• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="JJWooten" post="959963" timestamp="1296675810"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=79396.msg959960#msg959960 date=1296675622]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=79396.msg959510#msg959510 date=1296623909]
It made sense because SFA is FAR from a running team.
[/quote]

That has been true, as long as Jeremy Moses was at QB, but things are about to change. I posted the following in the FB forum:

[i]SFA: Near perfect fit. SFA is transitioning to more of a running style with the departure of All-Everything Peyton Award Winner QB Jeremy Moses. Attaway will still sling it, but a more balanced attack with rushing will be used. Whole talented O-line comes back (only allowed 11 sacks during all of last season, and SFA passed most every play!), and SFA will win immediately. Program ranked #9 nationally. Also, Nac is nearly as close to Kirbyville as Beaumont is. [/i]
[/quote]

How can you claim their transitioning to a running team when they have half a dozen QBs on there team, as well as about a 15 WRs. I don't see them transitioning at all, they've done nothing to indicate that they'll switch to more of a balanced ground game. Their new offensive coordinator is from West Texas A&M and runs basically a mirror offense to their last guy. Those offensive lineman are NOT run blocking lineman, like you just said, they are pass blockers.

Also, Nac is twice as far away as Beaumont.
[/quote]

I think you are just upset right now, and looking for a debate. If you want to continue to take shots at me, SFA, or whatever, thats fine. I stick by what I said though, as I follow SFA's program probably much more closer than you. Their line is talented and really good. Period. The Offense will be more diversified, period. SFA will win, period. Finally, Mapquest says

" Kirbyville to LU",  =  1 hour 1 minute / 58.43 miles
"Kirbyville to SFA"  = 1 hour 42 minutes   /   93.62 miles

Thats a 35 mile difference. Not "twice".  ::)

Lets just wish Ford well, along with all other area athletes.

Personally, I do not wish the young man well - he is now the enemy.  And I don't think he really cares whether or not I wish him well.  If he did he would have contacted me to get my opinion as to where I thought he should continue his education. 

Why do we have to wish local athletes well when they go to a school you are not a fan of.  I want SFA to go 0-11 every year in football and win two games a year in basketball (the two games they play against Sam).  Me wishing Ford well is essentially wishing SFA well - and I refuse to do that.

Now I don't wish him ill - but I certainly don't hope that he excels, and in turn, SFA excels.  Maybe I can hope that plays really well and SFA just sucks. 

Do you see the paradox in that?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Ruckdad" post="960001" timestamp="1296677754"]
Personally, I do not wish the young man well - he is now the enemy.  And I don't think he really cares whether or not I wish him well.  If he did he would have contacted me to get my opinion as to where I thought he should continue his education. 

Why do we have to wish local athletes well when they go to a school you are not a fan of.  I want SFA to go 0-11 every year in football and win two games a year in basketball (the two games they play against Sam).  Me wishing Ford well is essentially wishing SFA well - and I refuse to do that.

Now I don't wish him ill - but I certainly don't hope that he excels, and in turn, SFA excels.  Maybe I can hope that plays really well and SFA just sucks. 

[/quote]

I see you are in for a lot of disappointment the next few years, SFA wise.  :D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="960016" timestamp="1296679081"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=79396.msg960001#msg960001 date=1296677754]

[/quote]

[/quote]
man....speechless.....

[quote name="LUFAN" post="960019" timestamp="1296679207"]
Actually ECBucFAn, there is a good chance we will only be playing them for a year...   
[/quote]

That is a lot of speculation considering the guy signed his LOI today.

[quote name="mffl" post="960026" timestamp="1296679450"]
[quote author=LUFAN link=topic=79396.msg960019#msg960019 date=1296679207]
Actually ECBucFAn, there is a good chance we will only be playing them for a year...   
[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as LU is concerned Young Mr. Ford is now behind us.  He won't be suited up in Cardinal Red, so time to move on and rally around our own troops.  Only time will tell if he made the right decision.  Good luck to him.

[quote name="mffl" post="960026" timestamp="1296679450"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to expand on the speculation??

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="960016" timestamp="1296679081"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=79396.msg960001#msg960001 date=1296677754]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You never know - who would have thought that UT would have such a terrible year coming off a National Championhip game appearance?

[quote name="LUFAN" post="960063" timestamp="1296681255"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=79396.msg960026#msg960026 date=1296679450]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to expand on the speculation??
[/quote]

Sorry LUFAN, misread that... I need more sleep!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="LUFAN" post="960019" timestamp="1296679207"]
[/quote]

And I hope LU does well. My support for SFA[i] does not [/i] mean I am anti-LU. Far from it. I pull for SFA, and then LU and McNeese except when they are matched against SFA. If LU does go WAC, I'll pull for them every game!  :)

BTW: SFA signed Gilmer stud RB Gus Johnson also:

[i]RB • 5-10 • 210 • Gilmer, Texas (Gilmer): High School: A three-star recruit according to Rivals.com ... Ranked as the 42nd overall running back according to Rivals.com ... Named MVP of the Nike Combine at TCU ... A first-team all-district selection ... Carried the ball 166 times for 1,312 (7.9 ypc) yards and nine touchdowns during his senior season ... Recorded 1,764 yards rushing and 18 touchdowns in his final two seasons ... Hauled in 49 passes for 562 (11.5 ypc) yards and five scores as a senior ... Helped Gilmer to a 9-4 record during his senior season.[/i]  

The days of SFA "passing only" have passed!  ;D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="960097" timestamp="1296683820"]
[/quote]

And I hope LU does well. [b]My support for SFA[i][/b] does not [/i] mean I am anti-LU. Far from it. I pull for SFA, and then LU and McNeese except when they are matched against SFA. If LU does go WAC, I'll pull for them every game!   :)

The days of SFA "passing only" have passed!  ;D
[/quote]

It all makes sense now. Are you a new fan or were you rooting for the air attack during their 0-11 campaign? They've been throwing the rock for a few years now. They may run the ball more next year, but I doubt that it'll be balanced. I still project them near the bottom in the running game.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="JJWooten" post="960106" timestamp="1296684303"]
It all makes sense now. Are you a new fan or were you rooting for the air attack during their 0-11 campaign?
[/quote]

I became a Lumberjack fan the day my kid enrolled, which was two years ago. I have attended 8 games over the past two years. The timing could not have been more perfect. The past two years SFA became back-to-back SLC Champions. Before that, I wasn't even aware they were 0-11 three years ago. Coach J.C. Harper has done a great job!

BTW, if anyone thinks they are a "pass only" team, check out the rushing stats from the 71-3 win this past season:

Lamar: 34 attempts, 37 yards, for a 1.1 average
SFA: [u]35[/u] attempts, 156 yards, for a 4.5 average, and 4 TD's!

Thats right, even last year, pass happy SFA had [i]more rushing attempts[/i] that Lamar did, and a ton more yards and 4 TD's. Kinda blows the theory their line can only pass protect, doesn't it!  :)  

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="960443" timestamp="1296734069"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=79396.msg960106#msg960106 date=1296684303]
It all makes sense now. Are you a new fan or were you rooting for the air attack during their 0-11 campaign?
[/quote]

I became a Lumberjack fan the day my kid enrolled, which was two years ago. I have attended 8 games over the past two years. The timing could not have been more perfect. The past two years SFA became back-to-back SLC Champions. Before that, I wasn't even aware they were 0-11 three years ago. Coach J.C. Harper has done a great job!

BTW, if anyone thinks they are a "pass only" team, check out the rushing stats from the 71-3 win this past season:

Lamar: 34 attempts, 37 yards, for a 1.1 average
SFA: [u]35[/u] attempts, 156 yards, for a 4.5 average, and 4 TD's!

Thats right, even last year, pass happy SFA had [i]more rushing attempts[/i] that Lamar did, and a ton more yards and 4 TD's. Kinda blows the theory their line can only pass protect, doesn't it!  :)  

[/quote]

You shouldn't compare SFA or any team for that matter run game to LAMARS run game last season, we couldn't run the ball so we didn't run the ball.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="960443" timestamp="1296734069"]
[/quote]

Not that we ever ran the ball effectively last year, but normally when teams fall behind, you abandon the running game and pass the ball so you can catch up...

While getting Ford would have been a nice addition for Lamar.  I do not think it is as big of a let down as some are making it out to be. The Enterprise said Lamar is still searching for a break away runner?  Well obviously they have not seen Depauldrick Garrett Play. I promise you this, the first time Garrett plays next year for Lamar he will make everyone totally forget about Ford.  Garrett is a tremendous back with great hands and 4.5 speed.  I have seen both Garrett and Ford play up close and personal and Garrett is definitely the better back.  The only down side to Depauldrick is Lamar only has him for 2 seasons. I so wish the Enterprise would hire some sports writers who have a clue, because it's articles like the one in today's paper that make them look like complete morons.

I don't want to knock Ford, but if he's such a great back then why were the main suitors for his services between SFA and LU, a pass-oriented team and a second year program?  I'm disappointed because you can never have enough good players and Ford would definitely help this team, but Woodard should be able find other comparable backs.

One thing that concerns me is that if Lamar joins the WAC (I'm doubting that too since it seemed like Ford to LU was a done deal) then that will really cut down on the FBS transfers.  Can Woodard sign the 3-star HS and JUCO players every year?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83