297185045"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=79668.msg962758#msg962758 date=1297179226]I love your breakdown here.  I need to set with you at a game!  We'll get along fine!   ;D ;D
[/quote]

Anytime my friend, Anytime. I thought about trying to find you at the Central/Humble game, but it got so cold, I didn't want to move much!

If Washington loosens the rains on Mitchell and lets him run some more, Central could have a big run. FWood looses Metzhold, Dawson will take a step back, Angleton will drop back, Humble looks tuff. Big school region 3 could be up for the taking this year? Unfortunately I don't see Washington changing his stripes. As for DII...As much as it pains me to say it, It's all LaMarque! Even Brenham won't get past the Coogs. I think we will see an Aledo/Lamarque rematch. Probably withe the same outcome.
[/quote]Mitchel is athletic and runs good, but what makes him special since he was in Middle school is that he throws lasers.  They want him to be able to pass the ball in the pocket.  I believe the coach figured out that his running ability could be great later on in games when the defense is tired.  I think the rains will be a lot looser as he will be a Junior and 3rd year on varsity, second year starting. 

Yes, it was cold at the Humble game.  No one wanted to move!  I don't blame you! 

Friendswood will continue to be good.  A couple of years ago, F'Wood had a blue chipper QB and when they lost him, I thought F'Wood would be ready to beat.  But that Metzhold proved me wrong. 

[quote name="badndn" post="962817" timestamp="1297184580"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=79668.msg962767#msg962767 date=1297180526]
PNG, Central, Nederland, Livingston.  PNG will be strong again next year. Alot of good weapons returning from a 3 round deep playoff team=experience! Don't see Ozen in the playoffs, LCM will fall off like Lumberton, and Vidor. WHo knows because there's always the teams that sneak up on people.
[/quote]
Miller replacing Doty will make for a different passing attack, but the running game will take away some of the sting.  My biggest concern is the big elephant in the room around these parts, the Defense?? A lot of returners in the secondary and at LB, but that group did not play well last year. Will the year of experience help or is it just what it is? The group up front and DJ are gone that could put more pressure on the secondary?? I think Peveto will make plays at LB and Romero looked better late in the year, but they gave up alot of points those last two games!
[/quote]Not only do we have the secondary, most of it, returning and some linebackers, we also have Davis who played on the D line and rotated in with THompson and Easley. Players coming up from JV on the D line are good size but very quick, fast and aggressive. Some of these boys will grow alot over the next year. I think our D will be very good next year.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="963428" timestamp="1297253157"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=79668.msg962817#msg962817 date=1297184580]
[/quote]
[/quote]Not only do we have the secondary, most of it, returning and some linebackers, we also have Davis who played on the D line and rotated in with THompson and Easley. Players coming up from JV on the D line are good size but very quick, fast and aggressive. Some of these boys will grow alot over the next year. I think our D will be very good next year.
[/quote]
I hear what your saying, but returning a defense that wasn't very good last year is not something that makes you warm and fuzzy. They still have a lot to proove. Hopefully the year of experience makes them better, but pinning your season on hope is rough.

[quote name="badndn" post="963452" timestamp="1297260886"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=79668.msg963428#msg963428 date=1297253157]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=79668.msg962817#msg962817 date=1297184580]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I hear what your saying, but returning a defense that wasn't very good last year is not something that makes you warm and fuzzy. They still have a lot to proove. Hopefully the year of experience makes them better, but pinning your season on hope is rough.
[/quote]
I hear ya. I think the experience of last year will pay off for next year. Spring ball will show alot to us fans.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder