Lamar to the WAC- April 2011

Cat79

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do hope that you guys jump over to the WAC and beat the heck out of Texas State for being so arrogant! Ever since they joined the WAC their fans have been overly arrogant on fan message boards! If only they woud realize that they weren't the first choice to join the WAC. If you guys join and we don't just know that you've got one bearkat on your side!

[quote name="Bearkat25" post="974907" timestamp="1299029739"]
I really do hope that you guys jump over to the WAC and beat the heck out of Texas State for being so arrogant! Ever since they joined the WAC their fans have been overly arrogant on fan message boards! If only they woud realize that they weren't the first choice to join the WAC. If you guys join and we don't just know that you've got one bearkat on your side!
[/quote]

San marcos Jr college sux

[quote name="Bearkat25" post="974907" timestamp="1299029739"]
[/quote]
How are we arrogant again?

[quote][/quote][quote name="YouCanUseaMint" post="975132" timestamp="1299045118"]
[quote author=Bearkat25 link=topic=79479.msg974907#msg974907 date=1299029739]
[/quote]
[b]How are we arrogant again?[/b][/quote]

Not all Texas State fans are arrogant just some of you.  It seems like Texas State is always looking down on LU and SHSU. Whether its academics, athletics or even LU potentially joining the WAC I always hear, “We are trying to get away from those schools. They aren’t our peers!”  But, it could just be a small few that makes everyone look bad though….

[quote name="Bearkat25" post="975338" timestamp="1299091415"]
[quote][/quote][quote author=YouCanUseaMint link=topic=79479.msg975132#msg975132 date=1299045118]
[/quote]

Not all Texas State fans are arrogant just some of you.  It seems like Texas State is always looking down on LU and SHSU. Whether its academics, athletics or even LU potentially joining the WAC I always hear, “We are trying to get away from those schools. They aren’t our peers!”  But, it could just be a small few that makes everyone look bad though….
[/quote]
Actually, a number of Texas State fans want Lamar in the WAC. Much rather them over Utah Valley or CSU Bakersfield. Can't say the same about Sam, but don't take it personally. It's like you get all excited that you're leaving for greener pastures only to have the same dead grass follow you there. See Boise and the MWC. Once they get there; Utah, TCU, and BYU bolt only to be replaced with Hawaii, Reno, and Fresno.

And don't try and act like there hasn't been hatred on yall's side either. Now on Academics, I'll still say Texas State deserves flagship, but I can also recognize engineering is better at Lamar, while CJ and golf instruction is better at Prison U.

:)

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="YouCanUseaMint" post="975370" timestamp="1299094274"]
[quote author=Bearkat25 link=topic=79479.msg975338#msg975338 date=1299091415]
[quote][/quote][quote author=YouCanUseaMint link=topic=79479.msg975132#msg975132 date=1299045118]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually, a number of Texas State fans want Lamar in the WAC. Much rather them over Utah Valley or CSU Bakersfield. Can't say the same about Sam, but don't take it personally. It's like you get all excited that you're leaving for greener pastures only to have the same dead grass follow you there. See Boise and the MWC. Once they get there; Utah, TCU, and BYU bolt only to be replaced with Hawaii, Reno, and Fresno.

And don't try and act like there hasn't been hatred on yall's side either. Now on Academics, I'll still say Texas State deserves flagship, but I can also recognize engineering is better at Lamar, while CJ and golf instruction is better at Prison U.

:)
[/quote]

Really? LU is a doctoral research university as recently stated by the Carnegie Foundation. But sure, you are right. Jeez, I hope we go over to the WAC to shut at least you up.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="976483" timestamp="1299171680"]
All three schools (Sam, TSU, and Lamar) are members of the Texas State University System. They get pretty equal funding. And even though each has their own academic strong suits. They are overall about even.
[/quote]

That is exactly what I have been trying to say.  There is a reason we are peer institutions!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833